Mississauga Steelheads 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
M.Mcloed is ready for the NHL. He is not the type of player that needs to ready for a spot on a scoring line

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Would there be anyone interested in doing a gathering at some point either this season or next season. I've tried to do a mainstream post thread with little feedback would there be anyone interested in trying to reboot from Mississauga that would be interested in some sort of HF board gathering.

Any input from Steelheads fans would go along way to hopefully getting something started I realize that other posters have tried with little success on HFB in the past.

JasonCHL

Aug 21, 2017
Anyone been watching the scrimmages and have any faves to make the team? Anyone cut yet?

Gaylor to me looks like a great skater and would be a great fit. Great story on him too just playing 1 year of AAA and the rest AA.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Anyone been watching the scrimmages and have any faves to make the team? Anyone cut yet?

Gaylor to me looks like a great skater and would be a great fit. Great story on him too just playing 1 year of AAA and the rest AA.

Dow has cĺeared waivers.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
With all the talent on this year's roster, it is important fans show up this season--lease is up for renewal and Elliot Kerr wants better numbers, or it may be difficult for the franchise to stay in Mississauga:

https://www.mississauga.com/sports-...geting-lease-renewal-ahead-of-milestone-year/

The same story coul be written in Hamilton as well, as their AHL/OHL lease which was signed in 2013 and extended to 2018 expires at season's end with questions about whether the city will agree with Andlauer on renovations to FirstOntario or build a new arena, which the city declined to do last spring..

Dontdoubtthetrout

Dec 30, 2015
Any word on if any of the 8 Steelheads away at NHL camps are going to return tonight for home opener against Ottawa?

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Heard the coach this morning on the Fan590. Hague and Moverare have been returned to the S'heads. Didn't specify if they will be there tonight, but I would think so.
Read around the NJ Devils, a couple of writers give Mcleod a 50/50 chance of sticking.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Saw 2 exhibition games, Rippon has not looked special to me, but then again, exhibition. Tonight should show more of what he is capable of. BTW, I am certainly no scout, so others may feel different.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Would there be anyone interested in doing a gathering at some point either this season or next season. I've tried to do a mainstream post thread with little feedback would there be anyone interested in trying to reboot from Mississauga that would be interested in some sort of HF board gathering.

Any input from Steelheads fans would go along way to hopefully getting something started I realize that other posters have tried with little success on HFB in the past.

Whereabouts would this happen?

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Is Mississauga ever going to get things figured out? Offensively, like its counterpart down the QEW in Hamilton, they can't score.. is it because of a lot of players missing to NHL teams?

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Is Mississauga ever going to get things figured out? Offensively, like its counterpart down the QEW in Hamilton, they can't score.. is it because of a lot of players missing to NHL teams?
Tippet and Mcleod, both have been kept by their parent clubs, Tippet hasn't dressed for the two games Florida has played and Mcleod has been on NHL IR.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Anyone know why there hasn't been replays at the Hersh this year? I know Rogers has bailed locally here, but the games are still on inhouse camera.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
#NJDevils announce Michael McLeod underwent arthroscopic surgery for a torn meniscus in his left knee today
Wow hope for his sake he can recover. I have swelling in my left meniscus and I've been dealing with it for months. A tear is not good and knee surgery is touch and go.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Michnac is a great skater but he is killing the team with these penalties, now I see why he was available. Frustrating!

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
In all seriousness and without trying to be an ass what do you guys think has been the reason for the slow start (aside from the players away at camp)?

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Lines are not jelling, sometimes they can control the play for a good stretch, and not score. Ingraham makes some great saves but has been victimized on a couple as well. Seems as though their defense gives up too many close calls in front of the net as well, it seemed like that last year as well. A couple of close losses could have went the other way as well. IMHO

Steelman

Sep 26, 2016
The value of Saarjaarvi and Leblanc on the back-end was crucial to their success last year. It's hard to judge a team without their 2 best players, and 2 players that are top end OHL players bound for the world juniors. But without taking into account those 2, its hard to pinpoint the reasons why they're off to a horrible start.

1) Lack of game changers? (R.Mcleod, Hague ?)
2) Too many rookies on the back-end
3) Gibson in your top 4 as an OA
4) PIMS
5) 9 rookies
6) underwelming play by Ingham (due to bad defense and penalties)

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
The value of Saarjaarvi and Leblanc on the back-end was crucial to their success last year. It's hard to judge a team without their 2 best players, and 2 players that are top end OHL players bound for the world juniors. But without taking into account those 2, its hard to pinpoint the reasons why they're off to a horrible start.

1) Lack of game changers? (R.Mcleod, Hague ?)
2) Too many rookies on the back-end
3) Gibson in your top 4 as an OA
4) PIMS
5) 9 rookies
6) underwelming play by Ingham (due to bad defense and penalties)
Makes sense, didn't realize there were nine rookies in the lineup. I guess when the pundits predicted the team to win the conference they based it on things which haven't yet materialized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad