WWE: Monday Night Raw 151 -- Redesign. Rebuild. REPLACED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I was watching the Steelers play. KO/Reigns and Sami/Jericho look to be the must-see parts of Raw? Anything else?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I was watching the Steelers play. KO/Reigns and Sami/Jericho look to be the must-see parts of Raw? Anything else?

Make sure to catch KO and Seth's exchange before the main event. I honestly thought the women's match and the New Day/Club match was decent, but it isn't necessary viewing. Maybe watch the opening promo at least to get the women's storyline straight

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I like a Sami/Jericho feud. Could be a good feud for Sami to regain the momentum they wasted.

Also kind of feels like a KO/Sami title feud is inevitable. They played up the KO connection a lot.

Jonas1235

Jan 8, 2008
Calgary
what if Reigns asked to be traded to Smackdown? Unite with the USOS. And form the Samoan Club. Wear all black with white sneakers. Take all the titles and say Too Sweet at the end of every promo.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Following up on Styles/Ambrose, another main event that doesn't spam finishers. The benefits of having signature moves, like the super fisherman's buster, bullfrog splash, superman punch, etc.

Great main event. **** match. The match before the restart was very average, but the second half after the restart was great.

Kevin Owens and AJ Styles are going to be neck-and-neck for the rest of the year as superstar of the year and it's going to be fantastic. The

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
So our CoC card so far.

KO(c) vs Seth Rollins for Universal Title
Rusev(c) vs Roman Reigns for the US Title
New Day(c) vs Club for Tag Team Titles
Sasha Banks vs Charlotte(c) for Women's Title
Sami Zayn vs Chris Jericho
Enzo & Cass vs Shining Stars
Cesaro vs Sheamus Best of 7 final (assuming Cesaro wins next week)

Bayley and Dana need something to do. Jax and Foxy could happen. RAWR vs Sin Cara is a possibility too.

Oct 18, 2011
lol Rusev swerved a bunch of people the logical finish to this match was always him coming back for revenge, glad the right thing happened and that KO continues to look strong as champion

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Was a very solid show.

I mean... it maybe was, but I couldn't tell anyone to watch even half the show with so many damaged characters like Charlotte, Dana Brooks, Sasha Banks, even Bayley is a caricature of her NXT character, and then Enzo, Cass, Cesaro, Sheamus, New Day, Anderson, Gallows, etc. among the generally uninteresting characters they have on the programming.

Oct 18, 2011
show is better when you can fast forward thru ****, if i sat thru all 3 hours i would have hated it. i think what they are doing with the women sucks. Charlotte is a good promo but Sasha is one of the most contrived on the roster, i am not hearing her voice, the only word that is hers is "boss" but she has yet to show why she is and in all honesty her gimmick is probably better suited as a heel, and I absolutely hated Bayley's as well, she sounds so fake trying to present this squeaky clean image in the way that she tried to claim the title shot.

i think new day has about run it's course i would like to see them be more serious and not make everything a joke.

liked owens all night he is coming off as a star and the way he talks you can just hear his voice thru the words unlike many on the roster. seems like they haven't gone all the way with rollins as a babyface yet either

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
That main event would be so great if the WWE didn't insist on matches ending on finishers only. Despite that awesome job the guys did building the intrigue, like in those John Cena-KO matches, you just wait for Owens to land that powerbomb.

LOL @ the "Rusev" chants.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Ya, more matches need to end with moves that aren't finishers. Makes it more unpredictable. Has Orton ever beat anyone with his DDT off the ropes? Reigns' superman punch or sit out powerbomb? Owens' cool superplex, whatever it's called? There's always false finishes for these moves but it's hard to get into them if they're never ending matches.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I mean... it maybe was, but I couldn't tell anyone to watch even half the show with so many damaged characters like Charlotte, Dana Brooks, Sasha Banks, even Bayley is a caricature of her NXT character, and then Enzo, Cass, Cesaro, Sheamus, New Day, Anderson, Gallows, etc. among the generally uninteresting characters they have on the programming.
I think you gave the answer I was expecting. The show can be fine, but still not worth going back to if you didn't watch it live. Like Smackdown most weeks.Usually hoping I'll hear about a truly great match, memorable promo, quality botch, etc.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
, and I absolutely hated Bayley's as well, she sounds so fake trying to present this squeaky clean image in the way that she tried to claim the title shot.

But Bayley is squeaky clean though. She's the babyface of babyfaces. I doubt she'll ever show a shade of grey.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
My god, Jericho is still just oozing charisma. He's more entertaining to watch now than ever.

Off topic.. i wanna wrestle haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->