Mitch "The Magician" Marner

Leafsfan13

Feb 13, 2018
Question to the forum. Do you see marner as an all-star? Star? Superstar? Elite? Or just a good 2nd liner right now and at his prime. Please duscuss
People might call me crazy but I can see Marner being just as important to this team as Matthews. As shown tonight he can be a huge game changer and leader. Not to mention he quarterbacks our Powerplay. He’s got 58 points with 12 games left so he’s got a shot at 70 points this year which would be incredible considering he spent half the year on a bottom 6 role with 5 goals through half the year. I think the sky is the limit for this kid and could definitely get to elite status

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

weems

Jul 3, 2008
I said this in the GDT but theres not many players in the league who have the poise and patience to make that play on the late tieing goal.

Under pressure boxed into the corner at the blueline and the kid has the poise to hold it when almost everyone would just fire it back down the boards.

Holds it, turns just as the Dallas D retreat and then puts the puck toward the net.

His creativity, poise with the puck and hockeysense are special.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Since January 24th, when Marner and Kadri were put together Marner has been one of the best players in the league.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
That is the 12th most points in the NHL in that time. He has a great shot at hitting 70 pts, despite his slow start. Can't wait to see him in the playoffs this year.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
on pace for ~68 points this year, but will probably get a bit more due to being on a better line now. Not too shabby for the next Sam Gagner

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Has to go a ppg from here on out to get to 70 points. Hard, but definitely doable, especially for someone with Mitch's talent. As other have noted, he's already over a ppg over the last while.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Think the leafs should him up asap (july 1st?) before he has that 100point season next year

I'm hoping we get long terms extensions for all 3 of Nylander, Marner and Matthews this summer. Though, I could see Matthews maybe wanting to play out his final ELC year first since this year has been so impacted by injury. Then again, I'd have thought the same about Eichel.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
41 Games, 17 Goals, 25 Assists, 42 Points, 16:29 aTOI

That's a 34G-50A-84Pt pace. If he can maintain it for the final 12 games, he'll hit 70 points.

And just like after his rookie season, this thread is devoid of a certain few individuals.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Earlier in the season when he was off, I said his detractors would look foolish in the end. I will never understand how some simply can’t recognize a unique talent and appreciate what we have. I mean some guys you can debate, Marner is a burgeoning stud to anyone with basic vision, or perhaps without a bias against. Enjoy the crow, for the next 15 years.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Earlier in the season when he was off, I said his detractors would look foolish in the end. I will never understand how some simply can’t recognize a unique talent and appreciate what we have. I mean some guys you can debate, Marner is a burgeoning stud to anyone with basic vision, or perhaps without a bias against. Enjoy the crow, for the next 15 years.
Nowadays, NHL fans are all about this week. People had already litterally forgotten his 61 point season last year. And they never bothered to look at his TOI or linemates either when comparing his #'s to others.
And they idea you want a big physical Dman instead of skill like Marner is what helped get Edmonton in this situation.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Passive aggressiveness is ugly, Mess. And God doesn't like ugly.

That like me saying, "man, I really have to eat crow on this Barzal kid. Even though he's scored only 2 goals in his last 24 games despite 18:20 aTOI, he's still managed to be PPG over this season. Impressive!"
Haha yeah was just thinking that was transparent as hell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->