30.(WAS) Korostin

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Korostin in TOP 30? No way.

Moller out of TOP 30? No way

Yann

Apr 4, 2007
Ontario
Looks rather accurate, I'd swap Mark Katic with Zach Hamill, well not exactly swap cause Edmonton will be looking for a defensman but I think Hamill goes ealrier and Katic later...

10 ft. pole

May 19, 2003
Colorado
Visit site
1.(PHI) Voracek
2.(PHX) Kane
3.(LA) Turris
4.(WAS) Cherapanov
5.(CHI) Van Riemsdyk
6.(EDM) Gagner
7.(CBS) Alzner
8.(BOS) Ellerby
9.(STL) Couture
10.(FLA) Plante
11.(CAR) Katic
12.(MTL) Esposito
13.(TOR) Mayorov
14.(EDM) Petrecki
15.(ANA) Hickey

Last edited:

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Those first three picks are what I would guess. Though I think Kane/Voracek could swap positions potentially. Alzner is not a flashy pick but I can see LA going for him. Having Turris/Cherapanov at the 4 spot for my caps is a tough one.

For some reason I get the feeling Kane has the potential of maybe sliding a couple of spots ala Kessel. Size mostly.

mlm

Mar 31, 2010
I really see EDM taking at least one defenseman , maybe not Katic but...

mlm

Mar 31, 2010
The Senators will draft :eek::eek::eek::eek:i or Moller, yes I can see that

Le depisteur

Feb 13, 2003
Québec
Visit site
I already heard Petrecki is not on the Habs radar for the first round. They don't like him. They're not crazy about Blum either.

From all indications Shattenkirk will be picked ahead of Blum and Petrecki, there's a good chance that McDonagh will as well. Ellerby won't be around when the Habs pick I don't think.

mlm

Mar 31, 2010
That can't be accurate because that will mean my mock sucks and is inaccurate....Try again!

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
1.(PHI) Voracek
2.(PHX) Kane
3.(LA) Turris
4.(WAS) Van Riemsdyk
5.(CHI) Cherapanov
6.(EDM) Gagner
7.(CBS) Ellerby
8.(BOS) Alzner
9.(STL) Couture
10.(FLA) Plante
11.(CAR) Katic
12.(MTL) Petrecki
13.(TOR) Mayorov
14.(EDM) Esposito
15.(ANA) Hickey

I would hope that the Caps would pick Cherapanov over JVR for two reasons. First and foremost, I just think Cherapanov is a better prospect. Secondly, our top two LW's are Ovy and Semin, both young and already stars. Plus we have Fleischmann, a very good LW prospect in his own right. Doesn't seem too likely that JVR will be able to earn a spot in a top six role. On the other hand, our right side is fairly weak and Chep would be able to step in pretty soon, if his play in the RSL is any indication.

Yann

Apr 4, 2007
Ontario
Dont you know there is a new system for the order of the draft? bottom 14 have a lottery, then the 8 first round losers from the playoffs are next, with the least points first, most last. the 4 teams that lose in the 2nd round of the playoffs are next, least points first, most points last. The 2 teams that lose in the conference finals are next, least points first, most points last. The loser in the finals is 29th, and the Cup Champion is last.

So the order for playoff teams isnt near being decided yet.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Personally I think that the Canes take Petrecki if he's on the board. Just my 2 cents as a Canes fan. I wouldn't mind seeing Gagner falling to #11 though, especially if he can play left wing.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I would hope that the Caps would pick Cherapanov over JVR for two reasons. First and foremost, I just think Cherapanov is a better prospect. Secondly, our top two LW's are Ovy and Semin, both young and already stars. Plus we have Fleischmann, a very good LW prospect in his own right. Doesn't seem too likely that JVR will be able to earn a spot in a top six role. On the other hand, our right side is fairly weak and Chep would be able to step in pretty soon, if his play in the RSL is any indication.

Washington DC with a super star Russian team. If this was the 1980s, it'd be ironic.

mlm

Mar 31, 2010
Gagner is best player available but I can see that happen, either or fill a need for canes

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
The danger for Washington would be if the Russian banded together during contract talks. Imagine all three holding out? I think they'll take another center to go with Backstrom or Alzner.

Here's the top ten as I see it:

Philly: Pat Kane
Phoenix: Jakub Voracek
Los Angeles: Kyle Turris
Washington: Karl Alzner
Chicago: Alexei Cherepanov
Edmonton: Sam Gagner
Columbus: James Van Riemsdyk
Boston: Keaton Ellerby
St. Louis: Logan Couture
Florida: Alex Plante

mlm

Mar 31, 2010
Sorry, Toronto will select Mayorov as Esposito will not fall that far

Yann

Apr 4, 2007
Ontario
Mayorov wont be in the 1st round... I would cry if Espo falls to an Ontarian team.

If mayorov isnt in the 1st round, I will be surprised as hell, I havent seen him play alot, but since the beginning of the year hes been rising, and rising, and rising up the list, ISS ranks him 8th

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad