OT: MLB Thread - Part XIX: Yankees Hire Boone. Joe Buck Still Unenthused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I like that Stanton is working on his contact hitting this spring. Trying to smash that right field wall.

He can go deep any time he wants so this would be a nice add to his toolbox.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'm happy to see Nimmo hitting the cover off the ball. If he's putting it together and becoming the guy we thought he could be when he was drafted that's huge. Would also mean Bruce plays 1B when Conforto comes back if Nimmo is hitting. Then you could conceivably move Smith and literally put Gonzalez in a large trash can.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Question Yankee fans. You guys like Michael Kay lol?
I used to absolutely despise his play-by-play. Still not a huge fan but he has gotten better. I love his radio show. I think that has helped me changed my view of him. Before that he seemed like some little kiss ass weasel with lame play calls like “pretty play.”

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Michael Kay is Ranch Wilder from Angels in the Outfield. He even looks like him. Guy’s a total clown who’s in love with himself.

Reactions: nyrleetch

darko

Feb 16, 2009
The effort Stanton puts into his swing and the sound it makes just don't match.

Scary dude.

When you got legit 80 power all you need to do is put barrel on the ball and any decent contact and you'll muscle it over the fence.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

I think the Phillies are gonna finish ahead of the Mets this year. Like the pieces they got from free agency.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

Walker could play 1st, 2nd or 3rd. Not sure how well he can man 3rd at this point, but he's a good pickup. Has Torres disappointed in spring so far?

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Gardner
Judge
Stanton
Sanchez
Didi
Bird
Hicks
Walker
Drury

might not be the exact order, but HOLY ****

As good as that lineup is, I'm still not entirely sold on Bird and Hicks. It could POTENTIALLY be the best in baseball, but if those two can't find consistency it will throw everything off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->