OT: MLB Thread - Part XIX: Yankees Hire Boone. Joe Buck Still Unenthused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Jake is #ELITE and amazing and handsome and always gets a text back.

Everyone else

giphy.gif

Reactions: Machinehead

darko

Feb 16, 2009
How the **** is this on Romine? So what a ball got by...HE CANT HOLD A ****ING RUNNER ON.

3 SB in one ****ing inning. That is little league ****

Yeah a runner that shouldn't be on in 1st place if not for Romine.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
My god this is just brutally bad...it hurts to read it...

It happens, runners get on. The fact is he cant f***ing hold guys on. A guy getting to 1B turns into a triple. Its pathetic

darko

Feb 16, 2009
My god this is just brutally bad...it hurts to read it...

It happens, runners get on. The fact is he cant ****ing hold guys on. A guy getting to 1B turns into a triple. Its pathetic

You have a point but the runner you are bitching about was out. Betances got him and Romine f***ed it up.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey

Doesn't change the fact anytime a runner gets on base with Betances it becomes a merry-go-round out there. It's really ridiculous at this point.

On the bright side, at least Green and Chapman will be well rested, so when they're off in their next outing we can use the "they haven't pitched in a while" excuse.

Reactions: RGY

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
There was simply no reason to go with Shreve in the 6th. There wasnt. He isnt good and you have way better options to get you from the 6th to the 9th to hold a 5 run lead

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Bad loss.it's obvious we need Tommy and Warren back badly.2 quality arms we could have used tonight.I didn't like Boones decision making in the 8th.Why get up Green mid inning and not have him in to start the inning when Delin sucks in 2nd innings of work?

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
There was simply no reason to go with Shreve in the 6th. There wasnt. He isnt good and you have way better options to get you from the 6th to the 9th to hold a 5 run lead
He went to Shreve because 2 of the 1st 3 batters of the inning were lefties.Unfortunately he didn't get both out.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
It was a 10-5 game. Had Boone brought in Betances/Robertson/Green/Chapman people would be bashing him for bringing in the big guns with a 5 run lead. Damned if you do damned if you don't.
They have a game off tomorrow. The big issue was not having anyone warming up while Robertson was shiting the bed.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
We weren't going to win every series and we weren't going to go the entire year without embarrassing ourselves against a bad team again. Such is life when you play 162 games.

There's holes, but we will fix them.

Yup that's baseball. Top teams win about 100 games. That means you lose 62 times and are still considered to be very good. That's why I don't understand why people get upset about each losses. That's a lot days to be upset lol.

bumrusherer

Nov 17, 2007
Yup that's baseball. Top teams win about 100 games. That means you lose 62 times and are still considered to be very good. That's why I don't understand why people get upset about each losses. That's a lot days to be upset lol.
Was it always this way? I don't remember people being so wound tightly back in the 2000's...even after the 2004 collapse.
But these days, its like NFL reactions whenever we lose a game.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Was it always this way? I don't remember people being so wound tightly back in the 2000's...even after the 2004 collapse.
But these days, its like NFL reactions whenever we lose a game.
Or its just a natural to react like this for the many factors that include the following:

• Boone mismanaged the bullpen, bringing in the wrong guys
  • The team scored 10 runs...it should have been more than enough to beat one of the worst teams in the league
  • We are in as tight of a division race that here has been in the history of the yankees/red sox...cant give games away.
  • Because the wild card game exists, it does make these games more meaningful than they were in the past
  • But also winning the division is important because you do not want to match up against Houston in the 1st round regardless

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Or its just a natural to react like this for the many factors that include the following:

• Boone mismanaged the bullpen, bringing in the wrong guys
  • The team scored 10 runs...it should have been more than enough to beat one of the worst teams in the league
  • We are in as tight of a division race that here has been in the history of the yankees/red sox...cant give games away.
  • Because the wild card game exists, it does make these games more meaningful than they were in the past
  • But also winning the division is important because you do not want to match up against Houston in the 1st round regardless
Wildcard game winner will play the team with the best record. The winner of the AL East could end up having a better record than Houston.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I'm not a Boone fan, you guys know that, but we're getting racked up again by a team with a .680 OPS. No excuse. The Rangers are an offensive black hole.

Boone is a manager, not a pitcher.

Thats true, but he went full Queen Valkyrie on the Yankees yesterday and nuked any chance they had of winning.

Side note, I finally beat that bitch yesterday, holy shit.

Reactions: Machinehead

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
He doesnt suck,but i dont feel like doing this dance again.
Yea because a career 3.63 ERA with less than impressive stuff and in a limited amount of innings qualifies him as a good reliever. He walks too many batters and sucks against good hitters. He is used mostly against the bottom of the order and still has trouble getting batters out. He is trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->