Mizral's Organizational Rankings (#1 through #10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
I've been working on these for about a month now [very slowly!], and I thought I'd start posting them here. I'm actually down into the mid 20's, but I thought I'd split them up into parts, since they are extremely long posts. I'll post 11 through 20 later on.

Anyways, tell me what you think about the rankings, and if I've made any mistakes, let me know. Apart from what I'd normally have you believe, I'm not perfect.

I am using HF's prospect criteria. I am assuming the amount of games is as of before the season started, so while I am factoring the performance of those games, I am not factoring them in when I am considering if a player is a prospect or not.

#1 - Washington Capitals

While General Manager George McPhee is on the hot seat, Jaromir Jagr is whining over his girlfriend, Caps owner Ted Leonsis bellyaching over how he doesn't understand how you can't buy a winner in the NHL, one thing for the Caps is just fine. Yes, the Washington Capitals have the best group of prospects in the NHL. While perhaps no top 5 prospect, Maxime Oulette is a top 5 goaltending prospect in this league and projects to be a franchise goaltender. Steve Eminger is already logging huge minutes for Washington at a very young age, and projects to a top 2 defenseman. Alexander Semin, an absolute dandy with the puck has top line offensive upside. There are no key weaknesses in the Caps system either, as it shows amazing depth with names such as Eric Fehr, Boyd Gordon, Maxime Daigneault, newly aquired Jonas Johansson, and towering defenseman Nolan Yonkman.

#2 - Philidelphia Flyers

It's funny what a good day in June can do for an organization. Bobby Clarke has been accused of many things as a General Manager, but you could tell as day #1 of the draft came to a close, Clarke & his scouting team had recognized the problem - they lacked good, young centreman! To this end, Clarke took Jeff Carter and Mike Richards, two OHL centreman who both have already impressed the scouting staff in Philidelphia - so much so, Mike Richards nearly earned a roster spot out of camp. Adding those two peices to an already strong core, featuring arguably the best prospect in the world, Finnish blueliner Joni Pitkanen, and former Red Deer Rebels blueliner Jeff Woywitka, the Flyers have perhaps the best top 4 group of prospects in the league. And while the depth in the Flyers system doesn't extend all the way down to the bottom, there are some quality guys who get less attention than those top four such as Patrick Sharp, Colin Fraser, and Antero Nittymaki.

#3 - Florida Panthers

Even with Bouwmeester losing his 'prospect' status, the Panthers have developed an impressive stable of youngsters that should be able to surround Bouwmeester and perhaps someday give the Cats some claws and make some noise in the playoffs. Heading the group of Panthers prospects is 3rd overall pick of the 2003 draft, Nathan Horton. He, alike Anthony Stewart, another 2003 1st rounder, project to be power forwards with some serious attitude. Stewart is a beast on wheels, and has a knack for scoring timely goals. As well, defensemen Lukas Krajicek and Fillip Novak have a bevy of offensive tools that will surely help the listless Panthers offense down the road. Beyond their top prospects, there is a deep group of very interesting depth prospects, such as Rob Globke, Petr Taticek, Gregory Campbell, Kyle Rossiter, and Kamil Kreps. Perhaps the only weakness in the Panthers system is their lack of good goaltender prospects.

#4 - Los Angelas Kings

Remember when Kings prospects used to be the butt of everyones jokes? Okay, you don't? Well, they were at one point to some. Gone are those days. Kings GM Dave Taylor has, if nothing else, done an amazing job at compiling Kings prospects considering what he had when he came into the job. Deals like the Rob Blake deal and the Mattheiu Schneider have given the Kings good picks in the drafts lately, and Mr. Taylor and his scouts have made the right moves. Heading the class of Kings youngsters is Russian defenseman, Denis Grebeshkov, a very smart puck moving defenseman who has already played 50 games in the Russian Super League. The first of LA's 3 1st rounders in 2003 was used to select OHL'er Dustin Brown, a hardworking goal scorer that has already cracked the Kings lineup. Looking down from there, you see quality & quantity that few teams can match. Jared Aulin, Mike Cammelleri, Petr Kanko, and Jeff Tambellini posses some scoring capabilities, and if their lack of size is a problem, just put them on lines with the underrated Jens Karlsson, first round pick in 2001, or Brian Boyle, the 6'5 1/2 behemoth. Boyle, while a project, could be the kind of centreman that other teams have nightmares about the night before playing. All this, without even mentioning defenseman Tim Gleason, aquired in the Bryan Smolinski trade! The Kings are solid in all positions but in goal.

#5 - Pittsburgh Penguins

When you think 'Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects' you think .. alliteration! Well, you might think of that second, after the outstanding Cape Breton/Pittsburgh Penguin goaltender, Marc-Andre Fleury. The Penguins obviously were high on him, making sure to get the #1 overall pick as to not miss out on getting him. Fleury has no discernable weaknesses, and is possibly the best goaltending prospect in the league - only Atlanta's Kari Lehtonen could challenge him now. Fleury is obviously the franchises key prospect and the player the future Lemieux-less Penguins will build around for years. Players that will be making sure pucks don't get into the net with Fleury should be defenseman Ryan Whitney and Brooks Orpik. Both project to top 4 defenseman, and are both very big and strong, particularly Orpik who is a vicious open-ice hitter in the Scott Stevens mold. Beyond those top 3 guys, the Penguins have a bunch of 'great potential, but not there yet' guys, such as Michal Sivek & Kris Beech, brought over from the Jaromir Jagr trade, Tomas Surovy who dissapointed at training camp this season, and highly skilled offensive defenseman, Ross Lupaschuk. Beyond those questionable guys, there are still a third layer, including Noah Welch, Konstantin Kozlov, Erik Christiansen, and Ryan Malone.

#6 - Chicago Blackhawks

With the borsche sipping, vodka drinking, alleged communist Mike Smith out of the powderkeg that is Chicago, incoming GM Pullford's first great idea was to fire off the scouting staff. Good idea, Pullford, those guys would rather work in another city, anyways. And yes, they will all be back to work for other NHL teams in the near future. Perhaps the biggest reason is that the Hawks scouting staff is not only good at picking the sure-bets as of late, but also at finding diamonds in lumps of coal. Obviously the first guy that leaps to mind in the Chicago system is current Hawk, Tuomo Ruutu. While his agent would probobly think otherwise, Ruutu is not yet the best player in the league.. but he could be one day. Ruutu has an unbelievable set of skills & intangibles that you rarely see on an NHL player. His play is reminiscent of Mike Peca with more skill, and his potential could possibly be similer to that of another Peter Forsberg. Ruutu alone throws the Hawks into the top 10, but it's the bevy of the supporting casts that keeps them there. Gritty & gifted Russian (*gasp*) Pavel Vorobiev has yet to bust out, but could be another Olli Jokinen-type case - needs more time. Russian (*shocking*) defenseman Anton Babchuk has top 4 defensive potential, whereas Russian (*amaze*) centre Mikhail Yakoubov is a guy who's got it all, but his recent struggles have seen his stock drop a little bit.. but he's still very young. Another Russian (*okay, I'll stop now*) Igor Radulov is a case of 'Where did he come from', and has very good scoring potential. Young goaltenders Michael Leighton and Craig Anderson give the Hawks some depth in goal, and 2003 first rounder, Brent Seabrooke, brings another stud defensive prospect to the table which was a concern last year. There are few weaknesses in the Hawks system, though perhaps Pullford should spring for a few 'Russian/English' dictionaries.

#7 - Montreal Canadiens

This summer, the Habs brought in Bob Gainey, but did the very smart thing in retaining Savard as a scout. Savard is already well known in hockey circles to be a good judge of talent, and the Habs prospect system has improved since he was hired as GM. Who the #1 prospect in Montreal is up for debate, but that doesn't seem to matter, as the Habs have a pretty solid top end group of kids. RSL winger Alex Perezhogin scored 15 goals in the RSL last year, and had a great WJC tournament, and he might have the best potential of the lot. A blistering scoring winger, Perezhogin has perhaps an equal in the Habs system in 2003 1st round pick, Andrei Kastsitsyn, a highly skilled Belarussian with some health concerns that probobly won't be a problem, but likely had some effect on his draft positioning. As well, young Chris Higgins who was a great player for Yale in the ECAC of the NCAA last year. There are some questions as to weather or not Higgins offensive talents will translate into the NHL, but Chris should make the NHL anyways. Rounding out the top four, towering Mike Komisarek who has a good overall game and projects to be a top 4 defenseman. And while there are some questions to the depth of the Habs organization, there are some potential bright spots in the incredibly skilled, but small, Cory Locke, newfoundlander Michael Ryder, offensivly skilled Cory Urquhart, and small, but solid Tomas Plekanec. The key issue for the Blue & Blanc prospects, as with their big club, is a real lack of size & grit up front.

#8 - Buffalo Sabres

It seems every year as of late, Buffalo is amongst the team with the best prospects. In the past, this could be attributed to making solid trades. However, with so many poor seasons bring forth high draft picks, more pressure is on Buffalo scouts than ever. This year, they used their 1st round pick on Tomas Vanek, an Austrian playing for the top team in the NCAA, the Minnesota Golden Gophers. Vanek is an out-of-this-world offensive threat, but has been accused of going to sleep. Boosters compare Tomas to Ottawa's Marian Hossa, but detractors are quick to point to Pavel Brendl. And while Vanek is perhaps the standout talent wise, there is a lot to be happy about in the Sabres organization. Outstanding goaltending prospect Ryan Miller is very young and projects to be a franchise goaltender for the Sabres, though perhaps not quite to the level of a Roberto Luongo or a Marc-Andre Fleury. Perhaps the most underrated prospect in the world is Derek Roy, an extremely talented offensive player without much size but a whole lot of heart. Also of note is 1st round pick in 2002, Daniel Paille, and big-time QMJHL scorer, Jason Pominville, could perhaps have NHL potential if he can fight through traffic. While you could accuse the Sabres of swinging for the fences in the draft lately, you surely can't argue with the sheer potential of this group. Other Buffalo prospects of note include Michael Ryan, Paul Gaustad, Jakub Klepis, and Jiri Novotny.

#9 - New Jersey Devils

Peirre Maguire's draft day whining aside, Zach Parise should not have fallen to 17th overall, and into Lou Lammerello's lap. Noted as perhaps the best scout in the NHL, David Conte refuses to dissapoint. Year after year, although sometimes not in the spotlight, Conte & his staff continue to draft future NHL'ers. And a talent like Parise's, Conte recognized, was just too good not to get considering where he was at the time. Parise has extremely high potential offensivly and while not big, plays with grit and intensity. Behind Parise, Ari Ahonen patiently bides his time until Martin Brodeur stops being a top goaltender in the NHL, or until either he or Brodeur doesn't play in New Jersey anymore. Paul Martin and David Hale form an interesting one-two punch on the blueline, perhaps the heir apperants to Scott Neidermayer & Stevens respectivly. Other very good prospects such as Anton Kadeykin, Tuomas Pihlman, Adrian Foster, and Matt DeMarchi, among others, gives the Devils perhaps the deepest pool of kids since the mid 90's.

#10 - Nashville Predators

If you asked the casual hockey fan about prospects in the Preds system, the only name they could probobly come up with is Rankin Inlet native, Jordin Tootoo. And that's a real shame, since Tootoo is not even close to the top prospects the Preds management has pooled together. Perhaps the most intriguing prospect in the system is 2003 1st rounder Ryan Suter. Suter's got #1 defenseman written all over him talent-wise, and the question is not if Ryan Suter makes the NHL', but when. But the top-end talent does not end with Suter. Dan Hamhuis is playing a large role for the Predators already this season, and ought to be considered a top notch defensive prospect as well. Hamhuis has played big roles wherever he's gone in his career, and it's very likely he'll play a big role for the Predators someday, as he certainly projects to a top 4 defenseman, and maybe more. There is some talent up front too. Former Kamloops Blazer, Scottie Upshall, is a talented, gritty forward that, if he doesn't make the NHL as a top 6 forward, will certainly make an above-average 3rd liner. The aforementioned Jordin Tootoo is already making an NHL impact as a demolishing hitter, pest, and all around public enemy #1 to whomever the Preds are playing that particular night. But the real wildcard in all this may be Russian Timofei Shishkanov. Shishkanov has great offensive abilities, but has been accused of being disinterested too often. In fact, one scout even said Shishkanov displayed a, 'complete lack of character'. Other notables in the Preds system include Brian Finley, Kevin Klein, and Darren Haydar.

Last edited:

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
:bow:
Nice list! My only suggestions would be to have Washington a tad bit lower and jump Nashville into the top 5 because of their depth on D.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Mizral said:
But the real wildcard in all this may be Russian Timofei Shishkanov. Shishkanov has great offensive abilities, but has been accused of being disinterested too often. In fact, one scout even said Shishkanov displayed a, 'complete lack of character'.

Come on now, Mizral. Get up to date! That analyzation was 2-3 years ago. He's has been one of the hardest working Admirals in his first year in the AHL. He's also on fire with 14 points (6 goals, 8 assists) in his last 13 games. He's still a wildcard, but his attitude problems have been taken care of.

I think Nashville is much, much too low. We have a ton of good quality prospects that no one pays attention to from Pivko to Glazachev to Stehlik to Sulzer. And Shea Weber has supposedly looked very, very good for Kelowna.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
The lack of a top notch goaltender prospect lowered their rating significantly. Outside of the Canadiens, Kings, and Panthers, all others in the top 10 have good goaltending prospects, and a good goaltender prospect would have raised their ratings for sure.

EDIT: Also, I'm quite sure that most people who are fans of their team will say that they are 'much much' too low, Smokey ;)

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Mizral said:
Anyways, tell me what you think about the rankings, and if I've made any mistakes, let me know. Apart from what I'd normally have you believe, I'm not perfect.

Nice, detailed job! But I disagree on Washington. They should be lower than this.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Mizral said:
The lack of a top notch goaltender prospect lowered their rating significantly. Outside of the Canadiens, Kings, and Panthers, all others in the top 10 have good goaltending prospects, and a good goaltender prospect would have raised their ratings for sure.

EDIT: Also, I'm quite sure that most people who are fans of their team will say that they are 'much much' too low, Smokey ;)

Yeah, but even the main site (one that never gives the Preds much credit) has them higher. I think our insane defensive depth (the best in the league) and very, very good forward depth more than makes up for our lack of a stud goaltender. And Finley, after some hiccups with injuries, is doing very, very well in our AHL affiliate.

I read over the Sabres list of prospects and I just don't see it. Same with the Devils. I guess we are giving Lou the benefit of the doubt that his picks will turn into gold because they certainly don't appear to be top 10 on the surface.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
WASHINGTON??? They wouldn't be my top team TO HIGH...
NASHVILLE???? - When the Professionals make the rakings will have them Higher For Sure..

One team that I would have for sure in the top would be Anaheim... If you are looking at depth at all positions the Ducks have it and some very top quality prospects..

They are also a young team and recent NHL'ers like Joffrey Lupul and Alexei Smirnov,who still fall into the prospects pool..

but I drool at their current prospects.. including 3 top forwards that have just been named to Team Canada..

Goalie

Ilja Bryzgalov

Defense

Mark Popovic - Defense
Vladimir Korsunov - Defense
Ville Mantymaa - Defense

Forwards

Ryan Getzlaf
Corey Perry
Tim Brent
Chris Kunitz
Joel Perreault
Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau
Igor Pohanka

Just to name a few, and like I said I think you missed the boat big time without the Mighty ducks in the top of the prospects pool

Last edited:

evman150*

Good list.

Washington too high, nashville too low, pittsburgh too high. In my opinion of course.

Some omissions of player mentions that stuck out for me: Ron Hainsey Mtl, Konstantin Glazachev Nsh, Richard Stelick Nsh, Alexander Sulzer Nsh, Aleksander Suglubov Njd.

spence___

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
Mizral said:
the Penguins have a bunch of 'great potential, but not there yet' guys, such as Michal Sivek & Kris Beech, brought over from the Jaromir Jagr trade, Tomas Surovy who dissapointed at training camp this season, and highly skilled offensive defenseman, Ross Lupaschuk. Beyond those questionable guys, there are still a third layer, including Noah Welch, Konstantin Kozlov, Erik Christiansen, and Ryan Malone.

Its Koltsov and he's tied for 8th in rookie scoring. Surovy was also injured at training camp, so I dont know how disappointed you could really be with him.

The pen's dont seem to get any respect around here.

elphy101

Nov 8, 2002
City of Champions
Visit site
Pretty good job Mizral. Just a couple of comments on rankings.

1. Washington is too high. I'm not even sure they should be in the top 10. Eminger is a stud. After that Ouelette is a good goalie but I don't think he's in the same league as Fleury or Lehtonen.

2. New Jersey is a little too high. The New Jersey rating is based it seems to me on Zach Parise. Ahonen and Hale are good but there are still teams not ranked that should be ahead of NJ. I think the jury is still out on Parise. He will probably be a solid NHL'er but a superstar, I'm not so sure.

3. Anaheim is missing. Anaheim has alot of quality youngsters. Bryzgalov, I believe is as good as Ouelette. On top of that Anaheim has youngsters Stan Chistov, Joffrey Lupul and Ryan Getzlaf. Three potential superstars.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It's very difficult to try and rank all 30 organizations, but it's a nice try.

I disagree with some, but that's what the boards are for.

1. I like the Caps prospects, but 1st overall? seems too high

2. Flyers have some good ones, but I the top 4, no way, IMO. I think they are too high

3. The Panthers I like right where they are, as they have done well in getting such high picks

4. Kings I like where they are

5. Pens have depth, seems like a good spot for them

6. The Hawks I really like and would move up some

7. Habs to me have the top prospects in the NHL, but a poor development system over the past always cast a shadow of doubt. Still I'd have them higher for sure, but I know their prospects a lot better then most

8. Sabers have some good ones. I liked Roy in the game I was at, Vanek is sick and so is Miller.

9. Devils are in a good spot, but maybe a spot higher

10. Preds I think are way too low. I'm a big fan of their prospects, and can see them near the top of the league, with a stellar bunch of kids in the system. Suter I think could be a great pick for them.

I'll try I guess

1. Habs. Lots of good teams, but the Habs are loaded due to so many crappy years. Komisarek, Kastsitsyn, Higgins, Hainsey, Hossa, Plekanec, Urquhart is a solid base of prospects, IMO.

2. Panthers. The Horton Stewart picks could pay off great rewards down south.

3. Preds. Hamhuis, Suter, Stelick, Kline, Lasek, is a good way to start in their own end, then add Shishkanov Glazachev Upshall

4. Hawks. The Russian Hawks are buliding an impressive group of prospects. What direction will the new GM go? I think they have the Russian side covered by now.

5. Kings. Lots of talent over there. Boyle, Kanko, Grebs, Camer etc..

6. Pens. Lots of depth and a great goalie prospect

7. Caps. Are on their way to getting a solid pick this year which will put them higher. Eminger looks solid and Semin should be a good one as he's got some damn flashy moves.

8. NJ. Very good group of prospects and a great development system

9. Flyers. How they got Pitaken from Tampa I will never understand, but Clarke did something right there.

10. Boston. Has a lot of good picks. Stuart, Jurcina, plus 2 good young goalie helps them where they need it most. BOO

Sabers, Leafs, Wings, NYI, Ducks all have some solid prospect groups as well.

CoolburnIsGone

The only thing I disagree with about the Panthers is the mention of Rossiter in the list of prospects. I would substitute Jeremy Swanson for him in that list. Rossiter has been horrible in all of his callups and looks to be a career AHLer. Swanson is at least picked to go to all the Team Canada showings and is a talented d-man.

Habs4ever

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal, (Quebec)
Visit site
You are wrong about Montreal!!

Mizral said:

In goaltening department they got 9th round steal in Halak he's totally dominating in junior league and has already been called upto mens league, he was best under 18 goaltender last year, and has already won the job for WJC this year, he might be the second best goaltender coming out of 2003 draft.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
Interesting that some see the Ducks high
I think they should fit in somewhere between 9-12 or so (they were #9 last time around, the Fox Sports ranking placed them 13th).
I think the main fault with the Ducks, is depth on D (after Popovic, there isn't a player who could clearly step into the lineup, maybe Rogers or Alen, Korsunov will probably stay in Russia, Mantymaa is a wild-card) and also after Bryzgalov, there is nothing in goal (Ferhi looks to be a top-notch AHL player, but probably won't be more then an average backup in the NHL). But then again, with Giguere and Gerber, there's no real need for much goaltending depth at the moment.
What has surprised me is how many prospects have moved up in the past few years. Players like Chistov, Lupul, Gerber, Sauer, Smirnov, Lupul, Holmqvist, Hedstrom and Severson have all seen time in Anaheim and also have all graced the Top Prospects list.
That's a good point for prospect development, but overall, the pipeline has been stronger.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Well, let me defend some of my rankings:

I ask any of you to go look at the Caps prospects and try to find one team out there that has better depth. ONE. Good luck ;)

Second, the Caps have a more balanced pool of prospects than any other team. You've got potential franchise players on forward, defense, and goal (certainly not that level yet, but they are not too far from it). Furthermore, they have no weakness'. Goaltending depth isn't an issue with Daigneault, they've got size on the blueline with Yonkman, they've got checkers and scorers between guys like Fehr and Gordon. Every other team has at least one weakness (if not a major one, a minor one), but not the Caps.

The Ducks in the top 10? You're kidding right? They have some nice prospects, but which team would you say they are better than here? I would say not a one.

Anyhow, I knew when I posted this I'd end up getting criticism, so keep it coming. It's interesting to read.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Plekanec said:
Are you not the one who thought that Benoit Gratton was the best Habs prospect? :D

Nope, I said he was my 'favorite' Habs prospect. The response was, to some of the more illeterate posters, was that I thought he was the best, and what a fool I must be.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Mizral said:

I ask any of you to go look at the Caps prospects and try to find one team out there that has better depth. ONE. Good luck ;)

Second, the Caps have a more balanced pool of prospects than any other team. You've got potential franchise players on forward, defense, and goal (certainly not that level yet, but they are not too far from it). Furthermore, they have no weakness'. Goaltending depth isn't an issue with Daigneault, they've got size on the blueline with Yonkman, they've got checkers and scorers between guys like Fehr and Gordon. Every other team has at least one weakness (if not a major one, a minor one), but not the Caps.

The Ducks in the top 10? You're kidding right? They have some nice prospects, but which team would you say they are better than here? I would say not a one.

Anyhow, I knew when I posted this I'd end up getting criticism, so keep it coming. It's interesting to read.

wow, in looking closer I wouldn't even have the Caps in the top 10.

Maxime Ouellet, G

2. Nolan Yonkman, D

3. Eric Fehr, RW

4. Maxime Daigneault, G

5. Jonas Johansson, RW

6. Jakub Cutta, D

7. Owen Fussey, RW

8. Steve Werner, RW

9. Ivan Nepriayev, C

10. Graham Mink, RW

11. Rastislav Stana, G

12. Patrick Wellar, D

Petr Dvorak, C

Rob Gherson, G

Marian Havel, C

Derek Krestanovich, C

Joni Lindlöf, LW

Johnny Oduya, D

Alexander Riazantsev, D

Artem Ternavsky, D

Roman Tvrdon, Rw

Patric Blomdahl, RW
David Bornhammar, D
Jevon DeSautels, LW
Igor Ignatouchkin, C
Matt Maglione, D
Robert Müller, G
Zbynek Novak, LW
Maxim Orlov, C
Peter Polcik, LW
Igor Schadilov, D
Garrett Stroshein, RW

Is better then,

Mike Komisarek, D

2. Andrei Kastsitsyn, LW

3. Ron Hainsey, D

4. Chris Higgins, C

5. Alex Perezhogin, RW

6. Tomas Plekanec, C

7. Marcel Hossa, LW

8. Cory Urquhart, C

9. Jozef Balej, RW

10. Konstantin Korneev, D

11. Jonathan Ferland, RW

12. Oskari Korpikari, D

13. Duncan Milroy, RW

14. Andrew Archer, D

15. Michael Lambert, LW

16. Corey Locke, C

17. François Beauchemin, D

18. Maxim Lapierre, C

19. Jaroslav Halak, G

20. Ryan O'Byrne, D

21. Danny Stewart, LW

22. Alex Buturlin, RW

Other Notables

Jimmy Bonneau, LW
J.F. Damphousse, G
Andre Deveaux, C
Johan Eneqvist, C
Mark Flood, D
Ryan Glenn, D
Chris Heino-Lindberg, G
Christian Larrivée, LW
Tomas Linhart, D
Olivier Michaud, G
Joni Puurula, G
Scott Selig, RW
Matt Shasby, D
M-A Thinel, RW

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
If Semin, Gordon and Eminger (and to a lesser degree, Pettinger) are counted, I think the Caps are up there (though I don't know if they are top 3 or not), but if those players aren't counted, then I think they take a tumble down the rankings.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Mizral said:
Nope, I said he was my 'favorite' Habs prospect. The response was, to some of the more illeterate posters, was that I thought he was the best, and what a fool I must be.

Well he's 26, and hasn't been a prospect for a while now. But he's one of the better AHLers.

MLH

Feb 6, 2003
Mizral said:
#8 - Buffalo Sabres

However, with so many poor seasons bring forth high draft picks, more pressure is on Buffalo scouts than ever.

They've .500 year and a bad year.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Mizral said:

Come on Mizral...Washington..???

First tells us all your souces for how you made this list of prospects..

You have to get out and watch these kids live in order or at least on TV to get to make a proper opinion...Since you do not have a WHL team in Victoria....How are you doing that???

Do you subscribe to the Redline Report????...McKeen's????? The Hockey News ???? ...CSB ??? ...Sporting News?? What are your references for making this statements.. Satelite Dish???

Just so you know, before we start I have active subsriptions or access to all of the Above and am a WHL season ticket holder for years and own a Satelite dish with the Center Ice Package in order to watch any team any time???..

and you critizing the Ducks just shows that you do not know your material well...

Lets just take the last 3-4 years and focus on prospects and you decide you has better players..

Ducks

Stanislav Chistov
Joffrey Lupul
Mark Popovic (D)
Alexei Smirnov
Ryan Getzlaf
Corey Perry
Ilja Bryzgalov (G)
Tim Brent

Washington

Brian Sutherby
Boyd Gordan...
Steve Eminger (D)
Alexander Semin
Eric Fehr
Jonas Johansson
Maxime Daigneault (G)
Nolan Yonkman (D)

You compare just these top end prospects and I have exlude Maxime Ouellet since he is ouside the last 4 year scope..

Would anybody here trade these 8 ducks for the Washington Prospects... Even up

Steve Eminiger as for Dman stands alone and looks like a great yound Dman...but if you compare all the others 1 to 1 accross the Duckling has the higher upside... While Sutherby and Gordon are solid 2 way players ..the Ceiling for Chistov and Lupul project to 1st line players..

Chistov > Sutherby
Lupul > Gordon
Popovic < Eminger
Smirnov = Semin
Getzlaf > Fehr
Perry > Johansson
Ilja Bryzgalov (G) = Maxime Daigneault (G)
Brent > Yonkman (D)

The Ducks players where drafted higher than their Washington counterpart on each occasion so professionals thought the same way and if the duck players on a one to one bases are greater than the caps then wouldn't logic say that as a whole they should be greater..and only Eminger is a clear cut winner in this group..

and I just picked the Ducks...NO HOMER.. NO BIAS as they are not my team...

I could just as easily chosen Philly with Richards, Carter, Pitkanen, Woywitka would blow these caps prospects away ....and others but I chose a team outside of your top ten to compare..but I believe at least 5 of your top 10 would be ahead of Washington..

Last edited:

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
I'd say around the 10 spot is good for the Devils. You actually didn't mention maybe the Devils best pure offensive prospect which is Aleksander Suglobov. Then there is Adrian Foster whos played a collective amount of like 20 games in the last 5 years but he has tons of potential. Just very injury prone (luckily he's been playing this year knock on wood )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->