OT: MLB Thread - Part XIX: Yankees Hire Boone. Joe Buck Still Unenthused

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
All the big guns had yesterday off with an off day tomorrow. Why the hell are they not coming in right now?

Cool, bring in Robertson to clean up Shreve's mess because that's worked so well this season instead of just giving him a clean slate to start with.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Great job Boone. Just had to dick around with leaving CC in too long and then bringing Shreve in when you had your four best relievers rested. Pure garbage.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Can't blame this one on Boone. This bullpen is rotten ass.

I can easily blame this on Boone. You put in Robertson who's struggled coming in with runners on base to clean up Shreve's mess when your top 4 relievers were ready to go. He got too cute leaving CC in after he blew the 4-0 lead and well on his way to blowing the 10-5 lead and he just had to keep dicking around by trying to squeeze Shreve in for no reason. Terrible job and very predictable. Robertson needs to get his head removed from his rear end but Boone isn't doing him any favors.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Yankees' pitching staff is f***ing shameful. CC needs to become middle relief, D-Rob has been legitimately bad this season, and Shreve is off for whatever reason. Green hasn't been himself either. With CC and Tanaka in the rotation, it's always an adventure with them. Don't forget Sonny. Severino is the only consistent starter we have. I'm going to be very sad if we lose this game.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Is Familia f***ing serious.

The Caps are going to win the Cup this year and then I'm officially the biggest loser on the face of the earth as a post 94 Rangers Jets Mets fan

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
He hasn't had a single pitcher on his staff getting outs tonight
HE BROUGHT IN THE WRONG GUYS.

Cmon now youre better than that. What did Boone expect with guys like Holder and Shreve? There was no feel for the game. You saw how this was going with CC pitching like a batting practice machine. So the next thought was ‘f*** it lets experiment with lesser arms.’ Just awful managing. Awful. Go win the f***ing game with your best arms.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Yankees' pitching staff is ****ing shameful. CC needs to become middle relief, D-Rob has been legitimately bad this season, and Shreve is off for whatever reason. Green hasn't been himself either. With CC and Tanaka in the rotation, it's always an adventure with them. Don't forget Sonny. Severino is the only consistent starter we have. I'm going to be very sad if we lose this game.

Green's been lights out. Not sure which pitcher you are watching.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
HE BROUGHT IN THE WRONG GUYS.

Cmon now youre better than that. What did Boone expect with guys like Holder and Shreve? There was no feel for the game. You saw how this was going with CC pitching like a batting practice machine. So the next thought was ‘**** it lets experiment with lesser arms.’ Just awful managing. Awful. Go win the ****ing game with your best arms.

He went to one of his "best guys" and he was a disaster, as per usual this year.

Who did you want him to go to?

Reactions: Bozle

darko

Feb 16, 2009
It was a 10-5 game. Had Boone brought in Betances/Robertson/Green/Chapman people would be bashing him for bringing in the big guns with a 5 run lead. Damned if you do damned if you don't.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
It was a 10-5 game. Had Boone brought in Betances/Robertson/Green/Chapman people would be bashing him for bringing in the big guns with a 5 run lead. Damned if you do damned if you don't.

Not when they had yesterday off and no game tomorrow. It's not a second guess either, I said it before it all exploded. Rangers offense had been just as effective as the Yankees this series, Yankees needed to shut it down.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm not a Boone fan, you guys know that, but we're getting racked up again by a team with a .680 OPS. No excuse. The Rangers are an offensive black hole.

Boone is a manager, not a pitcher.

Reactions: Bozle

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
He went to one of his "best guys" and he was a disaster, as per usual this year.

Who did you want him to go to?
He went to Shreve first. Shreve should not have been in that game.

This is a very simple decision:

Betances-6th
Robertson-7th
Green-8th
Chapman-9th

How many more times do you want me to outline it? Shreve was the mistake. He is a garbage reliever. Garbage lefty.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
It was only a 5 run game with a day off tomorrow. You are in a division race. I can live with losing a game with those guys. Not f***ing Shreve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad