Mizral's Organizational Rankings (#1 through #10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Ruckus007 said:
He's had a pretty wide array of injuries in his short career, concussions being one of them. He had a pretty strong showing in camp and he spent about a month practicing in Rochester while the Sabres tried to hammer out an agreement with Yaroslavl to bring him over... to no avail. There's a bit of a glimmer of hope with now that wasn't there a year ago. Like I said, just a darkhorse to keep in the back of your mind.

Interesting that you chose the words "keep in the back of your mind". in a discussion about concussions.. Apparently he has suffered some pretty severe ones in his young career if I am not mistaken he even had one when he was first selected at the draft, and I made a mental note that, He was a pretty risky pick considering that, but perhaps the offensive skills made him too good to pass up, but since he has a nasty streak and plays a physical game, his chances of future concussions are increased..

KOMO_ROCKS

Feb 21, 2003
Richmond, B.C
montreal said:
How is Hossa not a prospect? He's not played 65 NHL games, and has played 90 AHL games. He fits in HF's critera for a prospect, I made a mistake in moving him off the prospects section while he was a Hab cause I misread something from the staff board. I fixed the mistake today and all is good now.

Your right I forgot Semin, I was thinking he was a RW. It is tough to compare wingers since they can move around, and no one is going to change anyones mind, but I'd take all the Habs prospects over all the Cap any day.

Well said :handclap:

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
The Messenger,

Perhaps you don't realize this, but I am not trying to have my rankings compete with anybody. They are simply my own opinions on the teams' depth chart. You seem to think that I am saying this is how it works and that's that. I'm not. I'm saying this is how I see it.

It must really burn your ass though, as I've gotten some very nice PM's about these so far, including one who actually has a job watching these players play.

Anyhow, aside from some minor issues (some folks here, in my opinion, slightly overrate Nashville and underrate Washington), I've gotten pretty good reactions from everybody except you, who seem most keen on trying to start some ****.

st_roland

The Messenger said:
That's my exact point..McKeen's is a professional organization.. There rankings are compiled by qualified people.. Who speak directly to the NHL organizations for the info, interview the players and take in hundreds of games a year, and base those rankings on a combined analysis of many people. McKeen's also releases a magazine, the same one lots of posters here use to play in Hockey pools..

Hockey futures while a good source for info, have message boards made up of over 90% enthusiastic fans.. So if they are the ones questioning McKeens work,

....then couldn't you say that adds more credibility to Mckeen's and discredits HF as a result if Non-professionals are criticizing professionals work.. Who would know more.????. If you wrote an article on a NHL teams prospects or The GM of that team wrote the report.. Who is likely to know more on the subject and be a better source for information..

Also some of the Writers on here that post reports and interviews of prospects are in fact employed by McKeen's as writers...

Yeah. You're right, we're fans having fun discussing prospects. You, however act aggressive and for some reason have to make things personal. Are you having some problems right now in your life that you'd like to discuss instead? And if you like Mckeens so much, why not go hang out there instead of bothering us.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
In all honesty, these are fair rankings. However, I would, naturally ;), put the Predators closer to the 4-7 range in the rankings. The thing people do not realize is, that the pairity between the top 10 teams is very small, while the pairity between the top ten teams and the 20 - 30 teams is very significant. Basically, it really doesn't matter if Nashville is ranked 8 or 9.....its about the same thing. THe point is that they have a very good prospect pool. Everyone here should be happy that they are in the top 10 rather than languishing at the bottom of the list. Being in the top 10 says the prospect pool is good and being managed correctly, and the fact that there are a lot of debates just further proves my point of how little the differences are between each organization on this list.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Enoch,

Precisely.

Actually, I would say 1 through 12 is about as solid as you can get, and in many ways, outside of maybe the top 4 or 5, you could swap them around as you see fit from the #5/6 spots through the 12 spot and still be pretty solid.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
DieHard said:
Had you ranked Caps much lower (outside top5 anyway), it would have been a very good ranking IMHO. It's just that ranking Caps #1 sticks out like a sore thumb and it seems most of the posters agree that they are definetly too high.

Apparently you are not allowed to question the rankings..

Everyone enjoys a good discussion, it just that the list is not supported by other reference material and just 1 persons personal opinion, which he is entitled to, yet the most frustrating thing in the future is that other posters are going to use this list to support their arguments, and that turns debates quickly from Fact to Science Fiction...

I was not even expressing my own opinions which I clearly know are just that, and I am not a professional scout...Yet if you support your reasons why there are inaccuracies in this list ..well you can read the responses.. Apparently accepting criticism is not a strong point, and I choose a team that is not even my own to reduce the Homerism responses that where sure to come..

I will just sit back and when the actual Professionals on this great site and others present their list, and they will vary from this one. Then I hope people put more emphasis on those lists and just read this one as an interesting read and should not be taken to seriously...

As you pointed out its the Washington ranking that quickly tells knowledgeable posters and enthusiastic fans the level on Knowledge of the writer... had he put any other team of the top 5 teams like say Philly, first and Washington further down where they belong then WE would not have been able to really say much other than comment on the content...

Last edited:

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
The Messenger said:
As you pointed out its the Washington ranking that quickly tells knowledgeable posters and enthusiastic fans the level on Knowledge of the writer... had he put any other team of the top 5 teams like say Philly, first and Washington further down where they belong then WE would not have been able to really say much other than comment on the content...

Its his list, and he has the perrogative to put any team where he wants to in the list. Obviously, he think Washington has a few players that are going to hit it home in the NHL. WHO CARES?!!?! Get a grip. I'm not sure why you are taking this so personally, but its really not a big deal. The title of the thread is "Mizrl's Organizational Rankings". That means that they are his opinion, and for that reason they are to be viewed as opinion, not fact. He did a great job, and obviously spent a little bit of time compiling this list. At least he has reasons for his arguments and attempted to lay out why he ranked who, where.

Sheesh....talk about a thread-killer.

4:20

Mar 23, 2002
B.C.
Visit site
I think that Mizral's list is pretty good, and I think that the dialogue it has sparked is also pretty good. Most of this thread seems to be about a debate between Mizral and The Messenger which is what I wanted to comment on. I think the debate has been well argued on both sides and my respect for both posters' hockey knowledge has been increased by the arguments that they have presented. The only downside in my opinion has been The Messenger's agressive and disrespectful position which has tainted my enjoyment of this thread and my respect for him/her. I hope that nobody takes offense at my comments. I only wanted to point out what I appreciated and did not appreciate about this thread.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
Montreal first? I strongly disagree

Perezhogin, Kastitsyn, Komisarek, Higgins are the only sure fire NHL'er that they have. Urguart and Lambert are still qustionable. Hainsey has to fix that ego of his before he will make it. I see other teams that have alot more sure fire players then Montreal.
Hossa is more than a sure fire NHL'er
plekanec very underrated IMO he's NHL ready ..
balej .. awesome potential . still some to learn ..
add to this project like Korneev,Locke,Lambert,Urquart,korkipari,halak,etc..
I think we just need a BIG PHYSICAL BEAST FORWARD and we would be a powerhouse .. I still think that LA has better prospects because they stole Tambellini and gambled with Boyle and Puhskarev that i really like..
but IMO mtl is easily #2 ... :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad