MLB The Show 18

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I heard that microtransactions has nearly been removed from Road to the Show. Nice.

I will get it. When is the question.

That part does make me almost want to try this and just go nuts in that mode this year.

I don't think I've played as a non-Pirate since the Sega Saturn days (one of the World Series games let you build the '98 expansion teams, so I always did that).

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I like the idea of adjusting the rating of your attributes to a level that's a little more realistic.
2017's version of the game/RTTS had the biggest learning curve for me. That said, as soon as I got into my 5th-6th season, it was pretty easy.
Mash away and steal bags. (yes I increased difficulty level).
What I LOVED the most, was the defense gameplay. Aswell as the graphics which gets a bump every year.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Might have to pick this up this year. I haven't put a lot of time into a baseball game since The Show 14 or 15, I think.

Absolutely worth it, the steps up from 14 and 15 to now is worth it. Two years difference in the Show is what EA will accomplish in an entire lifecycle of one sports franchise from generation to generation.

Actually that's underselling it because NHL hasn't even scratched the surface of what MLB offers in these games.

Although, The Show has taken a page out of EA's book and removed online franchise this year. The idea is to make sure they have no server issues like they had last year and they'll add it back in once they get that perfected, unlike EA and NHL I actually believe they will.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Absolutely worth it, the steps up from 14 and 15 to now is worth it. Two years difference in the Show is what EA will accomplish in an entire lifecycle of one sports franchise from generation to generation.

Actually that's underselling it because NHL hasn't even scratched the surface of what MLB offers in these games.

Although, The Show has taken a page out of EA's book and removed online franchise this year. The idea is to make sure they have no server issues like they had last year and they'll add it back in once they get that perfected, unlike EA and NHL I actually believe they will.
Can you link me where they said they will add in Online Franchise after they perfect the server issues?

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Oh yeah looking back I realize I worded it poorly, didn’t mean they intended to bring it back this year. Just the reason for removal is for server issues this year and then they’ll look at it returning in later years.

My bad.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Regardless, I'm still super excited for it. SDS seems to be taking the right approach with their game and I don't mind fully supporting it.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I doubt it. The guy at GameStop actually told me that they might cancel the early release and release it on the 27th. I'm not seeing that anywhere on the internet, though. :dunno:

I guess I'll call them on the 22nd.
It prob depends on the Gamestop location. I didn't want to hassle with it so I pre ordered through PSN. Plus you get an additional bonus if you do that as well so thats a plus.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Pretty disappointed with what they released for changes in Franchise....which is basically nothing. Changed the skin and other surface level stuff. Years now where they really haven't actually added anything to the mode. Scouting and drafting has needed a complete overhaul for years now.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
I’ve read somewhere they are working on game modes in cycles of 3 years as their major focus and add on small improvements in others during that time, Diamond Dynasty is in the 3rd year of its cycle and if you look back over 3 it’s made major leaps and bounds.
I would assume RTTS is starting it’s first year of major development now. Not that they don’t work on small improvements to modes during that time but I wouldn’t guess to see any groundbreaking changes to franchise mode for another 2 years.

Of course that could all be people on Reddit or wherever I’m recycling this from being conjecture but looking over the years it makes sense.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Mine just started about an hour ago. God I don’t want to go to work Friday.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Mine just started about an hour ago. God I don’t want to go to work Friday.

Mine is finished now, but i had to actually click the download button to start mine. I don't want to go to work but they have made Friday the one day that it is simply impossible for me to miss.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Downloaded, installed, waiting on this countdown timer will be the hardest part. And busy all weekend but I’ll be jamming in whatever time I can.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Not sure if it downloaded correctly or not. It downloaded just under 8 gb's but apparently ppl are saying they got another download after that that was over 30 gb's. Ill take a look at it when I get home

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
My download bar said 44gb iirc, but that is probably before the install. I know I asked this last year, but are people interested in doing a fun tournament in DD or regular online mode?

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Downloaded, installed, waiting on this countdown timer will be the hardest part. And busy all weekend but I’ll be jamming in whatever time I can.

ecf.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->