Mock Draft w/trades(For those who missed out on others)

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Alexander the Great said:

Tampa trades their first round pick, #15 overall to Washington for the 23rd pick in the 1st round and pick #34 (originally Boston'ss 2nd round pick).

Checker*

the 34th has already been traded guys...just edit and I'll verify it

Spetzky

Jul 31, 2004
Edmonton
Alberta Yote said:
Coyotes would off Mara as a starter to move up.

I can't help you move up but i'll give you my 2nd (41st overall) and RW Lauri Tukonen
and a conditional 2nd in 2007 but a sure 3rd in 2007 to take your 1st Round Pick.

dunwoody_joe

Mar 16, 2002
atlanta
Visit site
Weak draft year for goalies so Atlanta is willing to part with Dan Turple.

Turple was the best goaltender in the OHL this season, with a .924 save percentage which led the league, as did his 2.25 GAA and seven shutouts. He's ready for the AHL as a 21 year old.

Anybody? PM me.

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
I was savouring the moment. But since my fellow Yotes fans are so excited and no doubt ready to jump all over me.

:coyotes

With the 2nd overall pick in the 2006 NHL entry draft the Phoenix Coyotes select, from the University of Minnesota, Phil Kessel. The club now has the elite stud offensive forward prospect it has lacked since moving to the desert.

:coyotes

Boston

Captain Chara
Oct 3, 2005
With the 3rd overall pick in the 2006 NHL entry draft, the Chicago Black Hawks are proud to select, from the University of North Dakota, Jonathan Toews.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Tjardus Greidanus said:
Trade

To Pittsburgh
: Paul Mara, 8th Overall, 40th Overall
To Phoenix: 2nd Overall

Steep, steep price. Mara, a first, and a second for Phil Kessel. The Coyotes better sign a top UFA d-man, and that Kessel better be really good. If this went down, I'd scream, but I wouldn't know whether I did it out of joy or out of rage.

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
rt said:
Steep, steep price. Mara, a first, and a second for Phil Kessel. The Coyotes better sign a top UFA d-man, and that Kessel better be really good. If this went down, I'd scream, but I wouldn't know whether I did it out of joy or out of rage.
Mara would have cost us close to double to re-sign him long term and can be replaced in free agency anyway. We have good young defensive depth in the NHL already, and with Jones and Spiller in S.A. and Stephenson and Yandle coming along this is an area of strength. The second rounder we got for basically nothing as we would have all accepted one 2nd and Gratton for Gauthier. I thought it was worth it to get a true blue chipper for a change.

Do you want me to try to trade up again?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Alberta Yote said:
Mara would have cost us close to double to re-sign him long term and can be replaced in free agency anyway. We have good young defensive depth in the NHL already, and with Jones and Spiller in S.A. and Stephenson and Yandle coming along this is an area of strength. The second rounder we got for basically nothing as we would have all accepted one 2nd and Gratton for Gauthier. I thought it was worth it to get a true blue chipper for a change.

Fair enough. I wouldn't be mad if this happened at the draft. I would be mad if this happened and we didn't replace Mara with a Redden, or Chara type this summer.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Alexander the Great said:
Washington has acquired the 9th overall pick from Minnesota for the 15th,60th and Jiri Hudler

Minny Gm to confirm

Confirmed

To Washington: 9th Overall 2006

To Minnesota: 15th Overall 06, 60th Overall 06, Jiri Hudler

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->