mock draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

HFNHL Red Wings

I always love these, it really wets the appetite for the draft.

Since these things are always a good way of getting discussions going let me start it with some speculation and ramblings ...

While you did an excellent job in projecting picks based on team need Nick it will be interesting to see how much influence the new lower restricted free agency will have on drafting tendencies.
Case in point. I have Lundqvist and Niittymaki in the wings for the goaltender position and as such I would not normally consider taking a goaltender with my first pick but it takes about 5+ years for a goalie to develop and with the lower restricted free agency on the horizon someone like Lundqvist will already be a UFA by the time a goaltender would be ready.

Is it just me or is Jack Skille moving way too far up the draft lists based on tourney hype? No question he's a quality player and good chance of being a solid NHL player but heck the guy shows up for two tourneys and he rockets up the charts. Reminds me of guys like Malholtra and Tellqvist who had really good showings in the second half of their draft year.
Ok so maybe that last part belongs more on the HF prospects board.

On the flip side of Skille you have the potential biggest faller in Jakub Kindl. Started as being a potential top 5 pick at the start of the season and now is listed as low as 52nd in McKeen's top 100. Again probably an over reaction. Credit to Nick who has kept in his top 15 which is probably appropriate but still I can see him as one of the biggest fallers and someone is going to be very happy to pick him up later in the draft.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
One thing about goalies Drew --- the new UFA age is only for players with 4+ years of accrued service, although I am not sure what the minimum games to count as accrued service are. Depending on what the minimum is, unless Lundqvist and Nittymaki start this year they will probably not be free agents for 5-6 years from now.

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
if you want dropping... what happened to Vitaly Ankilikenko (sp?)? He was like a top draft pick and now, he is projected 3rd rounder and later... wowzer :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad