MLB.com Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
I signed up for the MLB.com live broadcasts of baseball games over the internet... and so far I am really pleased....

14.95 gets you almost all the games(per month) minus a few local blackouts and national blackouts....

I am a big Braves fan living in Cali....don't get alot of their games(sans TBS)... and when they are on TV, often times I am not home to watch the game and am not a big enough fan to record the games...

Hence MLB Online.... I can watch almost all the games Online Live if I like.. or catch them later.. no need for a tape....and the Quality is almost as good as TV....

I bring this up because I think the NHL should adpot a similar program..

Almost all NHL games are covered in some form or another by a TV crew...(FSN, ESPN, or NBC).....but FSN only shows local games.... and so on...

Not everyone can afford to buy a Dish and then the NHL Center Ice..(or digital cable)...plus you can pick which game you want to watch(or watch every game played each day) whenever you want really..

You also gain access to several rotating historical games....

Come on Gary,

That would be one way to make the fans happy...and draw additional revenue..

Alow us to watch ALL of our teams games..

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
Drury_Sakic said:
I signed up for the MLB.com live broadcasts of baseball games over the internet... and so far I am really pleased....

14.95 gets you almost all the games(per month) minus a few local blackouts and national blackouts....

I am a big Braves fan living in Cali....don't get alot of their games(sans TBS)... and when they are on TV, often times I am not home to watch the game and am not a big enough fan to record the games...

Hence MLB Online.... I can watch almost all the games Online Live if I like.. or catch them later.. no need for a tape....and the Quality is almost as good as TV....

I bring this up because I think the NHL should adpot a similar program..

Almost all NHL games are covered in some form or another by a TV crew...(FSN, ESPN, or NBC).....but FSN only shows local games.... and so on...

Not everyone can afford to buy a Dish and then the NHL Center Ice..(or digital cable)...plus you can pick which game you want to watch(or watch every game played each day) whenever you want really..

You also gain access to several rotating historical games....

Come on Gary,

That would be one way to make the fans happy...and draw additional revenue..

Alow us to watch ALL of our teams games..
funny you should mention that - that mlb site is one of the best sports sites out there - truly awesome - barry's giants getting kicked right now

19nazzy

Jul 14, 2003
1 thing I like that the other leagues don't have. Is the NHL.com audio. Everywhere else you have to pay for it. Its free. I love being able to listen to any game I want.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
I would trade that to be able to pay for the video...

But it would be nice if they kept the audio free..

Perhaps giving the fans the online video broadcasts for Free this season(or at least teh first half or something) would be a good way to win back fan support?

:dunno:

OilKiller

Feb 1, 2005
canadatv.invisionzone.com
Or how about they do away with this stupid "region" blackout stuff with NHL Center Ice? I was unaware of this when I first bought the Center Ice Package. An expensive $200 lesson.

As a Flames fan living in Edmonton, I should not suffer Flames blackouts at any time IMO. As it stands, because Edmonton is in the Western region, ALL Flames games are blacked out on Center Ice. By the same token, a Flames fan living in Vancouver (thus out of the Western region) can watch every single Flames game on Center Ice.

Blackouts should only apply to local teams in local areas. Like being a Flames fan living in Calgary and the Flames are playing that game IN Calgary. Then fine. Blackout that game. But other than that, I should be able to watch any Flames game here in Edmonton on Center Ice.

incawg

Mar 7, 2003
Canuckland
Visit site
I watched a manitoba moose AHL game live on the internet the other day.They had a few minor things to work out, but overall it was a good experience. I'm guessing they're doing trial runs for NHL games, so what you're looking for is probably in the works. Now that I can get Center Ice, I wouldn't bother with it, but I certainly would have *loved* to have access to something like that the past few years.

Whakahere

Jan 27, 2004
Germany
I think thez have to bring in internet games. Many people watch the NHL from europe and this would help out those fans as well. I also think that the blackouts are a bad idea. People can't afford the games anymore so internet helps keep those fans as well.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
NHL Center Ice = Best thing ever

They black out only Rangers, Devils and Isles games here..and am i complaining? Nope. I get all those teams on different channels anyway. So im not really blacked out on anything.

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
Picture Quality is a MUCH bigger issue for Hockey than it is for Baseball. I'm not sure if streaming video is ready for showing Hockey yet....

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
This may be an option in the near future... the advent of streaming internet games has been a new phenomenon, with CSTV doing the broadcasts of the Basketball tournament for the past three springs. Apparently, only this year has the quality been "good", so I dont hold it against the NHL for not broadcasting any sooner... but seriously, streaming hockey on the internet would be great for some of us who dont want to drop bucks to get the Center Ice package (as in me, who is hardly around a TV and usually studying with my computer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->