Injury Report: (Monahan) Flames' broken leadership bones and character burns

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Hope Mony recovers well. Now I think the last remaining games with Bennett centering the top line will determine whether he's playing C or LW next season.

Reactions: Sk8M8

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Tkachuk has either a neck or head injury . Just keep him shut down , same with Brodie .

Flames are done. Every injured player should sit .

Reactions: Sk8M8 and Mobiandi

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
K04yp_s-200x150.gif

This season man.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Stajan plays 1,000 games and some guys can't play a whole 82 games without significant injuries. For all the strength training, nutritionists and yoga of this generation, it's amazing how often they get hurt.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
A true 1C would still be playing. :sarcasm:
Yeah like Auston Matthews.

Oh wait a minute Shanny has him sat if he has so much as a hang nail. Rightfully so though.. These are the guys that are your franchise.
Monahan should have been pulled out of the line-up a month ago.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
2 injuries and 1 requires surgery. Still looked decent out there half the time too, contrary to what some flames "fans" think.

Hopefully he is good to go to start next year though with the surgery injury, depending on what it is and the rehab needed.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Yeah like Auston Matthews.

Oh wait a minute Shanny has him sat if he has so much as a hang nail. Rightfully so though.. These are the guys that are your franchise.
Monahan should have been pulled out of the line-up a month ago.
I was being sarcastic, hence the sarcastic emoji..

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
MONY BATTLED HARD
Monaghan will undergo wrist surgery shortly and has also been dealing with a painful hip issue.
"This isn't something that just happened,'' said GM Brad Treliving. "We're talking not just one significant injury, but two. Injuries that in a lot of cases would've keep a guy from playing at all.
"He's been trying to muscle through as best he can and showed a lot of determination doing it. He said: 'I'm good. I can manage it.' And we tried to.
"But it's just time now. We've had to step in and say 'Okay, enough's enough. You've got to get this looked after.' He can't function.
"The hip needs to settle down a bit but he'll have a procedure on the wrist and it'll be a rehab process over the spring.
"That's where we're at."
"Mony's a quiet guy so people might not see the character and the passion he has,'' said captain Mark Giordano.
"But he wants to win as much as anyone I've seen. He has that drive.
"It's tough sometimes watching someone struggle through an injury but Mony's that's type of guy. He's our best scorer, offensively he's a catalyst for us. Him and Johnny really make things happen.
"He wants to be that difference-maker for us."

Mony will have wrist surgery soon and has a hip injury that will heal with rest, no back related injury like last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->