WWE: Monday Night Raw #184 - The Roman/Jinder Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Alexa stalled the division for so long. No thank you.

She stalled it by being the only one to have a character and the ability to be interesting?

DAMN HER.

She's not very good in the ring, though she has improved, but the difference in character and ability to portray it between her and the rest of the Raw women is significant. Want to talk about stalling a division? Talk about how Sasha and Charlotte basically just hot potatoed the belt endlessly and only faced each other for...literally ever.

Reactions: Fro

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I remember when Bayley was in NXT and everyone thought she'd be the John Cena of the Women's Division. I never understood it. She's not that good in the ring IMO and doesn't have much of a personality

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Plus, I can't stand Bayley's finisher. A lot of finishers these days aren't that great but hers just irks me. A belly-to-belly suplex? Really?

It's funny, WWE did a YouTube video awhile back and they asked everybody what the worst finisher was (presumably in WWE history). Bayley meekly responded with "Mine?"

Belly to belly worked with the hugging gimmick, but I wouldn't mind it if it was more a setup move for another finisher. They had been letting her use the top rope elbow drop, but I wonder if they were phasing that out for Kairi Sane.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
She stalled it by being the only one to have a character and the ability to be interesting?

DAMN HER.

She's not very good in the ring, though she has improved, but the difference in character and ability to portray it between her and the rest of the Raw women is significant. Want to talk about stalling a division? Talk about how Sasha and Charlotte basically just hot potatoed the belt endlessly and only faced each other for...literally ever.
She stalled it by holding the title for nearly a year and defending it... how much at the end of her reign? Her Raw women's title reign was very, very disappointing, her character and mic work dropped as soon as she was sent to Raw during the shakeup, and more talented individuals like Sasha had to play second fiddle to Alexa when Sasha should have been the top heel in the division and facing a babyface Bayley.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Well your problem is you enjoy Sasha more.

Should work on that.
Heel Sasha Banks would be the star of the women's division. It's not even close, either. Her character work is an A+, she naturally comes off as arrogant anyways, and everyone has their best matches with Sasha. That's who should be the one to be at the forefront of the women's division: someone with great character work and who can make the entire division that works with her look better.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Their problem is that she’s the most over face, has a lot of merch, and does a ton of appearances.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
To each their own. I personally don't think Sasha is very good on the mic or with her character work. Clearly one of the best in the ring in that division, though.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Her heel character work is better then anyone else they have. Sasha was white hot when she got first called up. She should have been top heel from the word go. They could not have bungled Sasha any worse then they have.

They tried to make her a white meat babyface, and it goes too against her character to work well.

Alexa would fail just as badly with a character like that, in fact she did in NXT.

Alexa’s RAW title run was a mess. She barely defended the belt, her character became stale and repetitive, and it prevented anyone else in the division from progressing.

Plus the payoff for a year of her mean girl stuff was Nia Jax winning the belt? If you were running an overcoming the bully story the obvious go to is Bayley and not Nia, but the main roster writers have no idea how to use Bayley either.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
She’s put in a position to fail, like any other face and her hottest feud fell dead because they couldn’t decide what they wanted to it.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'd rather watch Sasha vs. Charlotte part 12953 than Alexa get another title run for a long, long time.

Sasha's the best female worker, and a fantastic heel. As mentioned, she moves a lot of merch and does a lot of appearances, so WWE is probably hesitant on the heel turn, but it's necessary at this point imo.

Sasha/Bayley has been so botched that one needs to move to the opposite brand and they can try again next year.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I'd rather watch Sasha vs. Charlotte part 12953 than Alexa get another title run for a long, long time.

Sasha's the best female worker, and a fantastic heel. As mentioned, she moves a lot of merch and does a lot of appearances, so WWE is probably hesitant on the heel turn, but it's necessary at this point imo.

Sasha/Bayley has been so botched that one needs to move to the opposite brand and they can try again next year.

Stuff like moving merch being more important than the actual product and entertainment absolutely sucks.

Competition needs to happen. We need some Russian billionaire who likes wrestling to start a company.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
dolph-ziggler-drew-mcintyre-def-finn-balor-braun-strowman.jpg

"7 foot" tall Strowman

Reactions: ColePens

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Good. Drew is the total package.

Also never realized how ****ing shredded and huge he is until seeing that pic even though he always has such a commanding presence.

Yeah he wasn't very jacked in his first WWE run. Now he's huge and looks like a star. I used to think he was bland but the new look and showing some mic work now has done wonders for him.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeah he wasn't very jacked in his first WWE run. Now he's huge and looks like a star. I used to think he was bland but the new look and showing some mic work now has done wonders for him.

Someone compared his transformation to Triple H and it is so damn accurate

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I remember when Bayley was in NXT and everyone thought she'd be the John Cena of the Women's Division. I never understood it. She's not that good in the ring IMO and doesn't have much of a personality

People meant she'd be John Cena-like as far as getting kids behind her and becoming a huge merch seller. Unfortunately, the mentality in WWE is opposite from NXT. In WWE you come in hot and beating everyone right off the bat instead of building from being a rookie underdog to becoming dominant. That doesn't work with Bayley and her character and it's long since been blown.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It’s not often tall guys like that fill out so massively. Look at Orton for example. Even at his biggest, Drew today would still make him look small. He really does remind me of the HHH transformation, except even taller and bigger.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Bayley is one of the better workers on the roster. She is the victim of the same roster mismanagement as everyone else.

Plus they don’t really value work rate on the main roster. At least not as far as pushes go.

Think that is exactly why you see someone like KO scaling his work back. He doesn’t need to put on five star matches anymore to make a good living with decent TV time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad