Mock Draft: Drafting Thread

Roger's Pancreas*

The Flyers select #28 Robyn Regehr.

$1.9 million dollar cap hit.

Roger's Pancreas*

****. I just remembered to send CC his PM. Please don't hold this against him, seeing as how he didn't officialy go on clock until 12:34 ET, the time I sent him the PM.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
The Canucks Select the ever improving Daniel sedin

Denied! You can't prevent Daniel from being reunited with his brother, it goes against the laws of physics! Especially right before my pick.

And aren't you Boston, not Vancouver? Anyways, hand over Daniel, or prepare for Jihad :madfire:

Roger's Pancreas*

I think it's safe to say that the time has passed. Moving on.

Safir*

Damn this sucks! I think that this mock is burried too deep on HF and that's why we are not moving plus it seems that we have some posters that don't frequent the site very often.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Guys, there are people who arn't showing up and this draft is going at a snail's pace. Thus, I've decided to kill it rather then force the several postersw who have been committed to this to sit around waiting for a handful of others to pick up the slack. I think the idea of a mock with a cap is interesting and worth exploring. I'd be willing to give it another go in the Spring when this board is busy with draft hype;

Safir*

We have done a 16 round soccer mock draft (15 teams and mostly with two GM's per team) within a little less than two months.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
I've been following along the entire time as well, but have not really been that surprised by the lack of movement. I took part in Vedder19's mock draft last year just before the lockout ended and it took us well over a month to get it finished.

I think we have had a combination of factors that has lead to the demise of this draft. I think we have had a lack of PM's going out efficently and a combination of GM's that aren't daily readers/posters on HF that weren't really able to totally dedicate themselves to a project of this magnitude and a group of GM's that got into this thinking it would be over in a week and have become discouraged and lost interest when they realized they might only be picking once or twice a week.

I remain interested in taking part in a project like this and thought I had a good start to my franchise (others might disagree, after two picks...it's kinda hard to tell about anyone's franchise). Please feel free to PM me if you wish to continue this or do a similiar project in the future.

Roger's Pancreas*

Guys, there are people who arn't showing up and this draft is going at a snail's pace. Thus, I've decided to kill it rather then force the several postersw who have been committed to this to sit around waiting for a handful of others to pick up the slack. I think the idea of a mock with a cap is interesting and worth exploring. I'd be willing to give it another go in the Spring when this board is busy with draft hype;

Count me in, but I think certain posters should be black listed from signing up again. Don't need to make the same mistake twice.

shelovesshanny

Feb 11, 2004
Littleton, Colorado
I agree. i think an invite only idea is the way to go and maybe keep it to 15 teams or so just to keep the pace going. i tried my damndest to pm people even when it wasnt anywhere near my turn. if you cant respond to a pm and go make your pick then you have no respect for the others and you shouldnt be allowed into a draft. the group here is actually pretty cut and dry as to who is a "good mock drafter" and who is not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->