OT: MLB Thread - Part XIX: Yankees Hire Boone. Joe Buck Still Unenthused

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Yankees are still in the market for a SP, most likely via trade, someone like Cole/etc. Pirates are reportedly asking for Torres tho (no chance).

Also, I'm guessing bringing CC back means they don't have the space to add Frazier so it looks to be Torres, Wade, Andujar, Torreyes, battling for 2nd/3rd?

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Yankees are still in the market for a SP, most likely via trade, someone like Cole/etc. Pirates are reportedly asking for Torres tho (no chance).

Also, I'm guessing bringing CC back means they don't have the space to add Frazier so it looks to be Torres, Wade, Andujar, Torreyes, battling for 2nd/3rd?
I may be in the minority, but I'd hold off on acquiring another starter for now. See how the current rotation performs and add to it at the TDD if needed.

What would they do if they do acquire Cole right now? Move Monty to the pen? 6 man rotation?

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I may be in the minority, but I'd hold off on acquiring another starter for now. See how the current rotation performs and add to it at the TDD if needed.

What would they do if they do acquire Cole right now? Move Monty to the pen? 6 man rotation?

rumor is quasi 6 man rotation giving more rest to CC than anyone else, and also protection for Tanaka's elbow and CC's knee

Reactions: All Might

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Active players (spot trac) - 122M
retained players (Headley/Mccann) - 6M
benefits - 14M
arbitration estimates (per MLB trade rumors) - 28M
rest of 40 man/call ups - estimated 7M
Total = 177M

20M below 197 threshold if these estimates are accurate.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

They could always keep him in AAA until someone gets hurt/sucks.

The extra depth is a good thing.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Sorry Pirates, there's a major difference between being desperate and aggressive. Oakland couldn't get Torres or Frazier for Gray, be happy with a package headlined by Frazier and stop wasting everyone's time on pipe dreams.

Think the secondary pieces is the real holdup right now.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
My team started the season 2-22 in Road to the Show. My dad walks in and hes like "hey your WAR is almost 2 and you won 2 games, so...." :laugh:

Then I got hit in the face with a line drive and got a concussion. They gave me an error :(

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Sorry Pirates, there's a major difference between being desperate and aggressive. Oakland couldn't get Torres or Frazier for Gray, be happy with a package headlined by Frazier and stop wasting everyone's time on pipe dreams.

Think the secondary pieces is the real holdup right now.

Cole is better than Gray.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
My team started the season 2-22 in Road to the Show. My dad walks in and hes like "hey your WAR is almost 2 and you won 2 games, so...." :laugh:

Then I got hit in the face with a line drive and got a concussion. They gave me an error :(

f*** man i read this as "my old man hit me in the face and gave me a concussion".

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Cole is better than Gray.

If he is, it's not by much and Gray was actually pitching in the American League. Both had outstanding 2015's. with Gray also having a very good 2014. Both have struggled with injuries since. Have no problem with Frazier being included in a package regardless.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
True.

Frazier is also better than anything the Yankees gave up for Gray (Plus, they won't have Cole for 3 playoff runs as they will with Gray if they want.)

Still think Frazier+Adams+ a few smaller pieces is fair.

I'd do Frazier + Adams + lesser piece in a heartbeat.

Severino/Tanaka/Cole/Gray/CC is very very good.

Reactions: 2Leetch_94

darko

Feb 16, 2009
One thing that worries me about 2018 Yankees is that they'll be playing with expectations. Last season they had none. Playing with expectations can be a bitch.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
What happens with Montgomery though? He was 2nd in bWar and fWar among our starters last year.

Gray and Tanaka both had down years so normally that would have been 4th.

His xFIP outperformed his ERA by almost a whole run. He's probably gonna regress honestly.

His xfip was a ridiculous 4.45 so he's bound to regress actually. Sevy/Tanaka/Cole/Gray are easily better than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad