MLB off-season News & Notes thread (Phils sign Kingery to 6 year deal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't laureano ranked pretty high among astros prospects heading into last season? seems like a bad 2017 season really made his value sink. good pickup for the A's

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Ok...I've been living under a rock. What did the braves do exactly?

They funnelled and laundered additional signing bonuses through other players who were exempt from the international pool money in an effort to procure those who were subject to pool money.

So essentially, they payed extra Signing Bonus to Player A (exempt from pool money) while that extra money actually went to Player B under the table circumventing the international cap.

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't laureano ranked pretty high among astros prospects heading into last season? seems like a bad 2017 season really made his value sink. good pickup for the A's

Was great in '16. Stunk in '17. Worth the low buy on, for sure.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
aint shit finna happen til the Otani sweepstakes are over

ofcourse minor league and minor transactions will happen but nothing major will pop off until Otani's destination is confirmed.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Not too sure about that. They have so many young players it'd be hard for him to break in. Might want another team where theres a better chance of making the roster.

He'll take a bench role just so that he gets to play in dynasty.

1976len

Aug 16, 2017
"The MLB Hot Stove is taking a little longer to heat up than usual this season (with no offense to Mariners fans who have seen their team trade for Ryon Healy and smartly re-sign Hisashi Iwakuma to a Minor League deal). This time last year we already had the Yankees trade of Brian McCann to the Astros, “big sexy” Bartolo Colon signing with the Atlanta Braves, and the Mariners trade of Taijuan Walker and Ketel Marte to the Arizona Diamondbacks for Jean Segura and others. Sports fans were treated to one of the most entertaining NBA off-seasons in recent history. There are three similarities between the exciting NBA off-season that was and the MLB Hot Stove that will fire up sooner than later."

Do Not Fret, The MLB Hot Stove Will Heat Up! -

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Abreu would be a good pickup for any team, really. Could go to a team that decides Stanton will cost to much to trade for.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Would make sense for Boston to go after him since they saw this past year how the line-up performed without a 'Big Papi' type power bat in the lineup. Given that 1B has been uncertain for them it would be a good fit. Who do the Red Sox have to trade though? Prospect cupboard is fairly bare at this point, no? would have to think Groome would need to be in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->