Revs/MLS/Soccer MLS - NE Revolution / US National Team - Revs clinch playoff spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
The thing about Atlanta is the Falcons decided to so something that our beloved Papa Jacobs must have nightmares about - they drastically lowered concession prices at the new stadium.

DEeRQIXXgAECtHS.jpg

$5 for a stadium beer????
The State of Georgia gave Blank something like a Billion Dollars in public financing. $5 beers is the very least he could do.

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
Due respect to Jay Heaps, the guy is a Revs legend and has spent a good portion of his adult life either playing or coaching in Foxborough.

That said, he was never a very good coach. Harsh, but fair. It was time the Revs moved on.

There's already talk of potentially getting Steve Ralston, or even Shalrie Joseph for the job. I'm not sure I would go the way of giving the HC position to another club legend with no HC experience.

The Revs have always had potential, and they will continue to, but they will never be close to relevant as the Krafts' tax shelter. They will never compete without a SSS in or near Boston, and that's always just out of reach.

As good an owner as the Krafts are in the NFL (arguably the best), they are the opposite in MLS (arguably the worst). I'd love to see the Revs sold to someone who could and would make them their priority, and get them the things they deserve, like true quality, recognizable Designated Players and their own stadium.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
The Revs have always had potential, and they will continue to, but they will never be close to relevant as the Krafts' tax shelter. They will never compete without a SSS in or near Boston, and that's always just out of reach.

How exactly would you define "compete"? They've made the MLS Cup Finals 5 out of the last 15 years. Only the Galaxy have made more in that time.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Due respect to Jay Heaps, the guy is a Revs legend and has spent a good portion of his adult life either playing or coaching in Foxborough.

That said, he was never a very good coach. Harsh, but fair. It was time the Revs moved on.

There's already talk of potentially getting Steve Ralston, or even Shalrie Joseph for the job. I'm not sure I would go the way of giving the HC position to another club legend with no HC experience.

As good an owner as the Krafts are in the NFL (arguably the best), they are the opposite in MLS (arguably the worst). I'd love to see the Revs sold to someone who could and would make them their priority, and get them the things they deserve, like true quality, recognizable Designated Players and their own stadium.

The Revolution will probably never leave Foxborough.

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
The Revolution will probably never leave Foxborough.

As long as they are owned by the Krafts, I agree. They wouldn't exist if they couldn't play at Gillette rent-free.

I hold out hope that they will be sold to someone who gives a **** about them, and whomever that may be can try to get them a SSS they deserve, close to or in Boston.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I get beIN SPORTS because I watch a ton of La Liga games. Added bonus for me to get this one.

Hardly a newsflash but Christian Pulisic is unreal. Living up to the hype so far.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Unbelievable. They have regressed.

Fire Klins... oh wait. nevermind.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Gonzalez is lucky he plays for the US. If he played for a South American country, he probably doesn't wake up this morning.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The only thing I can compare this debacle to is the last night of the 2011 baseball season.

Fire everybody

695px-2018_world_cup_qualification.PNG

upload_2017-10-11_20-3-47.png

How the United States Missed the World Cup, Minute by Minute

Just win the game. Win the game against Trinidad and Tobago on Tuesday, the United States national team knew, and nothing else would matter.

But the Americans didn’t win. Over 90 excruciating minutes, and then a half-dozen more in extra time, it all went very, very wrong. Even a tie would have been enough for the Americans. Even with a loss, they still might have been all right, depending on other results. But those went wrong, too.

And so the United States is not going to the World Cup in Russia next summer, but Panama is, and Honduras might. “It was a perfect storm kind of a night, where everything that could have possibly went wrong did, in this stadium and two others,” Michael Bradley, the American captain, said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad