MLB The Show 18

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'm about to play it. I know you guys hate me so much right now, haha.

Edit: I forgot that you have to install it, and they make you start a demo game. I finished the demo game a little bit after it finished installing. Now, actually time to play!

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008

Edit: I forgot that you have to install it, and they make you start a demo game. I finished the demo game a little bit after it finished installing. Now, actually time to play!
All that was pre installed. When I woke at 7 I went straight into the menu and franchise.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Didn’t really get anything from any of my packs worthwhile but that’s fine. Wanted to get the jump on building collections and investing but people are paying way high on things right now so just selling everything off I get ha

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Didn’t really get anything from any of my packs worthwhile but that’s fine. Wanted to get the jump on building collections and investing but people are paying way high on things right now so just selling everything off I get ha
Haha pretty much exactly the same for me. I've just been working the market. I did get Anthony Rendon as my returning user reward, and I pulled Alex Wood, Tommy Pham, and Rich Hill from packs(preorder and ones I bought while playing the market). I probably won't get into a game until Sunday because playing the market is just too lucrative right now.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010

I did the same thing. I called in sick today (i actually am). Put on a pot of coffee. Turned on the ps4. And now its installing....for how long..may aswell be a week hah.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Urrggh. I think I'm going to crack and say f*** it to waiting until Tuesday to save the $20.

I was hoping Sea of Thieves would keep me interested for a few days, but no dice.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Oh, hell ya!

Instead of going to the pre-order screen, the game actually goes into your "cart" now, so you can use the 20% off code to buy the game.

$64 Canadian with it. Not bad.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Either this digital copy is bugged, or my ps4 is slow. Its been nearly 3 hrs of installing.... There is more than enough space on hd.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Never mind, I got it.

Alcides Escobar hit a ground ball up the middle. My center fielder overran it, and it went all the way to the wall. I allowed an inside the park home run on a ground ball.

Reactions: Nickmo82

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
I was going to snag me a 20% off code by watching the video and use it to purchase MLB but they are sadly out of codes :'(

Reactions: G F O P

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I've started getting in the habit of holding left on the stick whenever I'm on base because I swear half my caught stealings are from when they throw over and I'm not paying attention haha.

I've also got some hilarious randomly generated names in my RTTS. Cecil Lyon(remember Cecil the lion?), Tommy Chang(where's Cheech?) and JJ Watt(apparently he's also a good pitcher).

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
So I was drafted in the 23rd round and made the jump from AA to MLB by May.

Might be because the Orioles' best 3B is 61 overall on the live roster haha.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
So... I still suck at this game. I lost 6-2 against the CPU on rookie. That comes a game after I had a grand total of two hits on veteran.
Use guess pitch(it might be turned off in your settings by default, turn that on. ) I think quadrant is the easiest to use. If you guess the pitch and location correctly the quadrant will light up, your controller will vibrate, and you’ll get a ratings boost for that pitch. Not only that, but you’ll know what pitch is coming so timing it will be easier. I always start by guessing high fastball and I take pitches until I have two strikes or I get a high fastball in my zone. This leads to some walks too which are pretty tough to draw in this game, especially on lower difficulty when pitchers throw more strikes. You’ll get the hang of it soon enough. If you really want to make it easy on yourself, turn off the plate coverage indicator. Then all you need to do is time the pitch correctly to hit it hard.

For pitching use real baseball tactics. High fastball followed by low change up works wonders. High and inside fastball works well as a strikeout pitch against the computer. If they hit it they’ll break their bat or hit a weak fly ball. A cutter running in on a batter works well too, though I don’t have as much success with it running away from a hitter.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
SS, Drafted 25th round (as a primarily hockey fan, I had no idea drafts went so deep in MLB) by the Blue Jays.

Been enjoying the stupid names AA teams have. The Rubberducks... really?

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Played my first online game last night and it was terrible. I won 9-7. Only had 7 hits and 8 of the runs came in off of homeruns. But was really bad was that 6 of his 7 runs came off of errors of one kind or the other. Encarnasion dropped an easy pop fly in the infield with 2 outs then the next batter hit a 2 run home run. Twice a ball one hopped over my outfielders head when he when to catch the ball, allowing 3 runs to score including an in the park home run. And the 6th run was allowed to score after my third baseman threw wide on a 2 out ground ball. The 1 run he should have actually earn was a solo homerun in the 3rd inning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad