MN HS tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Tournament got kicked off yesterday with the little schools and today with the big schools. NoDak has 3 recruits in the tournament, 2 of which play this afternoon. The other played yeasterday. Brian Lee, Moorhead, probable first round draft pick, and his teamate Chris Vandevelde. TJ Oshie, Waroad, had 95 points this year. Matt Niskanen, Virginia, going to tUMD. Brian Connely, Jefferson, going to CC. And one surprise 8th grader Jordan Schroed of St Thomas lead his team in scoring and looked very good in his quarterfinal notching 2g and 2a. Is only 5'5" but should grow as he is only an 8th grader. Tonights game with Accademy of Holy Angels and Bloomington Jefferson should be one of the tourments best in recent years. If you like hockey and can i would recamend this game. There are a lot of players that will play D1 here just cannot remember who and where.

firstroundbust

lacks explosiveness
Mar 3, 2004
Parts Unknown
State tourney time baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CC and The U are checkin for Jay Bariball from HA...I know Hummel, their Dman is goin to SCSU I think...

This tournament completely fills the nhl void for me imo

chaachie12

Mar 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Visit site
how about the kid from St. Thomas Academy...an 8th grader, 2 goals and 2 assists. Led his high school team in scoring in a very tough conference (Mostly AA schools). That is unheard of...well, almost. :bow:

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
chaachie12 said:
how about the kid from St. Thomas Academy...an 8th grader, 2 goals and 2 assists. Led his high school team in scoring in a very tough conference (Mostly AA schools). That is unheard of...well, almost. :bow:

Peter Mueller was one of the top scorers for Breck as an 8th grader a few years back. I know he was 14 at the time. Is this Schroeder kid the same age or younger?

chaachie12

Mar 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Visit site
cagney said:
Peter Mueller was one of the top scorers for Breck as an 8th grader a few years back. I know he was 14 at the time. Is this Schroeder kid the same age or younger?

They were saying on the broadcast that he was 13, he may be 14...I always thought 8th graders were 14, unless he was "accellerating" to get the college faster! :D

NyCoN

Instant Contender
Nov 20, 2003
Land of 10,000 Lakes
Visit site
chaachie12 said:
They were saying on the broadcast that he was 13, he may be 14...I always thought 8th graders were 14, unless he was "accellerating" to get the college faster! :D

He'll be the next big signing for the Gophers! One can only hope anyway.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
chaachie12 said:

USHR had a blurb and it seems he's a '90 so he's about the same age Mueller was. Regardless, it seems like he's a kid who could possibly go to the NTDP as an underager next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad