MLB off-season News & Notes thread (Phils sign Kingery to 6 year deal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Nats will interview Dave Martinez on Wednesday and it doesn't sound like they interviewing anyone else

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Nats will interview Dave Martinez on Wednesday and it doesn't sound like they interviewing anyone else

Oh man Kevin Long now. I sense this will end real well for Mets fans if he ends up there. I'm inclined to think one way or the other he does. Either as manager or hitting coach. It sounds from most of the Nats fans I know that they do not expect Murphy will be signed after this year so I don't know how much leverage he really has as far as the Long endorsement

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Cubs literally in a golden age for anybody's living memory of this franchise, and Theo making major coaching moves. Team clearly not resting on laurels and wants another ring or two out of this core. Bold.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/...-during-anthem-is-arrested-on-gun-charge.html

Bruce Maxwell, the only Major League Baseball player to kneel during the national anthem this season, has been arrested on a gun charge.
The Oakland Athletics catcher allegedly pointed a gun at a female food delivery person in Scottsdale, Ariz.
Scottsdale police said officers went to Maxwell's home Saturday night after getting a call about a person with a gun. Maxwell was booked on charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and disorderly conduct.

First arrest of the off season

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Yeah, it sucks, but we were prepared for this. Just grateful that he got his 3000th MLB hit as a Marlin. Thanks for 3 great seasons in a Marlins uniform Ichiro!

I wasn't even though I'm not a Marlins fan. I thought considering he had to pinch hit almost every game, he did okay. I also thought he was a fan favorite, and $2M isn't that much for an MLB team. But anything to save a penny, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad