Moncton making a pitch for Chris Bourque

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttnorm

Feb 21, 2003
Connecticut
Visit site
Sorry if this has been posted already.

http://www.canadaeast.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040828/TTSPORTS03/208280513/-1/TTSPORTS Near the bottom of the article:
Have the Wildcats given up on the idea of landing Bourque for this season?

"No, not at all," said Power. "I realistically think that it might only be a slight possibility, but it is a possibility. Maybe he could come here at Christmas, I don't know.

"Like Adam Pineault, Chris Bourque could be a similar situation where he tries college (and it doesn't work out). I don't think we can get into a situation where we're trying to twist arms. All we can do is provide as much information as possible so they can draw their own conclusions and on their own time frame."

Pineault and Bourque were among the 42 players invited to attend the U.S. national junior team's camp this summer. They will find out later if they crack the roster for the World Junior Hockey Championship, which opens in late December in North Dakota.

"Chris Bourque has a grandfather living in Moncton and his father's best man Allain Grenier lives here," said Power. "We're way ahead of the game in that respect with the Chris Bourque dossier."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->