Mitch Marner "Star" Poll: 2018 Edition

Is Marner Going To Be A Star

• Total voters

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
You don’t like facts eh?

The point and counterpoint to Marleau being a passenger on the line.

You are too emotional about this issue. Calm down and we can have a discussion instead of one of your “discussions”.

This is a thread about Marner. If your dislike of Kadri is blinding you to that simple fact, that's a sign that your emotions are getting the better of you. Can you calm down? I guess we'll see.

Anytime you want to discuss Marner, let us know. Cheers.

That will be awesome.
And I'll happily pay !

Even very happily. I really hope Marner plays his entire career as a Maple Leaf. I can't remember there ever being a player who seemed to be as happy to be a Leaf as he is and I think it would just kill him to be traded. The thought of Mitch playing for another team just seems wrong.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
@Mugzy97 @DarkKnight , hey guys

@Gary Nylund would like it known that this thread is about Marner and Marner exclusively. Offering an observation about Marleau is not allowed ..... I guess.

He forgot to single you out but that’s ok ... it’s sort of his thing

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
@Mugzy97 @DarkKnight , hey guys

@Gary Nylund would like it known that this thread is about Marner and Marner exclusively. Offering an observation about Marleau is not allowed ..... I guess.

He forgot to single you out but that’s ok ... it’s sort of his thing
I'll have @DarkKnight and @Gary Nylund 's back almost every time. They are good posters. My posts actually had referenced Marner each time, so not sure why you're dragging me into this.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
BTW, Noah Hannifan does not look that good. And Arizona taking Strome. Ouch!

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I still think Hanifin becomes an impact dman for his team eventually. He's still got a ways to go defensively but offensively he's trending up. Always liked Hanifin but he definitely does not impact the game as much as Marner does. Strome might take a while to grow, who knows how high he can go though.

Marner was the right choice and it seems like it'll be that way for quite a while.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
59222648-1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
66173653-5
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Oh oh, Mitch is starting to pull away from the guy that is supposed to be better, but can never have a better season (Aho).
Pull away? That's still a better pace from Aho.

Though I would expect that would have changed by the end of the year.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I still think Hanifin becomes an impact dman for his team eventually. He's still got a ways to go defensively but offensively he's trending up. Always liked Hanifin but he definitely does not impact the game as much as Marner does. Strome might take a while to grow, who knows how high he can go though.

Marner was the right choice and it seems like it'll be that way for quite a while.
If anything one can argue that Werenski and Provorov should have went ahead of Hanifin in a re-draft since they also play on defense. However it's also fair to say that after McDavid and Eichel, Marner was the 3rd best player selected in the 1st round from 2015.

Reactions: stickty111

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
If anything one can argue that Werenski and Provorov should have went ahead of Hanifin in a re-draft since they also play on defense. However it's also fair to say that after McDavid and Eichel, Marner was the 3rd best player selected in the 1st round from 2015.

3rd best? Barzal currently has 69 points in 69 games as a rookie... Marner is great, happy with the selection, but it’s hard to ignore Barzal as the 3rd best selection from 2015.

pengdeng12

Feb 13, 2018
3rd best? Barzal currently has 69 points in 69 games as a rookie... Marner is great, happy with the selection, but it’s hard to ignore Barzal as the 3rd best selection from 2015.

I firmly believe if Marner played on team like isles (shit D and offense first), marner would be PPG+ as well.

Also it's really hard to produce with JVR/Bozak tandem.

Reactions: DarkKnight

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I firmly believe if Marner played on team like isles (**** D and offense first), marner would be PPG+ as well.

Also it's really hard to produce with JVR/Bozak tandem.

I don't know about that. A sheltered role competing mostly against 3rd lines with two veteran linemates who have played together for years and are a lot better offensively than they are defensively ... from where I site this seems like a pretty good spot to put up points.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
I don't know about that. A sheltered role competing mostly against 3rd lines with two veteran linemates who have played together for years and are a lot better offensively than they are defensively ... from where I site this seems like a pretty good spot to put up points.
I can't even keep track of how many tap-ins Marner has put on Bozak's and JVR's sticks that they haven't converted on. It is an absurd amount. Often it seems it is because they are not ready for it or cannot read his creativity and are too late on the chance. He should have a lot more points.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
The fact that marner is going to get 20+ goals and close to 70 points is just crazy. Didn't he have like 2 or 3 goals in his first 35 games. To go from being an afterthought for goalies in terms of goal scoring to now where he hs sniped pucks past goalies and gone to the right areas for goals is showcasing his growth as a player. He is finding balance between making skilled plays and dangling, as well as being able to use his shot and put pucks on net to get chances. Marner is a star, next tear he becomes a superstar.

pengdeng12

Feb 13, 2018

do you see how those 2 pass the puck? It's always blind pass. They both try to force the pass and center it randomly. 90% of the time it gets intercepted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->