Misc. NHL Talk 2017/18 Regular Season: Chapter 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I’d add to Simmonds, Hagg, and the STL pick too and I don’t just mean a 3rd — something significant. It needs another asset between the 1st and Simmonds in value to even come close to getting Toronto to think. But there’s still no reason for Toronto to consider it, sadly.

Always underestimate GMs!

I would humorously/horrifically like to know if Hextall would actually decline that deal though.

So, shall we move on to Boston trading us Pastrnak?

Last edited:

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It's still tight checking.
Apparently not. Which is a good thing, because it proves he's legit and is doing this with his own skill.

They changed coaches coming into this year. The previous years they played a more conservative system with trying limit shots, chances, goals, etc. This year with a new coach they’re often getting outshot by a fair margin nightly. So it’s not coming as easy for Hart like it perhaps was in previous seasons.

They are a pretty up and down team this year. Only Vancouver and Victoria have given up more shots than Everett. Last year they allowed the fewest (22 teams). Their previous coach Kevin Constantine was notorious for running a very goalie friendly system which gave me some pause, but he's gone and Hart has gotten better. The other Everett goalies have a combined .892 SV% this year so I wouldn't say he's a system goalie.

On D they have 4 2000 born, 2 1999 born, and 1 1997 born player. They are the 7th youngest team in the league.

Hart is the only player that has been drafted on the team.

I think he's pretty good.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He doesn't this year. They have new coach.

Their backup has played 4 games and has 1.75 GAA and .952 SV%....then 2 other backups played 6 games and sucked.

Given that it's not just Hart producing good numbers, there is merit to saying it's just not Hart. Personally, I have no idea as I have not watched them at all but maybe Hatcher has living in BC.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Their backup has played 4 games and has 1.75 GAA and .952 SV%....then 2 other backups played 6 games and sucked.

Given that it's not just Hart producing good numbers, there is merit to saying it's just not Hart. Personally, I have no idea as I have not watched them at all but maybe Hatcher has living in BC.
I'll go ahead and trust what LoD and Flyguy said instead.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I'll go ahead and trust what LoD and Flyguy said instead.
As you should as they have proven to be reliable in viewings of other guys.

I was just pointing out that the main backup has great numbers with his SSS as well. It surprised me when I saw it.

Off topic, Hockey Central is interviewing a country music singer...Brett Kissell. @Captain Dave Poulin will have to check out his music....lol.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
As you should as they have proven to be reliable in viewings of other guys.

I was just pointing out that the main backup has great numbers with his SSS as well. It surprised me when I saw it.

Off topic, Hockey Central is interviewing a country music singer...Brett Kissell. @Captain Dave Poulin will have to check out his music....lol.

I saw that stupid thing lol - the kid not only is a country music idiot, but an Oilers fan. Total waste of DNA.

Reactions: Rebels57 and Tripod

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I'm surprised by Yeo. I thought replacing Hitchcock with him was wasting their window, but it seems to work pretty well.
This may be their year after all. I'll be rooting for them. I've always liked the Blues and the Flyers won't make any noise anyway.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The only way Schenn is for real is he suddenly got into shape and motivated after four years of being a slightly above average skater and ho hum defensive center in Philly.
The "system" never held Couts back.

The problem of course if Schenn did get motivated and in shape, as soon as you give him a big money extension in a year or two, watch him revert back to his old self.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Schenn's physical fitness was never really a problem. He wasn't slow or lazy, he just wasn't the smartest player and was crazy inconsistent.

Origina1Master

Mar 15, 2015
Like I have said before, Schenn is still mostly the same player he was with us. He can make good plays in the offensive zone but he’s prone to losing battles and making bad decisions with the puck. He’s very opportunistic though and has a pretty good shot. I’ve always really liked him and he is a really good fit with the blues who as a team can really use his strengths and make up for his weaknesses.

I’ve been a fan of the Blues the last few years and since the trade I’ve been torn on how I want them to do. At first I wanted them to do badly so we get a better draft pick, but since it doesn’t look like that’s happening, I will continue to root for them. I do wish Schenn the best, but ideally not this much since now we have to constantly hear about it.

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
A guy who won't be named was named 1st star of the week. And he is on Hockey Central right now getting interviewed.

"St.Louis plays a style of hockey that suits me"

Zac Rinaldo was traded to St. Louis?

But seriously....Bob hurts the most because we are still wondering who will ever be our Lundqvist and end this goalie carousel with short-term stop gaps. Stupid Bryz pulled one over on us and we fell for it like dolts....

I remember how Bryz was in awe over Bob's work ethic in training camp and practice. Meanwhile Bryz was sleeping on the bench and being a space cadet off the ice with his folksy "why you heff to....." bs....ugh

explosive skating

Jul 5, 2015
This season, I'd bet on Coburn or Hartnell.

They were complementary pieces. On the other hand, Schenn and Bobs started their NHL careers with Flyers and were let go too early. I would add JVR to this poll. Another young stud they gave up for nothing.

So, JVR, Schenn, Bobs or Flyers? :popcorn:

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Gotta admit, I don't know why seeing ex-Flyers win a cup bothers so many on here.

I could understand if the person left on bad terms, but that isn't the case.

All those guys are perfectly likable and I have no issue with any winning a cup (ignoring the teams they're on. JVR can't win until he leaves the Leafs).

Reactions: JojoTheWhale
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->