Mock draft for players drafted between 1984 and 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
Had forgotten that thing from the rules. My mistake, so he can keep Mullen, but no other is able to select earlier free agents. Sorry.

Then to my pick:

Good goalie is what every team needs, so I go on with selecting Marty Turco, drafted in 1994.

Fleuryfan29

Apr 1, 2004
Barrie, Ontario
www.freewebs.com
Iam also going to take a free Agent signing...
I select Free Agent Geoff Courtnall who signed in 1984 with the Boston Bruins

Barrie Bombers Roster

Fowards
Luc Robitaille - xxx - Marcus Naslund
Geoff Courtnall- xxx- xxx
xxx- xxx- xxx
xxx- xxx- xxx

Defence
xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx

Goalies
xxx
xxx

Free Agents
xxx
xxx

Drafts Used

FA x1, 1991, 1984

Last edited:

Fleuryfan29

Apr 1, 2004
Barrie, Ontario
www.freewebs.com
The Barrie Bombers choose with there next selection from the
1985 Draft C- Igor Larionov

Barrie Bombers Roster

Fowards
Luc Robitaille - xxx - Marcus Naslund
Geoff Courtnall- Igor Larionov - xxx
xxx- xxx- xxx
xxx- xxx- xxx

Defence
xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx

Goalies
xxx
xxx

Free Agents
xxx
xxx

Drafts Used

FA x1, 1991, 1984, 1985

Last edited:

MichaelK

Mar 13, 2004
Flame_Star_Devil: With the FA pool not that large, they tend to get overdrafted. Who would have thought Ed Belfour and CuJo would go ahead of some more highly acclaimed goaltenders

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
MichaelK said:
Flame_Star_Devil: With the FA pool not that large, they tend to get overdrafted. Who would have thought Ed Belfour and CuJo would go ahead of some more highly acclaimed goaltenders

I guess. I would just go with the best player available. :dunno:

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
From the 1991 draft, the Rockford Regiment are pleased to select RW Glen Murray.

Rockford:

Kovalchuk - xxxxx - Mullen
xxxxxxxxx - xxxxx - Murray
xxxxxxxxx - xxxxx - xxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx - xxxxx - xxxxxx

xxxxxxxxx - xxxxx
xxxxxxxxx - xxxxx
xxxxxxxxx - xxxxx

Khabibulin
xxxxx

dwaynester

May 10, 2004
Southwestern Ontario
Drafting Strategy

I see where some people might question my strategy of drafting Belfour and Joseph as free agent goaltenders. The strategy is actually quite simple.

The free agent pool is, to state it bluntly, pathetic for the NHL. There really isnt a lot to choose from. when you can get two all-star goaltenders, with almost 800 wins between them, with the 2 free agent picks, why not. You arent going to find a lot of 500 goal scorers who were free agents, and you wont find a lot of 1000 point career players as well. Why not take the best 2 goaltenders. I can now draft strong players with each round, and go from there.

MrMackey

Aug 7, 2003
cgy
Visit site
dwaynester said:
I see where some people might question my strategy of drafting Belfour and Joseph as free agent goaltenders.

Not at all, those are two solid picks... I think its a good strategy. That's why I took Oates.

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
I will be off from Tuesday evening to Friday morning. You can make draft until my next turn, which is #53.

dwaynester

May 10, 2004
Southwestern Ontario
4th Round Selection

The Hamilton Steelheads, with a proud heritage in this league, are just awaiting final approval of our selection. Here it is, and we are pleased to announce that we are selecting, with our fourth round pick, from the 1987 entry draft:

BRENDAN SHANAHAN

We thank you again for your hospitality, and will return with our next selection shortly

ORBluesFan

Jul 31, 2003
Portland, OR
Well, the Griffins were looking at Madden for this pick, but after re-evaluating, and also going with BPA, since we are looking at players in their prime, the Portland Griffins are pleased to select:

:banana: C Eric Lindros :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad