WWE: Monday Night Raw #183 - What do we do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
The pop lmfao

Reigns is just so despised. This is worse than anything Cena encountered (minus One Night Stand) because Cena was at least good enough on the mic to have flashes where he could win the crowd over, even temporarily, before the crowd remembered they were supposed to boo him.

I think that the "Hate" for Cena was exaggerated by the fans, he was the guy that the fans boo'd but deep down a lot of people cheered for him, but because it wasn't cool to like him, they boo'd.

With Roman the dislike of him is real and visceral. Cena comes across as a pretty good guy, who loves the business and loves entertaining, and does a ton of charity work and other stuff. He's also a complete dork.

Roman's whole vibe is arrogance and entitlement.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I actually think Roman is a better worker now then when Cena was at his peak despised. Cena was not a good wrestler in 2006-07. He has gotten a lot better in ring in last 5 years.

Cena in 2006? wrestling garbage matches against JBL where he pulls the super man come from behind crap deserved all the hate it got. Never mind the constant Cena/Orton feuds. Those two could feud in 1000 years and it would still be too soon.

Roman’s hate now is definitely worse. That garbage Mania match, and all the nonsense since then has turned what was really just apathy to full blown hatred.

Everyone was simply apathetic before Mania. Just wanted to get it over with, and some even saying his promos and work have improved and maybe they will turn him heel and it will be ok

Now with him main eventing with stinker after stinker, and the booking pushing the limits of believability as far as it can go. The only thing that will save Roman now is disappearing for 8 months and coming back as a heel in the mid card.

They have done that much damage in the past month and a half. You can’t wrestle negative five star matches, lose, and still keep get handed title shots and main event spots.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Bobby Lashley getting tied up to a tree and left there by his sisters is super dark. He might actually be clean after hearing that. He could just be obsessive. That ending was haunting.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Did I understand right? There with be both Raw and SDL MitB matches for both the men and women? 4 ladder matches on a single card? Was really hoping we would get just 1 for each the men in the women, where the winners could go after any champ on any show.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Did I understand right? There with be both Raw and SDL MitB matches for both the men and women? 4 ladder matches on a single card? Was really hoping we would get just 1 for each the men in the women, where the winners could go after any champ on any show.
it's 1 men and 1 women, 4 from each show.

Reactions: Method Man

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Jinder finally gonna get some cheers going up against Reigns. (Vince must think Reigns will actually get cheers from this since everyone hates Jinder)

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
It would be really great if you could get large sections of fans to just leave their seats and hang out in the concourse for the Jinder/Reigns match (or actually leave to beat the traffic if it's the main event). Vince can mix up the audio to drown out the boos, but he can't really do much about the camera showing huge sections of empty seats.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
it's 1 men and 1 women, 4 from each show.
Oh thank god. 1 woman's ladder match will be awful enough. Although Ember, Asuka and Charlotte give it some hope to be better than the one I slept through last year.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Was Braun's promo as bad as it reads?

... Sounds like he's getting the Sufferin' Succotash/Jack and the Beanstalk treatment.

When has any of his promos ever made sense? He's a cartoon monster that's flipped trucks and ambulances over. You want him to have Lars Sullivan's vocabulary?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
When has any of his promos ever made sense? He's a cartoon monster that's flipped trucks and ambulances over. You want him to have Lars Sullivan's vocabulary?

His promos went from, "I'll beat the hell out of you" to bedtime stories about how he'll beat the hell out of you, apparently.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Oh thank god. 1 woman's ladder match will be awful enough. Although Ember, Asuka and Charlotte give it some hope to be better than the one I slept through last year.
It will be good if they book it to be good.

A ladder match with 4HW, Ember, Asuka, Naomi, and say, Ruby should be very good.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I guess the writers are into kid stories lately with Cass talking about being Bryan's size as a kid. Let's be honest, we were all the same size at some point in our lives.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It will be good if they book it to be good.

A ladder match with 4HW, Ember, Asuka, Naomi, and say, Ruby should be very good.
I'm not sure I agree. I find Bayley boring and Sasha would probably hurt someone with one of her botches.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm not sure I agree. I find Bayley boring and Sasha would probably hurt someone with one of her botches.

They let Sasha go an hour in the royal rumble and 2 iron man matches, that is clearly not only not a concern but also completely unfounded that she’s hurting people with botches. Given the spots they’ve put Nia Jax and Charlotte in, they’re not concerned about it anyways.

They have to put the best workers in the match.

They think it will get Roman over, but it will more likely get Jinder over.
No they’ll just hate both of them and Jinder will get buried

Last edited:

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
There's not gonna be MITB matches for each brand right? Just one for the men and one for the women?

... And hopefully the winner can challenge for either title and subsequently switch brands?

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I thought the idea was to have one mens and one womens cross-branded when they talked about doing the co-branded PPV going forward. Then there's even a chance of a tag team briefcase match as well...that could be intriguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad