Speculation: Molson's Move

Leafsmann

Jan 4, 2016
So, with the team struggling, naturally you would think Molson would make a move. What do you think it'll be? Big trade? Firing Julien? Firing Bergevin? Or standing pat? I don't think he'll be quiet if they're in grave danger of him missing out on that sweet playoff revenue.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So, with the team struggling, naturally you would think Molson would make a move. What do you think it'll be? Big trade? Firing Julien? Firing Bergevin? Or standing pat? I don't think he'll be quiet if they're in grave danger of him missing out on that sweet playoff revenue.

I'd say Molson will be standing pat.

When Gauthier was on his last season, he waited til the Habs were mathematically eliminated before terminating him. He's going to be continuing to drink the kool-aid otherwise he'd lose face big time for handing that lofty contract extension to Bergevin.

Geoff, a good move is not just taking Metamucil. Cut-cut-cut the bozo you mindlessly trusted to run manage your team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Habs178 and Rapala

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
If you want to trade players, you can do it anytime. But any big move involving non-skating individuals (especially if it includes Bergevin) depends on the schedule. The first window was the 3 days off following the 6-2 loss against the Ducks in October. But in November, the Habs have a gruesome schedule that would not allow this type of change.

I'm circling December 9th on the calendar. That day, the Habs face Edmonton and then are off for four days. That could be the perfect time for a major shakeup. Following that break, Montreal welcomes the Devils on the 14th. But after that ? Montreal has 8 games on the road and doesn't come home until January the 2nd. Plenty of time to make major player moves, maybe sell players to tank and be away from the boos at the Bell Center.

If nothing happens between the 9th and 14th of December with Bergevin, Timmins, Muller, Lefevbre, etc... then nothing will happen until the season is over, IMO.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So, with the team struggling, naturally you would think Molson would make a move. What do you think it'll be?

1ypwed.jpg

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
He's in big trouble, but I think nothing happens until brisebois' out clause kicks in on his contract. I think that happens in February.

The only way MB saves his job is if the club makes the playoffs, and that's a Longshot already.

Reactions: habergeon

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
Bergevin already used his get out of jail free card by firing Therrien. Julien and that fat new contract will not be going anywhere before Bergevin does. He can fire an assistant coach or let go some front office people, but in actuality, Bergevin is next in the firing line.

If Molson has any brains rolling around in his head, Bergevin will be gone before the draft. The year is basically already lost and its the first week of November. I'd like to see MB before the trade deadline an an interim GM brought in/promoted in order to trade off some lesser assets.

I'm pretty sure Molson will give Bergevin the whole year though.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Firing an assistant coach is coming next and it won't be Bargain Bins eyes and ears Daigneault.

Galchenyuk traded for peanuts is in the future.

Then finally the Fox Hole will be cleaned out and left empty. Guessing in April when the Habs are in last place and vying for Dahlin.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Julien is safe.

Bergevin is next. I suspect Molson will wait until he can grab BriseBois.

It's kind of a mess. I know Julien has 5 years but the incoming GM will want his own guy. Unless that guy is convinced that Julien is the answer, CJ can find himself right back on the hotseat pretty quick as he did in Boston.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It's kind of a mess. I know Julien has 5 years but the incoming GM will want his own guy. Unless that guy is convinced that Julien is the answer, CJ can find himself right back on the hotseat pretty quick as he did in Boston.
A new GM will give Julien a shot. It's a shitty situation for Julien to be in again with a new GM coming in if Bergevin is canned and him not being that GM's guy, but that's the nature of it.

I think the new GM will give Julien some rope and time, but not as much as he'll probably need.

Reactions: cedouimet

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Lose both games on the weekend and I expect big moves
Hopefully no one shows up to the Vegas game as well, even people that have received tickets via a gift

Reactions: Doc McKenna

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Hopefully no one shows up to the Vegas game as well, even people that have received tickets via a gift

That won’t happen. Fans will show up just boo Price if they have too.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

I'm hoping Montoya starts against Winnipeg, should be shitty enough to allow 5-6 goals against that offense.
Then Price will lose in a 4-2 game against Chicago.

Thus effectively ending any rational play-off hopes for the team.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad