[MOD] 10 goals for John Moore this year?

Punxrocknyc19*

what do Rangers fans think of him in a more offensive system???

i think its possible he can get 10 goals if given power play time.. he can skate and has a good shot that hits the net...

im a fan of his since he came to the Rangers. i didnt really know much about him until he was on the team... seems like a sleeper in the trade for him...

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
99 NHL games (110 w/ playoffs), 3 goals.

10 goal expectation is ridiculous. We seriously need to stop every thread that begins with, "player X in a more offensive system"

Let's start another thread meme, how many points would McIlrath put up against the US paralympic hockey team. I'm thinking he has the ability to be over 1PPG, but that's just me.

Can't wait for the season to start already.

Last edited:

Vickers8

Trade was a steal from our side, Moore has great potential and will mature and get much better..can't teach a guy to be 6'3", skate like the wind and have a heavy accurate shot..

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
10 goals is a **** ton, I hope people realize that. If JM gets 10, McD can (apparently) get 15 easily. If McD can get 15, MDZ can also get 15, or more, Stralman can get 6, Staal can get 10 as well, Girardi can get 7. We'll have the best offensive d core in the league! VVvYaaayyyy!

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
10 goals is a **** ton, I hope people realize that. If JM gets 10, McD can (apparently) get 15 easily. If McD can get 15, MDZ can also get 15, or more, Stralman can get 6, Staal can get 10 as well, Girardi can get 7. We'll have the best offensive d core in the league! VVvYaaayyyy!
The cup is ours!!

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
I don't think the way Moore is used is going to change very much under AV. He's going to get 3rd pairing minutes and maybe get limited time on the 2nd unit power play. As for the number of goals? I don't really know, this kid is just getting his feet wet. I do think 10 goals is a pipe dream.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Since we're no longer utilizing the general "player discussion" tags, I updated the thread title. The consequence of the thread tag is that you end up getting a long drawn out thread that goes in 40 different directions. Link to board rules.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think John Moore is just gonna be more of a smooth skating 3rd pair guy who provides good D and the occasional points.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
if he ever does I doubt it's this season. He's great at leading the rush but he is still just getting his feet really wet in the NHL. I'd say 15-20 points or so with like 5 goals is a reasonable expectation this year.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Some people around here are going to be pretty disapointed when were not leading the league in goals scored or have multiple players who get exponentially better in this "pure/exclusively offensive system" were going to be using this year :help:

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Doubt he gets much power play time. Richards and Del Zotto will be on the points for one PP unit. Stralman and McDonagh should get time too. You just know Girardi will sneak his way into getting time as well.

I just don't see the opportunity for him to get to 7 or so, never mind 10. I'd say 4-5 is much more reasonable.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Some people around here are going to be pretty disapointed when were not leading the league in goals scored or have multiple players who get exponentially better in this "pure/exclusively offensive system" were going to be using this year :help:

Exactly. It's starting to get hilarious. By September, Del Zotto might score 30 goals, Moore 15, McDonagh 20. With that much goal support and Hank, we wouldn't even need forwards!

Staxgod90

New Season New Dream
May 31, 2011
Westchester,NY
wow for a second I thought the name in the title was Johnny Malkin (John Mitchell).. anyways I think Moore will probably spend most of his time on the third pairing but might have some time on the second pairing. As for scoring I see the 3-6 goal range depending on his PP time.. I see him getting 25 assists or so though, just a hunch

Vickers8

Since we're no longer utilizing the general "player discussion" tags, I updated the thread title. The consequence of the thread tag is that you end up getting a long drawn out thread that goes in 40 different directions. Link to board rules.

Sorry but I think changing the thread title is misleading, we were just discussing his attributes, he will never get to 10 goals...it's like Delzotto 20 goals this year....no

Mr Atoz*

I want the Rangers to win. I don't care how many goals he scores.

Drewbackatu*

what do Rangers fans think of him in a more offensive system???

i think its possible he can get 10 goals if given power play time.. he can skate and has a good shot that hits the net...

im a fan of his since he came to the Rangers. i didnt really know much about him until he was on the team... seems like a sleeper in the trade for him...

Be happy if he plays sound but unspecacular defense, moves the puck out of the zone and chips in a littlel bit offensively!

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
3 or 4 goals sounds reasonable.

McDonagh scored 1 goal in 40 games his first year here. He scored 7 in his first full season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad