Mississauga Steelheads 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part One)

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
He pretty much did, he has not looked at all like a true rookie in net. He's going to have to keep it up with Leenders (as rumored) is out for the balance of the series against a loaded Wolves team.
Funny Vondras has been quite good so far…Wolves haven’t developed a goalie in forever. They need to take a page out of Sauga’s book.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Keeping Misa at LW, centred by MacDonell and Martone at RW. Ivank starting, Leenders not dressed. Eggleton is back in the lineup with Whitkowski, Richmond on the fourth line, Chairot has one game left on his suspension.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
He fell off a cliff when he came to Sudbury. I see a lot of Wolves hockey and it's more their style of play than the goalies. They give up more five alarm chances than any team I have seen.

Right, the poster who wished Branch an early death for London bias is rewarding us with his expert analysis, we should all be so lucky.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
If you don't want to discuss hockey then don't make troll posts.
He doesn’t make troll posts and B.S. about the goaltending. Yes they haven’t been a defence first team but they havent had a good one since Mitchell Weeks. Ranger wasn’t cutting it though I hate how they released him only to bring in a goalie that wasn’t even as good. Missed a handful of games in decades and watch all road games but I guess you’re the expert.

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Tough end to the season for a team that had been playing so well these past couple months. Unfortunately Sudbury finally played up to their potential, and were probably the worst matchup for the Steelheads.

Really looking forward to watching this team next year as they aim to contend.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Tough end to the season for a team that had been playing so well these past couple months. Unfortunately Sudbury finally played up to their potential, and were probably the worst matchup for the Steelheads.

Really looking forward to watching this team next year as they aim to contend.

Should be interesting going ahead. OAs, import(s) and possibly goaltending are some areas that I'm looking to follow this offseason. I wonder if they look to fip Leenders for some extra draft capital they can use as currency at TD the next year or two.

Leskovar is the only potential OA from last year, and Fibigr was the lone import. Even with so much of last years line up returning there will no doubt be some interesting turns to come.

Reactions: Roadhog

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
First round the Trout take a gamble on Valentini, rated much higher then that but has tendered with the Chicago Steel. Hope they are able to get him signed, team should be very good next year or so.

Are they able to declare him defective just by trading his rights to another OHL team, or does the trading team actually have to sign him for the Trout to get an extra comp pick next year? Got a not so good feeling about him reporting, not sure
I like taking chances. The first rounder this year just might be a chip at next years TD for a team that has potential to swing big next year, I'd have liked to get a player who was going to report. I'm sure the team has done their homework, perhaps the possible changes between the OHL and NCAA might bring him here down the road.

Strange draft, seems like more top end prospects are indicating other commitments then the OHL this year then usual.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
First round the Trout take a gamble on Valentini, rated much higher then that but has tendered with the Chicago Steel. Hope they are able to get him signed, team should be very good next year or so.

Are they able to declare him defective just by trading his rights to another OHL team, or does the trading team actually have to sign him for the Trout to get an extra comp pick next year? Got a not so good feeling about him reporting, not sure
I like taking chances. The first rounder this year just might be a chip at next years TD for a team that has potential to swing big next year, I'd have liked to get a player who was going to report. I'm sure the team has done their homework, perhaps the possible changes between the OHL and NCAA might bring him here down the road.

Strange draft, seems like more top end prospects are indicating other commitments then the OHL this year then usual.
Saw you guys picked Zach Nyman as well- smart pick imo, even if he doesn’t want to report to you guys some team like London might trade for the rights eventually and you get something out of it

Reactions: Roadhog

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

Valentini will report with the steelheads

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Thought so. Guy is following the steelheads, martone, ivankovic and a few guys drafted. Absolutely unreal. So pissed the fronts didn’t take him. You guys got a first overall talent at 13

That's encouraging and would be great getting him. I still not happy about Jack Hughes, I can sometimes be a petty man!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad