Player Discussion Miro Heiskanen 3rd overall 2017 Draft (signed ELC)

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Miro scored his first men's national team goal yesterday's EHT ( Euro Hockey Tour) game vs Russia.
Finland won 3-2 and Miro was player of the game ( 1st star).

Finland's next EHT game is tomorrow ( Saturday) vs Sweden and Sunday Finland faces team Canada.

Miro's first goal in men's national team.

Last edited:

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Uusi tähti syttymässä! Leijonakonkarit listaavat: tämän takia Miro Heiskanen, 18, on niin ilmiömäinen | Leijonat

Miro impressed his teammates in his first game in men's national team.
Team Finland defenders Sami Lepistö ( former NHL defenceman and Eeli Tolvanen's teammate from Jokerit) and Atte Ohtamaa praises Miro and his debut.

English comment of Sami Lepistö.
I have paid special attention to his skating.
It's really light looking and fast it sticks to the eye and his game looks really good and mature.
He sees the ice constantly really well. He immediately showed he's a good player. Great to follow his game.

English comment of Atte Ohtamaa ( Eeli Tolvanen's teammate from Jokerit).
He's versatile talent and he has all the top features.
Besides he has a hard faith in his own making.
It's important that he dared to do his own things on the ice.
These are tough games

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Lauri Marjamäki ylisti kernaasti Leijonien superlupausta - "Piti ihan hieroa silmiä, kun katsoi häntä" | SuomiKiekko

Also Team Finland head coach Lauri Marjamäki was impressed Miro's men's national team debut.
Here's English comments for coach Marjamäki.

Miro is excellent defenceman i just had to rub the eyes when I looked at his playing.
First men's national team game and moves all the time so smoothly.
All solutions with the puck were there and he was able to support offence and first men's national team goal was the crown.

Miro is good player and it is no coincidence that he got drafted so high in this years NHL draft.
Others have seen it too he's good player.

marty182

Jul 19, 2013
anyone knows what happened with Miro? He didn't play yesterday, and on eliteprospects he listed as injured

serp

Jan 17, 2016
anyone knows what happened with Miro? He didn't play yesterday, and on eliteprospects he listed as injured

Someone in the prospects thread wrote he was slightly banged up and getting rested as a result.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Someone in the prospects thread wrote he was slightly banged up and getting rested as a result.

It was this situation where Heiskanen got slightly banged up.

Ilves defenceman Juuso Pulli tried hit on Heiskanen and cut front of him.
Heiskanen didn't injure himself which is good but Pulli didn't got a penalty.

Yes that situation looks bad but still no penalty ( i don't know why).
I don't know how this situation would called in NHL.
But i guess this is a clear penalty in NHL ( 2min for interference at least)

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Miro Heiskanen 1st game back after injury. 2 goals - one solo effort on the PK and still 13min left. Not bad...

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Well, yeah, kinda. Concussions have hindered more than a few careers. And, having trouble absorbing hits, leading to long periods on IR (see, Martin Hanzel) can be troublesome.

Some great careers have been hobbled by injuries, so while they all get hurt once in a while, twice since being drafted by the Stars is at least something worth watching, even if I am premature in worrying about it.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Over on the trade rumors page, NYR fans are sure hot to have us trade Miro for McDonaugh. Our board is resisting.

When you think about it, it will be nice to have a young, mobile D corps, with some size, all done by drafting or trading for high ranked draft picks.

Lindell (DAL 2) - Klingberg (DAL 5, our steal round)
Miro (DAL 1) - Johns (CHI 2)
Heatherington (CBJ 2) - Honka (Dal 1)

In a year or two, DAL might be recognized for D again, perhaps comparing with WPG and MN as teams who built their D via the draft. All solid, one or two All Stars, etc. And, the "handedness" seems to work well, as does the puck carrier/stay at home balance. Patyern and Methot spotted in situationally.

masinaLFC

Apr 2, 2014
Banska Bystrica, SVK
Over on the trade rumors page, NYR fans are sure hot to have us trade Miro for McDonaugh. Our board is resisting.

When you think about it, it will be nice to have a young, mobile D corps, with some size, all done by drafting or trading for high ranked draft picks.

Lindell (DAL 2) - Klingberg (DAL 5, our steal round)
Miro (DAL 1) - Johns (CHI 2)
Heatherington (CBJ 2) - Honka (Dal 1)

In a year or two, DAL might be recognized for D again, perhaps comparing with WPG and MN as teams who built their D via the draft. All solid, one or two All Stars, etc. And, the "handedness" seems to work well, as does the puck carrier/stay at home balance. Patyern and Methot spotted in situationally.

I like those pairs a lot :)

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I like those pairs a lot :)

Same here. That D corps has a bit of everything. Sign a vet for your 7th D and we're set

Miro and Kling on the #1 PP and Lindell and Honka on #2

Our D and possible our goaltending is in good shape for the future. We need to work on our forwards, mostly center

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad