MLB off-season News & Notes thread (Phils sign Kingery to 6 year deal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I wonder if Loaiza ever got US Citizenship

If not he will face not only prison but possible deportation and ban from US

Still remember that 2003 campaign from him as great and such an unexpected run. Started of 2004 strong making Allstar team again but was fading badly heading into game. Kenny Williams smartly saw it was time to move on and brought in the much maligned Contreras from NY (Yankee fans celebrated when we acquired him)

Contreras was our ace in 2005 run and a horse in playoffs

One of the great trades in White Sox history even if Contreras age/injuries curtailed his effectiveness after 2005

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Can't even call this **** a war. Wars end.
dude this isn't the place for politics, if you want to go there I will tell you that everyone who is advocating to stop prosecuting drug crimes is the definition of naive. Drug "War" is just a stupid catch phrase used by law enforcement but the act of tracking down drug suppliers and dealers is very much necessary

Cheese Wagstaff

Dec 11, 2017
dude this isn't the place for politics, if you want to go there I will tell you that everyone who is advocating to stop prosecuting drug crimes is the definition of naive. Drug "War" is just a stupid catch phrase used by law enforcement but the act of tracking down drug suppliers and dealers is very much necessary

Well that's just like, your opinion, man.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Uhhhh... Not sure where to put this but... Yeah... Sammy Sosa... I don't have the words here

Twitter Goes Absolutely Nuts Over Sammy Sosa’s Cowboy Photo: ‘Is That…Sammy Sosa?’ | Mediaite

What the ****?

I like Tucker probably a touch more than Robles. Tucker has middle of the order type of bat upside, a guy that will hit for both power and average. Bat speed and plate discipline. Robles has a great hit tool but lacks in power department compared to Tucker. Robles has the speed and athleticism to wreck havoc on the basepaths and play GG type defense. Robles deserves higher ranking as he's basically ML ready. I could see Tucker making the team out of ST but wouldn't be surprised if he spends half a season in AA/AAA.

Not a knock on Robles. I love both guys but taking Tucker is just a personal preference. Both great prospects.

I like Robles a little more just because he's closer to the majors, and he also will play a premium position. Tucker is no slouch, though.

Reactions: darko

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Cubs sign Shae Simmons.

Another pick up that could be great if hes over the injury bug.

Big if.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
ok so by your logic if some politician came up with the moniker "War On Pedophiles" you'd turn around and say hey a war has to end so let's stop prosecuting. Makes a whole lot of sense to me! :huh:

Dude. He was f***ing quoting The Wire. How much more obvious can I make it...?

[MOD]

And for the baseball content, Kemp for Braun. Do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So apparently Arizona's going the way of Colorado and installing a humidor. Take note if you're in Fantasy drafts, Chase Field might not be the bandbox it's been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad