[MOD] Pavelec done for the year?

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I like how people think Pavelec is gone. He will be the starter next year and then the goalie coach the year after. Depending how that goes, he may get an assistant GM job to see if he can handle the full GM duties. Ownership of true north may be on the distant horizon for this savvy netminder.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Good lord. "master at changing the story"! :facepalm:

Your right... I should have said " master at saying a lot but saying nothing " , but then he's been learning from the best.

So from Maurice we have...

- I didn't like how the workout went
- Pavs didn't like how the workout went
- he should be out 2-3 weeks
- he might be out longer because he's a goalie
- his season is not over

I can't wait until his name is never mentioned again.... that will be a good day for this team.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I'm ok riding Helle and empty net for the duration.
Empty has played lights out occasionally

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Good lord. "master at changing the story"! :facepalm:

Isn't it possible NEITHER of them liked the fact that Pavs was experiencing pain or discomfort during his workout?

It's absolutely ridiculous how some people will pick apart every word a coach or GM says to find the most trivial imaginary inconsistency.

It doesn't seem a little fishy to you?

Pavs is back on the ice, and by all indications is slated to start on Friday. Gets through the morning skates just fine. Now he's undergoing surgery because he couldn't get through an off-ice workout? If it's as simple as him re-aggravating his knee injury and deciding to shut it down, then just say it! What's the big secret, and why are we getting these cryptic, inconsistent quotes from Maurice?

Last edited:

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Also can't believe I wasted that much time and effort discussing what may have happened with Pavs knee, and why Maurice's explanation doesn't make much sense.

Bottom line, he's done as a Jet. I wish him all the best in his future, but it's time we moved on once and for all.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
I've been advocating for the Jets and Pavelec to part ways since the end of the 2011-12 season but even I feel for the guy. I sincerely hope he makes a full recovery and finds a job as a full time starter. Ideally for another team in the Central division.

m.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Disagree. He's still a veteran netminder. GMs always think they're smarter than everyone else in the league and can "save" a player's career. He'll be hired on somewhere as a #2, and as a number 2 he'll probably post better numbers than he has been in Winnipeg.

More than likely he will sign with the KHL.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Hopefully he's done with the Jets
Best of luck in the future (again, not with the Jets)

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
How can anyone possibly not think there's a ton of fish smell in this story?? It stinks like a red lobster dumpster! lol. Pav says in an interview last week that he's 100% and ready to play lots of games. He looks to be slated in as backup at least. Then the next day Mo announces he "didn't pass the off ice test" and he's not even dressed? Now a couple days later, it's announced that Pav has pulled himself out as he "doesn't want to risk it." C'mon mang! Stinks to high heaven...

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
How can anyone possibly not think there's a ton of fish smell in this story?? It stinks like a red lobster dumpster! lol. Pav says in an interview last week that he's 100% and ready to play lots of games. He looks to be slated in as backup at least. Then the next day Mo announces he "didn't pass the off ice test" and he's not even dressed? Now a couple days later, it's announced that Pav has pulled himself out as he "doesn't want to risk it." C'mon mang! Stinks to high heaven...

Well the Sharks are here and up next are the Penguins who like snackin on fish. Hey once we finnish with the Sharks lets feed their dead carcasses to the Penguins and make them all fat and bloated so we can skate circles around them.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Well the Sharks are here and up next are the Penguins who like snackin on fish. Hey once we finnish with the Sharks lets feed their dead carcasses to the Penguins and make them all fat and bloated so we can skate circles around them.

mmmmmm, fishy!

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Also can't believe I wasted that much time and effort discussing what may have happened with Pavs knee, and why Maurice's explanation doesn't make much sense.

Bottom line, he's done as a Jet. I wish him all the best in his future, but it's time we moved on once and for all.

This basically ensures he gets a 3 year contract extension.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Out of curiosity, to those who sense conspiracy in the air, what do you possibly think could be going on?

For me, here's a list of things I don't find fishy at all:
1. A player saying he's 100% when he's really not.
2. A player's borderline injury reaching the breaking point during a workout session, when you're pushing your muscles the hardest.
3. An NHL team being a little coy about the exact nature of a player's injury.
4. A player being slated to play, then not, because an injury worsens and reaches an unacceptable level of risk or degradation in play.
5. Elephants.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I think the organization and Pav have had a "falling out" and he's withdrawn his services and the org is frankly just fine to wave goodbye and let him take his pads home and sit for the brief remainder of his fat contract.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I think the organization and Pav have had a "falling out" and he's withdrawn his services and the org is frankly just fine to wave goodbye and let him take his pads home and sit for the brief remainder of his fat contract.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's really what happened. As to me the chain of events makes little sense or atleast the way the org has presented it.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming

I'd agree.

Seems like Kane having shoulder surgery after the "shower incident"

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Well, since there seems to be a fair contingent who think there's more to the story, I should apologize to cbcwpg for being so hard on his post earlier. Sorry man, it read to me at the time like a baseless trashing of Maurice.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
I heard a rumour that Pavelec is in fact healthy; however, during a late night video game marathon, he was in fact "no"-scoped by a 13 year old Korean girl in CoD.

He just hasn't had the right degree of confidence since, and will be out indefinitely.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Well, since there seems to be a fair contingent who think there's more to the story, I should apologize to cbcwpg for being so hard on his post earlier. Sorry man, it read to me at the time like a baseless trashing of Maurice.

Speaking for myself, I wasn't even necessarily trashing Maurice. It was just another inconsistency that cbcwpg spotted, and added even more stink to an already fishy-sounding story.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

No prob... I have thick skin :laugh:

And no, the intent wasn't to bash Mo at all. In fact who said the tweets, to me, isn't as important as what was said and the inconsistency. Could have been Mo, Chevy, or Flaherty...

I just don't get why they didn't just come out and say Pavs aggravated a previous problem and has to have surgery. Done. Instead we get ambiguity as to who really took Pavs out.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
The plot thickens:

Something is clearly going on beyond this apparent "injury situation". Not saying that there is a larger conspiracy at work, but it's clear that something is off with this whole situation.

Here are the new questions that come to mind:

1. What happened between Maurice and Pavelec around training camp?

2. Why did Lawless cover it up until the time came that Pavelec was not coming back and it was time to throw him under the bus?

3. What happened on Friday morning? Prior to that all signs pointed to Pavelec starting the game later that day, Pavelec said to the media he was ready to go and it was coach's decision, the coach said that Pavelec would start, he apparently passed the on-ice part of his evaluation but now suddenly he needs go in for a season ending surgery (the story around which has changed a few times).

4. After the trade deadline, in his interview Chevy said that Pavelec will a part of the process for the rest of the season. If there was even a chance that his injury really required surgery and was potentially season ending why would Chevy say that? It seems the entire organisation expected PAvs to come back in a few days. So what really happened to derail that? At what point did things change and why?

5. Does this issue have any connection to the apparent situation between Maurice and Pavelec at training camp?

Clearly Lawless knows more than he's letting on.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad