Value of: Mitch Marner

Status
Not open for further replies.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
"already better than Gaudreau" still holding onto that one guys? :laugh:

Honestly, not right now. I still believe he will get back to where he was and eventually build on that though, but it's not going to be anytime soon by the looks of it.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I wonder if our 60 point rookie might be able to fetch a 4D?
Here's the funny thing...we have Rielly, Gardiner, Zaitsev and Hainsey.....so far this season:

Rielly...looks much better playing with Hainsey...last night was the best game i have seen Mo play in a long time.

Gardiner...same as usual, very good player....makes the odd noticeable brainfart style mistake.

Zaitsev...pretty easily our best D so far, playing like a fringe #1 guy.

Hainsey...my expectations were not high, but he has been very solid...really helping out Rielly.

My point to all of this is that we don't really need a "top 4D", we need an elite #1D. We have 4 guys that are easily #2-4 guys.

Reactions: TheMadHatTrick

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
"already better than Gaudreau" still holding onto that one guys? :laugh:

Are you still holding onto Bennett >>> Nylander? At least Gaudreau and Marner are comparable players lol. What Marner accomplished at 19, Gaudreau accomplished at 20-21.

Here's the funny thing...we have Rielly, Gardiner, Zaitsev and Hainsey.....so far this season:

Rielly...looks much better playing with Hainsey...last night was the best game i have seen Mo play in a long time.

Gardiner...same as usual, very good player....makes the odd noticeable brainfart style mistake.

Zaitsev...pretty easily our best D so far, playing like a fringe #1 guy.

Hainsey...my expectations were not high, but he has been very solid...really helping out Rielly.

My point to all of this is that we don't really need a "top 4D", we need an elite #1D. We have 4 guys that are easily #2-4 guys.

Leafs D is fine. It is so much better than the D the Pens just recently won with.

You're right. The Leafs have zero need for a top 4D, they either need to get a really good top pairing D or stay put. Wasting assets on players who don't improve our D only makes our offence worse.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Hanifin might be considered, but Slavin is also a "don't ****ing go there" level untouchable.

Based on positional need for the Leafs and performance to date, the add to Hanifin would have to be significant.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Tanev should work

The Leafs don't want to give up a fourth liner like Marner for Tanev. That's a really bad deal for the Canucks.

We'll give up a first line winger for Tanev. How about Zach Hyman?

Jokes aside, the Leafs aren't stupid to trade a really good forward for a decent defensemen. There will be no Hall for Larsson trades for the Leafs.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Funny we were going to trade Nylander all of last year now he's untouchable...I wonder how dumb these threads will look? I'm guessing very.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Based on positional need for the Leafs and performance to date, the add to Hanifin would have to be significant.

Hunter passed on Hanifin to draft Marner and preferred Provorov and Werensksi over Hanifin. As such I don't see Leafs dangling Marner for Hanifin even if they were interested in him.

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
I would trade Marner for Parayko, Hamilton ++, OEL, Ekblad, Jones, Trouba ++

But let's be honest. That probably won't happen and I'm perfectly happy to keep our young budding star.

I'm sure you wouldn't mind any of those trades, of course none of those teams would even consider it.

I wouldn't mind winning the 649, but it won't likely happen either.

Marner has alot more value than Parayko, Hamilton, Ekblad and Trouba. OEL can be argued.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Marner has alot more value than Parayko, Hamilton, Ekblad and Trouba. OEL can be argued.

You can argue about value all noght long, none of their team would trade their D-man for Marner today.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
Marner will not be traded unless an elite defender is coming back the other way

Good 2nd line forwards do not command elite defensemen in return. Are you in la la land or something? I think he could return a Noah Hanifin or maybe a Povorov (sp)?

Definetly not a Seth Jones or a Slavin.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Marner for Barrie

This was discussed a few months ago. I know Leaf fans might disagree which is fine, but Barrie - RHD is scoring at a higher pace than Marner and plays a more valued role. There is no chance he can return the DMen mentioned earlier: Hanifin, Provorov, Hamilton (maybe), Ekblad, Trouba or OEL (maybe due to contract).

Anyways, don't believe the Leafs have any intentions on trading Marner...no need to speculate or comment further...he's key to the team future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->