MMA General Discussion and Fight Announcements 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
I don't know how they move on with that card if they can't find a suitable replacement for Anderson. It was already a terrible card when that main event was in place.
It was in Ireland though. It won't result in anything. US would've been a different story. He should definitely be suspended.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Looks like Aldo vs Holloway is a go. Poor Jose, going to take another L and pretty much torpedo what's left of his career I imagine.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Props to Bisping for stepping up but fighting three weeks after taking damage and getting dropped in a fight doesn't seem like a good idea. Gastelum has some damn good striking as well, even more so when he likely doesn't have to worry about takedowns.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Props to Bisping for stepping up but fighting three weeks after taking damage and getting dropped in a fight doesn't seem like a good idea. Gastelum has some damn good striking as well, even more so when he likely doesn't have to worry about takedowns.

Agreed. Not a very good idea for Bisping and the UFC needs to protect him from himself, like they claim they were doing for Mark Hunt when they pulled him off a card.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Actually really disappointed to see that McGregor video. I've always been a huge fan, but the guys head is getting waaaaaay too big for his own good and it's bordering on him becoming bigger than the sport. That's not good. He's making himself look like an idiot.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Conor on drugs or what? He’s gotta be suspended for a significant length of time for this. He is a repeat offender. Should be a year at minimum.

Bisping, damn. Is he going to get killed? Lol @ UFC for making this fight after the whole song & dance re: pulling Hunt from his fight.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Conor should be stripped from belt right now. He has refused to defend his title over year now, we don't have time for another year without defending the belt.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
McGregor is acting like a guy that made f*** you money in his last fight, so he's doing whatever he wants. He's acting like a guy that doesn't need to fight any more, and there's nothing any of the sanctioning bodies can do to stop him. At this point, I don't think he's going to bother fighting again.

Reactions: Asiantuntija

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I would think Bisping is going to headline the March 28th card in London, so my guess is the UFC told him if he takes this fight with Gastelum and wins, the fight in March will be against Whittaker for the interim title

Put Rockhold vs Weidman on the same London card with the winner getting the next title shot

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I would think Bisping is going to be headlining the March 28th card in London, so my guess is the UFC told him if he takes this fight with Gastelum and wins, the fight in March will be against Whittaker for the interim title

Put Rockhold vs Weidman on the same London card with the winner getting the next title shot

This was my thinking as well - win this fight and he gets first crack at Whittaker. Either way, full credit to him for taking another tough fight.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
I'm very conflicted. On one hand, as a fan, I want him to fight ASAP on Dec 30. On the other hand, as a fan of good manners and etiquette, I hope he gets suspended for a year.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I'm very conflicted. On one hand, as a fan, I want him to fight ASAP on Dec 30. On the other hand, as a fan of good manners and etiquette, I hope he gets suspended for a year.

For that? Really? Jesus, I've seen far worse get nothing and you want to suspend the guy for a year because he clearly has beef with a referee? And in all seriousness, the fight wasn't called? Dude was out and they're trying to say after the fact that it was going to continue?? I don't buy that for a second.

On a related note, man, he looks either really high or really drunk in that video. Hopefully he gets his shit together and puts the kibosh down on the extra curricular stuff outside the cage.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
He slapped the commissioner in the face on his way to the cage. He was just an obnoxious douchebag for no reason. He also had no business being in the cage in the first place. He wasn't cornering anything.

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
He looks high as f*ck.

I don't think they'll suspend him, there's too much money involved.

I think they give him a huge fine & a very strict probation.

member 51464

Maybe McGregor gets his comeuppance soon. f***ed up by Tony Ferguson and then pops on some drug.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
dude posts a tinder-esque profile picture and deflects everything to Goddard. Come on lol. I love Conor, but come on. :laugh::facepalm:

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I know most of the guys are past their prime but that Bellator
HW tourney has quite a list of names, should be interesting.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I know most of the guys are past their prime but that Bellator
HW tourney has quite a list of names, should be interesting.

I think that's probably the right word for it. It's an 8 man HW tournament that includes 4 LHW fighters. Nothing that happens with that tournament will be a surprise. I'll watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad