Mock Draft Monday: May 15th : Xtra

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
Hey Guys,

As you have read in the other thread every Monday on HF Podcast will now be mock draft Monday , a chance for one of you mock drafters to defend your draft as I try to pick it apart, well not try to, you'll be able to express your's who's to where and why. And that I will ask WHAT were you thinking...something along those lines.

Anyway we have our first Mock Draft. It will be the one posted by Xtra, I've re-posted it in this thread.

I look forward to you talking with the man about his Mock Draft.

And just to make things fun.

I want you guys to email in some questions that I will fire his way while we are doing the interview.

Send your questions for Xtra to [email protected]

Mock Draft Monday: May 15th

1. St. Louis Blues – Phil Kessel
2. Pittsburgh Penguins - Erik Johnson
3. Chicago Blackhawks- Jordan Staal
4. Washington Capitals- Jonathan Toews
5. Boston Bruins- Peter Mueller
6. Columbus Blue Jackets- Derrick Bassard
7. New York Islanders Jiri Tlusty
8. Phoenix Coyotes: Nicklas Backstrom
9. Minnesota Wild: Kyle Oposko
10. Florida Panthers: Bobby Sangeuitti
11. Los Angeles Kings: Michael Frolik
12. Atlanta Thrashers- Nigel Williams
13. Toronto Maple Leafs- Bryan Little
14. Vancouver Canucks: James Sheppard
15. Tampa Bay Lightning- Jonathan Bernier
16. Montreal Canadians – Chris Stewart
17. Minnesota Wild- Cody Emerton
18. Colorado Avalanche- Yuri Alexandrov
19. Anaheim Ducks: Nick Foligno
20. San Jose Sharks: Michael Grabner
21. New York Rangers: Alexander Yasunov
22. Philly Flyers: Riku Helnius
23. Washington Capitals: Ivan Vishnevski
24. Buffalo Sabers: Patrick Berglund
25. New Jersey Devils: Jesse Jonesus
26. Calgary Flames: Cody Burki
27. St. Louis Blues: Michael Forney
28. Dallas Stars: Leland Irving
29. Ottawa Senators: Thomas Kana
30, Detriot Red wings: Ondrej Fiala

Should be fun.

Hope to get some emails to help me disect this Mock Draft.
Dustin
HF Radio

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
DeuceUNO said:
cody emmerton at #17?

where do you see him going?

jeez now i am getting nervouse casuse some of these picks espically the later ones aren't too up to date and picks like Kana and grabner

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I think hes great but i did the draft thinking who the teams would take not who i would take. The only places i could see wishart going is to SanJose, Rangers or Detriot

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Backstrom at #8? Do you think he is going to fall because of concerns over his contract in Sweden and fears he could be difficult to sign??

I just can't imagine 7 teams passing up on easily the most NHL ready player in the draft, and a guy who's downside is as an outstanding 3rd liner, with great second line potential

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
JoeIsAStud said:
Backstrom at #8? Do you think he is going to fall because of concerns over his contract in Sweden and fears he could be difficult to sign??

I just can't imagine 7 teams passing up on easily the most NHL ready player in the draft, and a guy who's downside is as an outstanding 3rd liner, with great second line potential
There is not a chance Backstrom slips out of the top 6, in my opinion. I could eat crow on this (re: Anze Kopitar), but I think Washington is dying to get him at 4.

btn

Gone Hollywood
Feb 27, 2002
ATL
Visit site
The Thrashers have solid depth at D in their farm system. Do you think Williams is the best player available at that spot, enough so that the Thrashers will not address their farm systems weakness at C with Little or Sheppard?

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
btn said:
The Thrashers have solid depth at D in their farm system. Do you think Williams is the best player available at that spot, enough so that the Thrashers will not address their farm systems weakness at C with Little or Sheppard?

Williams is big and can skate. More often than not teams take chances on players like this espically one who has grown so much in the last year in terms of ability

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad