MMA General Discussion and Fight Announcements 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
I assume Till will be on the offensive. He was pushing the pace with Cowboy.

But if he does do that, Wonderboy will pick him apart.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Darren will knock him out at first round, mark my words. I like Wonderboy, but for the f*** sake, Darren is almost twice his size :D

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
Edgar is injured.

It would be fun to see Swanson against Holloway. He's no Edgar but I think there'll be a lot of fireworks if these two meet. Much easier fight for Max too.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Edgar is injured.

It would be fun to see Swanson against Holloway. He's no Edgar but I think there'll be a lot of fireworks if these two meet. Much easier fight for Max too.

That sucks. Cub would be an okay replacement but it won't be the same. At least the rest of the main card should make up for it.

There's also this:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Brutal news on both injuries.

Not that intrigued by Swanson v Max. Swanson will get killed.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
That event has taken a huge hit now. Holloway has vowed to stay on the card, regardless of whom they put in there. Swanson and Aldo were mentioned as possible replacements. At this point, I'd rather see Max fight Cub than another Aldo fight. He can't take a punch anymore, so we know how it's going to go. :laugh:

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
That event has taken a huge hit now. Holloway has vowed to stay on the card, regardless of whom they put in there. Swanson and Aldo were mentioned as possible replacements. At this point, I'd rather see Max fight Cub than another Aldo fight. He can't take a punch anymore, so we know how it's going to go. :laugh:
Aldo appears to be the favourite now.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I don't have much of an interest in either fight, really. Out of the two I'll take Aldo, but these are not prime options.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
That's gotta be the end of the line for Anderson Silva.
At 42 facing and a multi year suspension his career has to be over.

Really destroyed his legacy at the end of his career. If he retired after the second Wideman fight people still probably call him the GOAT.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
just give it to Brian Ortega or Yair Rodriguez (i know he lost his last fight) and watch one of them try to land a fluke finishing shot

Ortega makes much more sense than Swanson.. though I assume they want to give him a bit more time.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
McGregor is an idiot after what he pulled today.

No kidding. He looked absolutely ridiculous, I'm not sure what he was thinking. My first thought was that he was definitely under some sort of influence, more specifically the influences that Jon Jones has been known to enjoy.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
No kidding. He looked absolutely ridiculous, I'm not sure what he was thinking. My first thought was that he was definitely under some sort of influence, more specifically the influences that Jon Jones has been known to enjoy.
Looks like he's auditioning for WWE.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Conor had a bit of a run in with Goddard a few weeks back as well and I think this is an extension of that. He doesn't think the rules apply to him so he lost his mind when the same ref told him to get out and sit his ass down. If the commission handles this like they should, you can kiss any chance of him fighting in the next few months goodbye.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't know how they move on with that card if they can't find a suitable replacement for Anderson. It was already a terrible card when that main event was in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad