Mississauga Steelheads 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Good points SteelGirl. That was a pretty shortie Forget scored, I was worried about the 5 on 2 coming back if they missed, but Foget took care of that.

Ingham starting in goal against Erie on the road, seems as though their roles have changed. Hope he has a solid game.

Reactions: SteelGirl

Wolf2406

Jan 15, 2018
Another game that the Trout should/could phave won. Good that they came away with at least one point. The home and home with both Ottawa and North Bay are looking pretty big on the schedule.

Reactions: Tarantula

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I know, Erie is a botton feeding team, but road games are what they are, good thing they got a point. They have significantly reduced their goals against the last few games, and Moverare would certainly help. Seems like they are getting stronger as the end of the season comes. Looking forward to the rest of the season and a few rounds of the playoffs.

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Horrible 2nd period yesterday in Erie but outside of that, they played a really solid game. Ingham made the saves they needed and it was nice to see him have a bounce-back game. Difference was Daniel Murphy as he shut them down on a few breakaways and in OT where they had 9 shots

Wolf2406

Jan 15, 2018
It will be fun for the Steelheads on Wednesday morning to play in front of a full house of fans. It does not often it happen in Missy. Hope they give Kitch a run for their money.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I have been to a couple of these, seems so odd playing at that time and the regular routine I have is gone, I usually find somewhere to sit as my seat is in a section thats filled. At the risk of sounding like a crusty old man, I dislike these games myself but I realize how it helps the Trout build a base as the crowds get a boost after when the kids get their parents to take them to another game and for some kids it may be the only hockey they get to see other then TV, not everyone can afford to take their family to a game and all it can entail. The Trout tour the schools pretty heavy as well. It is the Rangers only visit as well, and I would like to see them. The kids do have fun when the Trout score.

Reactions: SYWTom

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I'm just jealous as there was nothing like this when I grew up out yonder. You know, I had to walk to school and it was uphill both ways through all the heavy snow even in May and September. Kids today...........
Tongue firmly in cheek! It is a fun atmosphere.

Reactions: Wolf2406

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Ingham looked good, tough season for him in his draft year so far, hasn't always had the best support. He covers all the lower shots, and little rebounds available.

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Same I am not a huge fan of the School Day games but it is a nice attendance boost for a team that desperately needs one. Hoping for a similar result as the last time these two teams met!

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Same I am not a huge fan of the School Day games but it is a nice attendance boost for a team that desperately needs one. Hoping for a similar result as the last time these two teams met!

The only road game they won that I have went to this year, I have went to 13 so far, and have seen games they should have won, and a couple of tough ones. Love the Aud. Beauty old arena. They have been playing much tighter since the NB game, seems like they are getting ready for playoff hockey.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Kit now missing their top 3 D for this one due to injuries and suspensions so should be a field day for Missy's forwards.

Ouch, that's a damn shame, thanks for the heads up. Was just about to read up on the matchup tomorrow. Thanks again for the info!

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Starting to feel Trout flu, a strange and ambigious condition that seems to kick in the night before a weekday school game during working hours that I haven't made prior arrangements to take off. Had it last fall as well.........

Wolf2406

Jan 15, 2018
I love watching the kids hoot and yell and get excited. I would have looked forward to it all year if I had an opportunity. I took my grandson to a game this year, he in the past had no interest in hockey or skating. Ha now can’t get enough skating time. IMO following the “home team” plays a big part in hooking kids into loving and playing the game. They all won’t make it to the O but they can dream.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I know, while the game is a bit of a nuisance for us regulars I see why they do these games, the kids get excited and it does lead to grassroot support, which is badly needed here. There is usually a attendance spike after these games, kids and their parents now show up, so some adult ticket sales as well. I'm not really that crusty, yet!!!

Hopefully another good game, since the kids are going jump around and yell, might as well be for Steelhead goals! These school day games mean more to the Trout then most franchises as it is basically word of mouth here.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Thanks again, always appreciate any info on the other team, I know the Trout, but not so well with the other teams so this info will make me look longer at the roster.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Thanks again, always appreciate any info on the other team, I know the Trout, but not so well with the other teams so this info will make me look longer at the roster.

Any time. Likewise. From where I sit, I like the Trout and Hamilton in the East. I sure wouldn't want to face them.

For tomorrow, Kit's top pairing is normally Hall (injured) and Stanley (suspended). Because of that, McEneny had been doing a great job as #1, but he got suspended. That moved Vallati and York into the top pair, but York has the flu. So to make up a D core tomorrow, you'll see a forward (Garreffa) playing D along with a junior B callup (Peterson).

Keep an eye on 16 year old Vukojevic. Former Mississauga Rebel and a rookie stand out.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Sure Carter wanted to have a better result against his old team. Close game, too bad the Trout couldn't have gotten to OT.

Wolf2406

Jan 15, 2018
Sure Carter wanted to have a better result against his old team. Close game, too bad the Trout couldn't have gotten to OT.
Yes it was a close game, Culina played a heck of a game, the Rangers really lucked out by taking a chance on acquiring him. The trout have to do a better job in supporting their backend guys in their own zone. Hope they tighten up defensively in Peterborough tomorrow.

Last edited:

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Tough loss for the team, need a big turnaround tonight against the Petes! Both of the games remaining against them are huge as with two losses the Petes would be right on our tails for the final playoff spot.

SteelGirl

Jan 21, 2018
Big game tonight for the Steelheads with the Pete's just 6 points back. They need to win if they hope to ever catch Oshawa (5 points up) or North Bay and Ottawa (both 6 points up).

Steelheads have been a few games below .500 now for what seems like an eternity. It's now or never....

Wolf2406

Jan 15, 2018
Big game tonight for the Steelheads with the Pete's just 6 points back. They need to win if they hope to ever catch Oshawa (5 points up) or North Bay and Ottawa (both 6 points up).

Steelheads have been a few games below .500 now for what seems like an eternity. It's now or never....
They are a mystery to me. They look good for a stretch then they look like an ninth place team.
The coach must be tearing out his hair. If they don’t start playing as a team with team goals rather than individual goals they could finish on the outside of the playoffs looking in.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Seems like their mistakes wind up in the net moreso then who they play. Poor Dzone coverage, Ingham did not have a strong game as a result. With you Wolf, this team has been like that all year.

That 1-9 starth had been quite a hill to climb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad