MLS Thread: Enter Zlatan

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Ottawa went from a 30k stadium to a 24k stadium, the same for Hamilton. Edmonton went from 40k average 10 years ago to probably under 30k now. Calgary never sells out and Winnipeg this year had many games with 10 000 empty seats. Montreal is in danger and for many years now have trouble getting 20k in a perfect downtown setting. The league is in a huge decline. Just look at the Grey Cups attendances for the last few years.

Ottawa had 50k in 2004 and barely 36k this year.
Toronto went from 53K to 31k last year.
Re: that last part: they took place in smaller stadiums. They easily could've done those bigger numbers in big stadiums. Hamilton and Ottawa both used to struggle to draw (Ottawa even folded before they came back with the RedBlacks, Hamilton came very close to doing likewise), Montreal drew before the team completely imploded into a sea of shit the past few years.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
LAFC’s expansion draft is today. Who’s getting picked?

My guess:
Asad or Ibarra, Alonso, Williams, Watson, and Lade

Other names to watch: Shelton, Powers, Gleeson/Attinella, Olum, Yura, Pelosi, Alfaro, Abdul-Salem, Laba, Techera, Shea

Here’s a list of the exposed players:
2017 MLS Expansion Draft protected and unprotected lists
Supposedly LAFC wants to trade them all for Garner bucks.

Savant rule #1 of expansion draft is not to use an international slot.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Supposedly LAFC wants to trade them all for Garner bucks.

Savant rule #1 of expansion draft is not to use an international slot.
For the most part I agree but Asad is so good. Would look great with Vela who I’m assuming will be playing up top rather than out wide.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Raittala? How the who the what the? Williams was right there, and instead they used an international slot on his backup of the same age?

What The Actual ****.

EDIT: Well, I guess I shouldn't complain. I mean, that means we don't lose a starter. But... seriously, WTF.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Yeah, Williams plays that too, though. So... I don't get it.
Well this is why:

Edwards and Raittala traded to MTL for Ciman.

Wow though. A Zimmerman-Ciman pairing could be absolutely amazing.

Also looks like they are getting Diego Rossi from Penarol. How many forwards do they need? Vela, Urena, Blessing and now Rossi. They still have no midfield.

Last edited:

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Walker-Zimmerman and Ciman pairing vs Steres and Romney/Ciani. Galaxy better make some damn moves with the extra TAM or else we're going to get destroyed in their first season.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Disappointed to see Blessing leave, the guy just loves life and is fun to watch. Not necessarily a huge loss, just a fun guy to watch play.

SKC are close to signing Yohan Croizet to a DP contract. He'll be the eventual replacement for Benny in the #10 role. SKC are looking to sign a total of 3 DP's.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
We are going to trade Sascha and use the money to bring in garbage from Austria or one of the Scandinavian leagues to replace him. Yay.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So I start seeing these rumors of Ola Kamara possibly being sent to the Galaxy, and I think "oh, great, yeah, that'd be a real smart move, trading away the only guy that can finish".

Then I'm glancing on Twitter looking for trade info because some jerkass posted a fake RoR trade "confirmation", and I see "Crew has acquired [name lost in blur] from the LA Galaxy!"

Panic sets in... until I notice it's a minor trade of a fourth round SuperDraft pick for a depth goaltender.

...this Precourt madness has left me entirely too jumpy w/r/t anything and everything to do with this team.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Nagbe is going to Atlanta

I think Barco going to Atlanta is bigger than Nagbe. I guess it shows just how much pull Tata Martino really has. The attacking options that he has is ridiculous. Villalba, Asad, Almiron, Martinez, and now Nagbe and Barco.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

I think Barco going to Atlanta is bigger than Nagbe. I guess it shows just how much pull Tata Martino really has. The attacking options that he has is ridiculous. Villalba, Asad, Almiron, Martinez, and now Nagbe and Barco.

So how do they play now? 442? 352?

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008

Easily bigger. But I think Asad is done in ATL. Still haven't picked up his option, and rumor has it, his dad will become coach of the team he is on loan from. Still wouldn't be shocked if Almiron moved this winter as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->