Misc. NHL Talk 2017/18 Regular Season: Chapter 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Yeah Zherdev really was ridiculous when he wanted to be. Maybe Filatov is a better comparable?

He has 2 points less than filatov in half as many games. Way better than Filatov.

Ho-Sang is a lot like Jake. He is a playmaking winger and you have to center those guys properly. As much as I like the Jake Giroux combo they sometimes get too pass happy. Ho- Sang needs a goal scoring centerman like Seguin, Mackinnon, or possibly Patrick.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
He has 2 points less than filatov in half as many games. Way better than Filatov.

Ho-Sang is a lot like Jake. He is a playmaking winger and you have to center those guys properly. As much as I like the Jake Giroux combo they sometimes get too pass happy. Ho- Sang needs a goal scoring centerman like Seguin, Mackinnon, or possibly Patrick.
I'm just talking more about attitude and talent combo. Similar attitude to Zherdev but less talent. Similar attitude to Filatov but more talent? I can't think of another guy but they all seem to be Russian.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Ho-Sang will never be as good as Voracek. If he is even half as productive as Jake one day I will be surprised.

Very few wingers in the NHL drive play as well as Voracek.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I believe I saw this somewhere:

Laine has 12 goals in March. The rest of the Jets team has 15.

That's crazy!

Funny thing is, there was a thread on the main boards towards the end of January predicting that Laine would have a record-breaking February. He was good but not great. Now in March he is unstoppable.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Also re: the draft lottery..

Vancouver really is the only team that I wouldn't be dissapointed to see win it.

The only other Western Teams in the mix are Arizona, Edmonton, Chicago, Calgary and St. Louis, but the Isles have Calgarys pick.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
The team that vegas picked i thought they were a shoe in for the top 5 lol colardo i knew they could be way better than they have played
Still a huge turnaround from last year- it reminds me, statistically, of the 06/07 to 07/08 Flyers; finish dead last by far one year, earn over forty more points the next season and make the playoffs.

All they had to do was ditch Duchene :laugh:

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Ho-Sang will never be as good as Voracek. If he is even half as productive as Jake one day I will be surprised.

I don't know about that. JHS has a lot of non-hockey-related issues, but his talent is evident. I don't think he ever will be as good as Jake, but if he can get his head on straight I think he can be a good hockey player and put up 50-60 points per season. I mean he's already scoring at a .5 PPG pace on a crappy team with all his off-ice issues.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
The Islanders may be a crappy team, but it's because they can't keep the puck out of their own net. They are one of the highest scoring teams in the league. Ho Sang's production in the AHL isn't exactly breathtaking. He's scoring at a lower rate this year than last year.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

Trust me when i say there was no comparison being made between one of the best forwards in the game vs a player who has yet to play a full season. The comparison was in their unique ability to be playmakers from the wing.

Reactions: Rebels57

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
So if I'm reading the standings correctly, if the playoffs started today, Colorado vs. Vegas would be a series.

Raise your hand if you predicted that possibility in the preseason.

Twitter-visible analytical types have been a recent talking point, so it's worth pointing out that the Avalanche hired one
prominent one and one with ~1500 Followers. I know Carolina, Arizona, and the previous Florida regime are pointed toward as leaning in that direction, but it's worth pointing out the others too. It's not necessarily the teams that jump to mind.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The thing with Colorado is their season last year was on par with those Buffalo teams that tanked. I’m not going to say their roster was good last year but it wasn’t that bad either. They still likely would have been classified as a bad team last year but not that bad. Everything seemingly went wrong in the worst possible way for them last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->