MLS Thread: Enter Zlatan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
NYCFC are a complete joke, well the league is for allowing them to play on a illegal small pitch in a baseball stadium...

America-Toronto is a real blockbuster I say that seriously.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
The Giants, Jets, and Red Bulls couldn't get a stadium in NY.... so here we are with NYCFC spending another year in a baseball stadium on a tiny lopsided field while not having a new home. Yet their fans won't stop trash talking the Red Bulls while refusing to realize their team is headed for a similar fate. Just wait til they finally get a stadium somewhere on Metro North or out in Long Island. Or how about what is going to happen to them when David Villa leaves? They have no youth system or structure to bridge the gap til the next DP is signed. Let's also remember that they have seen a 25% drop in attendance in a consistent decline since they played their first game and have lost thousands of season ticket holders. But hey... the Red Bulls are in NJ!
NYCFC is owned by CFG...Finding talent is not really an issue. And they still sell more merchandise and enjoy more popularity playing in baseball stadium in New York rather than New Jersey. Sorry but by all accounts MLS needed a team in New York City proper, who would market to New York rather than soccer moms in the suburbs.
The fact that Red Bulls call themsevles New York and not New Jersey should tell you what we actually think about New Jersey.
If playing in NJ works for Red Bulls, great, but MLS definitely needed a team in New York City. And they are better for it.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
How are they better for it? Everyone is actually calling the league a joke for having a team play on an illegal small pitch in a baseball stadium. It actually hurts MLS. And the club has done nothing since their debut.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
How are they better for it? Everyone is actually calling the league a joke for having a team play on an illegal small pitch in a baseball stadium. It actually hurts MLS. And the club has done nothing since their debut.
Who is everyone? You and Red Bull fans are everybody?

Goodness gracious.

NYCFC gave NYC an MLS presence. I lived here for long time and most people east of Hudson had no clue Red Bulls existed. This is honest to god truth.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Blood Money FC lost another 1,000 season ticket holders this year while ours continue to increase. The novelty has worn off big time. When Villa leaves after this season don't expect that to improve.

Reactions: Pouchkine

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Blood Money FC lost another 1,000 season ticket holders this year while ours continue to increase. The novelty has worn off big time. When Villa leaves after this season don't expect that to improve.

Add to that Jack Harrison played well so he was summoned by "Parent Company" just to be loaned to Middlesbrough. Haha.

Reactions: Pouchkine

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Add to that Jack Harrison played well so he was summoned by "Parent Company" just to be loaned to Middlesbrough. Haha.
He wanted to go to Europe, like I presume most MLS players. Stoke came calling for him but they couldn't agree on a deal, so CFG did him a favor by taking him and loaning him to Boro. But cook false narrative.

Remember, this team is ASHAMED to be playing in your state.
Blood Money FC.

I love how these people that are suffering are nothing more than pawns in your football banter.

Like I said, if Red Bulls do well, great. I think MLS could really use a boost around here. I am not gonna waste my time wishing them nothing but failures. Which is stupid.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Orlando is so bad. Kreis needs to go soon, I don't think a managerial change would matter but the board needs to show the fans they're at least trying to do something. Always signing these unknowns from all over the world who are ok but making way too much money and not good enough to get us into the playoffs. We have nothing in the system for youth to get excited about. The only positive is that it's easier to find parking by the stadium and cheaper tickets since we suck.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Orlando is so bad. Kreis needs to go soon, I don't think a managerial change would matter but the board needs to show the fans they're at least trying to do something. Always signing these unknowns from all over the world who are ok but making way too much money and not good enough to get us into the playoffs. We have nothing in the system for youth to get excited about. The only positive is that it's easier to find parking by the stadium and cheaper tickets since we suck.
They may be the worst team in the league. Granted Spector getting hurt didn't help but my God are they a tire fire in their own end. Their backline absolutely cannot handle any pressure put on them. God help them when they play us with our press because that could get real ugly real quick.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
They may be the worst team in the league. Granted Spector getting hurt didn't help but my God are they a tire fire in their own end. Their backline absolutely cannot handle any pressure put on them. God help them when they play us with our press because that could get real ugly real quick.

Kreis was brought in to fix the defense but it's worse than when Heath was here. NIW we can't even score either. I know we are missing Dwyer and this was Klejstans first game but this team doesn't threaten anybody. I can't see them challenging for the playoffs and that's not going to go over well with the fans which it already has as the crowds have been going down since the first year in the MLS.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Rivas just put on a tour de force of crap in that first half in Sandy. We're talking about Dominic Oduro in 2009 level terrible.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Rivas just put on a tour de force of crap in that first half in Sandy. We're talking about Dominic Oduro in 2009 level terrible.

Don't miss him at all. He'll show a glimpse of something every few games but for the most part just kills any offense once he gets the ball. Prepare for tons of shots into the 20th row.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Question : why of all places this is where DC United decided to have their home games?? I mean I know the DC area pretty okayish and you mean to tell me there isn't a stadium with more capactiy that could host a very few home games in Baltimore for instance?

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I can't decide whether you actually using that in an argument is so funny that it's sad or so sad that it's funny.
It’s not an argument. If you point how and rightful to condemn CFG for sure, the slavery in UAE just to insult NYCFC fans but don’t give a shit otherwise that is pretty f***ed up. You don’t actually give a damn about these people. It’s childish and just insulting to people who are actually suffering. If you think it’s wrong then don’t just bring it up as football banter.

I don’t believe in using serious issues merely as an insult but you do you. I don’t give a damn if you are a RB supporter. This is beyond soccer.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Disgraceful refereeing yesterday in the Montreal-Toronto game, the fat pig in the middle didn't even let the replays correct his many mistakes. This league will never be taken seriously until they can correct this.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I DON'T KNOW HOW TO PROCESS THIS

hbXF4bK.png

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
It’s not an argument. If you point how and rightful to condemn CFG for sure, the slavery in UAE just to insult NYCFC fans but don’t give a **** otherwise that is pretty ****ed up. You don’t actually give a damn about these people. It’s childish and just insulting to people who are actually suffering. If you think it’s wrong then don’t just bring it up as football banter.

I don’t believe in using serious issues merely as an insult but you do you. I don’t give a damn if you are a RB supporter. This is beyond soccer.
I do bring it up because I DO give a f*** and the fact that those creeps are basically using sport as a PR offensive for their sick diseased human rights sewer masquerading as a nation angers me greatly. I've said the same exact thing about PSG elsewhere and they play in a league I don't care about at all.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I do bring it up because I DO give a **** and the fact that those creeps are basically using sport as a PR offensive for their sick diseased human rights sewer masquerading as a nation angers me greatly. I've said the same exact thing about PSG elsewhere and they play in a league I don't care about at all.
So what have you done to help? Do you discuss this on politics board? Do you protest in front of UAE embassy? Do you boycott MLS which enabled CFG to buy a team?

Right. Words are cheap pal.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
So what have you done to help? Do you discuss this on politics board? Do you protest in front of UAE embassy? Do you boycott MLS which enabled CFG to buy a team?

Right. Words are cheap pal.
Your attempt at rhetorical jiu jitsu is just so ridiculous. For starters I won't go on the politics board here because it's an even bigger sewer than the main hockey forum. And it should be noted many supporters publicly objected to MLS working with CFG and the press was mysteriously silent on the issue. The fact that the league hasn't publicly taken more heat over this is a testament to the fact that the media can be bought.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Your attempt at rhetorical jiu jitsu is just so ridiculous. For starters I won't go on the politics board here because it's an even bigger sewer than the main hockey forum. And it should be noted many supporters publicly objected to MLS working with CFG and the press was mysteriously silent on the issue. The fact that the league hasn't publicly taken more heat over this is a testament to the fact that the media can be bought.
Have you done ANYTHING to highlight the plights of those people though? Aside from taking pot shots at NYCFC. And define many. Most people didn't know or didn't care, if we are going to be honest.

Again, words are cheap.

You don't give a damn, stop with your pseudo morality.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Have you done ANYTHING to highlight the plights of those people though?
Taking public shots at CFG for what they are is the very definition of highlighting the plight of the people they are abusing. When we do that we are bringing attention to the situation.

Oh, and another point: if say the Quataris bought us tomorrow I would be done with the team until they were sold to someone else, and so would the entire ESC.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Taking public shots at CFG for what they are is the very definition of highlighting the plight of the people they are abusing. When we do that we are bringing attention to the situation.

Oh, and another point: if say the Quataris bought us tomorrow I would be done with the team until they were sold to someone else, and so would the entire ESC.
yea, no. Not if you are just using it to bash NYCFC fans for your own amusement.

If you are so morally offended (which is BS) then you should be boycotting this entire f***ing sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->