Miscellaneous NHL Talk, 2018 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
So, the Caps beat the Pens and TB. Well done, now you can lose for all I care.

I'm rooting for Vegas. It's great story.

The only problem is Uncle Gary will be rooting for them, too.

And if Vegas wins at home, Bettman might not get boo'd when he hands over the Cup.

That would be a problem.

Reactions: Rebels57

FlyerEra2010

May 20, 2010
Lakeville, MN
I guess I just have to accept from now on it can't be the Stanley Cup Finals without a Metro team I have to desperately root against being there. Okay, okay, it's way better than the Pens being that team, but still.

Vegas looked amazing against the Jets, but the Caps took the tougher route to the finals. I fully expect the Caps to win in like 5 games because of course they will. Hopefully Fleury stands on his head and Vegas ends this ridiculous story with the Cup.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Definitely rooting for the Knights but won't be upset if the Caps win. Would be their first Cup and OV's first Cup. He's so much more likable than a guy like Crosby and one of the best (if not the best) goal scorer of all time not named Gretzky.

Reactions: Rebels57

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Vegas needs to lose because the crying on here would be unbearable. :laugh:
I really don't understand the Vegas complaining. I understand the rules were changed for the ED and they were given a better opportunity than past expansion franchises, but there are few, if any, people that even thought this would be a playoff team let alone a Cup finalist. They got a couple guys with name recognition in the ED (Fleury and Neal) who most people I would imagine thought they were "meh" players heading in to the draft. Their biggest "get" was from Florida and even Marchessault and Smith weren't exactly thought to be guys that would have the season they did. They also got Schmidt from Washington but he's hardly a superstar. The rest of the team is pretty "meh" and comparable to past EDs at least on paper leading up to the draft. Just go look at the reactions to the team. Most people had them finishing last in the West and most last in the NHL. They just did better than everyone thought and made the right moves in the ED. There were a lot of guys they could have taken that would have put them in that last place area.

I don't think anyone truly expected this and I don't expect it to happen with Seattle. I believe the changed rules were done to give the new team a chance to have a marketable player (like Fleury) and a good building foundation for the future so as to not suck completely for 4-5 years.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Let's go caps but I like allot of players in Vegas. Lots of guts on both these teams. Gonna be a hard hitting tight checking affair. Love it. Wilson better watch out for Reaves also. Vegas has a cure for Wilson lol. Great hockey coming up.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I cant root for any team that has James Neal on the roster. I also enjoy the hell out of Ovechkin and hope he wins. I also hope Reaves and Wilson beat each other up so badly they both can never play hockey again.

Reactions: kelmitchell

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
So, the two most talented teams are going home.
So much for speed and skill!

Washington played a "heavy" game and it worked, despite Holtby looking almost as shaky as Elliott with those bad rebounds.
Vegas showed that speed with a strong backcheck and defensive responsibility beats speed and skill (at least when you have a goalie on fire).
Washington showed that playing "heavy" with veteranosity works, if you have some skill.

The game has changed over the last decade, but it hasn't changed that much.
You need speed and skill now, but also size and 'tude.
And oh yeah, a good goalie.

Reactions: hatcher

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
So, the two most talented teams are going home.
So much for speed and skill!

Washington played a "heavy" game and it worked, despite Holtby looking almost as shaky as Elliott with those bad rebounds.
Vegas showed that speed with a strong backcheck and defensive responsibility beats speed and skill (at least when you have a goalie on fire).
Washington showed that playing "heavy" with veteranosity works, if you have some skill.

Winnipeg are the 3rd heaviest team in the league, and full of veterans. Vegas' top 7 forwards were skilled enough to average 59 points in 74 games in the regular season.

Your narratives make no sense at all anymore. I suspect another full year of thinking up excuses for Simple Hak finally broke your brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->