Mitch Marner vs William Nylander

Mitch Marner vs William Nylander

• Total voters

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
I do like both and each will be a good to very good if not elite players for years, but at this point I feel like Marner has more potential or is more likely to realize his potential.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Marner is currently riding a massive hot streak and is younger so I can see why he’s the unanimous favourite. But I think Nylander has a huge amount of upside that if he reaches Marner won’t hit.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
This flip flops every few months it seems
I've always preferred Marner though, and I still take him
I could see either being better eventually though

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Marner is quite clearly the better player right now. Nylander has all of the tools and just hasn't quite put them together yet. At the start of the year I was of the opinion that Nylander was going to be better in the future, but Marner has taken the step forward this year that Nylander hasn't. I'll stick with my original prediction, Nylander in the future, but Marner is better now.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Too close to call, both amazing young players. When playing average Nylander is better, but when Marner is hot, he’s on another level.

Albi34

Feb 14, 2010
This will continue to go back and forth depending on which is on a hot streak. First half of last year it was Marner, then he got sick and Nylander stormed back and continued it into the international tourney. So it was clearly Nylander up until the halfway point of this season, where Marner has taken off and passed Nylander again. Take your pick. I'm sure at some point Nylander will be favourite again.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
This is one of those "thankfully I don't have to decide" choices for Leafs fans. Quite envious about those two players.

However, I've usually picked Marner over Nylander and will continue to do so. Both fantastic young players though.

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
Nylander is a better player, harder competition, better zone exits and entries, has the ability to play center and more productive 5 on 5.

Marner is more fun with his dangles and circus act plays but Nylander is a better player in terms of possession, hard minutes... the stuff dominate players are good at. It's no wonder Nylander had a game on the 4th line in his rookie year and Marner had almost two months in his sophomore season. Babcock has more trust in Nylander and not Marner.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Nylander is great at everything. Marner is fantastic at some things, but weak at others.

I'd pick Nylander for next season alone, but it's too close to call for the future.

Too close to call.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->