Mississauga Steelheads 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Scoreboarding: Barrie up 3-1, a Ottawa loss keeps the points even with the Trout having a a game in hand.

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Too bad the 67's were able to complete the comeback. Oh well it's in the Steelheads court now to win out and possibly move up to 6th if the Battalion lose out

Reactions: Tarantula

BarDownskie

Feb 3, 2018
HUGE game tonight in missy. I've never posted on this thread yet because I haven't seen the trout since their hot streak at the end of January. This team has the most potential to do damage this year in the east. I wouldn't necessarily call any win an upset given the talent on this team. But avoiding Hamilton until the 2nd round youd think would be key. Even with the 0-6 record against the Bulldogs this year, playoff experience will be huge in that series, 1st or 2nd round. IMO, I'd say Vella can be as good as Fulcher. Nothing personal against any player but I've noticed Fulcher has a hard time absorbing the puck. This will also be his 1st time PLAYING in the playoffs after playing behind Dawson Carty last year. Vella granted was behind Mcniven this time last year. But Owen sound went a lot deeper then 7 games.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
A lot of big games coming up, and alot can happen. Too bad the Trout didn't pick up a few more points along the way, fretted away a few chances this year. The big concern for everybody is injuries. Moving up would be nice, but a key player down would be tough sailing for most teams. I frankly don't know who I would say is a fav in the East, could go do many ways.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
A lot of big games coming up, and alot can happen. Too bad the Trout didn't pick up a few more points along the way, fretted away a few chances this year. The big concern for everybody is injuries. Moving up would be nice, but a key player down would be tough sailing for most teams. I frankly don't know who I would say is a fav in the East, could go do many ways.
I would think the Trout would play as hard as they could to move up in the standings as where they are now they got a date with the dogs :eek:

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I would think the Trout would play as hard as they could to move up in the standings as where they are now they got a date with the dogs :eek:
Both Barrie and Hamilton have been the better teams in the East and both will be a tough series to win. The Trout have to play smart hockey with either of them and get solid goaltending or it won't matter who they play.

Reactions: BarDownskie

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Solid game last night and have the lead on 7th now. Vella has been climbing up the goalie rankings of late as well. Nice to see a game like this going into the final week. Wells was back, which helps round out the D.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Yes, it was good to see a healthy crowd, the Hersh is a great arena, especially when there is a good crowd. Hopefully they can go through a few home dates for the playoffs.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Is Fox injured?
I would have to think so, nothing else makes sense. He has been a fixture with M McLeod all year.

Here go the playoffs, Barrie in the first round, Thurs and Mon, up the 400. Have my tickets for the two roadies, hopefully the Trout can play some disciplined hockey, no defensive lapses and get good goaltending as Barrie can score. Should be a interesting playoff season this year, looks like a good team or two could be out sooner then they hoped. Hopefully the Trout can spoil the spring for a few teams.

Reactions: Wolf2406

Wolf2406

Jan 15, 2018
I would have to think so, nothing else makes sense. He has been a fixture with M McLeod all year.

Here go the playoffs, Barrie in the first round, Thurs and Mon, up the 400. Have my tickets for the two roadies, hopefully the Trout can play some disciplined hockey, no defensive lapses and get good goaltending as Barrie can score. Should be a interesting playoff season this year, looks like a good team or two could be out sooner then they hoped. Hopefully the Trout can spoil the spring for a few teams.
It looked like playoff hockey today. Teams are playing much more carefully and staying out of the box thanks to the trout’s PP success. Plenty of hitting and gritty puck hunting though. Hope Foget doesn’t miss any game as the result of his blindside hit. He has been a very valuable player since arriving from Ottawa.
Looking forward to the playoffs. Hope the front end guys continue to support their backend. Rookies make up a good part of the Steelheads defence core. They have played very well and are maturing very quickly.
Go Trouts!

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Good point about Foget, see how the league deals with it. Surprised myself, not something I would expect from him of all players and at that situation.

Who starts in goal? Does JR just keep playing who won last? One could make a good cause for either. Looking forward to Thurs, nothing like the playoffs.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
It looked like playoff hockey today. Teams are playing much more carefully and staying out of the box thanks to the trout’s PP success. Plenty of hitting and gritty puck hunting though. Hope Foget doesn’t miss any game as the result of his blindside hit. He has been a very valuable player since arriving from Ottawa.
Looking forward to the playoffs. Hope the front end guys continue to support their backend. Rookies make up a good part of the Steelheads defence core. They have played very well and are maturing very quickly.
Go Trouts!

He's getting games. Pretty sure 1 or 2 are automatic. (Don't quote me, need to brush up on rules but pretty sure with his penalty it holds automatic games) . I'd say he's done for the 1st round which means his season is probably done.

It does suck when players who are generally hard working clean players such as foget does this but it was very boneheaded and the suspension is deserved none the less.

Hope Missy can give Barrie a run for their money.

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Losing Foget for at least a couple games definitely hurts as the Little-Foget-Tippett line has been their most consistent line in the 2nd half. Going to need the McLeods to step up and hopefully Fox isn't banged up and is good to go for game 1

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Sure would hurt having him out, hopefully the league goes light on him, as he isn’t normally like that. Hague only got two last year during the playoffs and that was a major foul that resulted in a concussion so who knows what he may get.

Reactions: Steel Fishbowl

jmkrangers

Aug 28, 2012
It's always bothered me that so many people in Canada care about the NCAA March Madness basketball tournament but the average person seems to know a lot less about the (far superior) CHL Playoffs and Memorial Cup (obviously this is because of the dramatic single-elimination bracket format of March Madness and all the media attention it gets). I've always thought it would be fun though to fill out some sort of CHL playoff bracket but since I've never really found a good way to do it online, I decided to try creating my own for this year. Although it's a bit complicated and not the most user-friendly, there's step-by-step instructions on the website that should help. So if want to give it a try go to: memorialcupbracket.weebly.com

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Sure would hurt having him out, hopefully the league goes light on him, as he isn’t normally like that. Hague only got two last year during the playoffs and that was a major foul that resulted in a concussion so who knows what he may get.

Yeah I don't think he has any history so that should help him out here. You're right that the league may go light on the punishment due to it being playoffs...I hope Larabie is ok

Wolf2406

Jan 15, 2018
Yeah I don't think he has any history so that should help him out here. You're right that the league may go light on the punishment due to it being playoffs...I hope Larabie is ok
That is really a good point about the Kingston kid. Hope he does not have a concussion- I was at the game but did not see the hit, the youngster was clearly hurting.
Matt and Cole Carter are Orleans kids and I have watched them for years. Both cut from the same cloth and are honest hard working kids. The hit was really uncharacteristic of Matt.
Looking forward to watching the Barrie series.
Go Trout!!!

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Yes, good point about the Kingston kid, didn't see the hit either. I thought I would check on him later to see if he dressed for their playoff games. I like no quarter hockey as much as anyone but there isn't room for that, haven't seen any suspension announced yet. He got a match in the last minute, I would think there is a automatic with that.

Should be a good series with Barrie, both teams can skate and score. Like how the Trout D has been better lately.

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
We will likely find out more on Larabie once Kingston's series starts but it didn't look good. Definitely no place in the game for that, especially with the clock winding down.

I think this series is going to come down to goaltending and which team's goalie can play well enough for them to win. While I'm not confident in Vella or Ingham, I think Lazarev is the most vulnerable from any of the contending teams so hopefully the Steelheads can take advantage

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Four games for Foget. The lines are going to be interesting, see what JR is going to do now, also curious about who starts in goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad