MIRACLE on ICE - Swiss Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

espo*

Great game by the Swiss.............they came to play!!! tactically sound and pulled off without a hitch.Gerber was fantastic and smothered everything,his defense supported him wonderfully also.

Brutal game by the canucks.No rythm or communication amongst forwards and defensmen,terrible penalties at the worst times,tottaly frustrating hockey sense displayed and not enough urgency until too late.Passing plays up ice and in the Swiss end were terrible.Bad d-zone coverage.There was not one good thing to take from that game for Canada,they were awful.

Dec 29, 2004
Nihilism said:
How are the Americans doin?

Pretty good, I think they probably enjoyed watching you get humiliated by the underdog.

KariyaIsGod*

#37 said:
Pretty good, I think they probably enjoyed watching you get humiliated by the underdog.

I think we'll all enjoy watching the USA go home without a medal...

KariyaIsGod*

knight44 said:
Dude if your a canadian Fan, you just prove my point that canadian fans are sore losers. Just accept you guys got beat by a team that you guys should have killed!. The Swiss beat you and the way they are playing right now they will medal!

No, no they won't.

They got absolutely dominated.

Martin Gerber stole this game. Won't happen time and time again.

Be proud of your two wins but don't get ahead fo yourself.

KariyaIsGod*

Mules said:
At this point, Canada is not guaranteed either.

Well, Team Canada is FAR better than Team USA so they have a much better shot.

Team USA isn't as good as Canada, Russia, Sweden, the Czechs, the Slovaks or the Finns... Good luck with the medal pursuit.

Mules

Jan 28, 2004
DrMoses said:
No, no they won't.

They got absolutely dominated.

Martin Gerber stole this game. Won't happen time and time again.

Be proud of your two wins but don't get ahead fo yourself.
What is wrong in having two awesome goaltending to win games? Flames, Ducks have gone to SC finals riding on hot goaltending. That dude only predicts that Swiss can be in medal round and basically he is right. Swiss just need one more win to get to quaterfinals and anything can happen afterwards.

The same like Canada. They won two and just need one more win to get into quaterfinals. After that, the game is played on ice.

twelve

May 19, 2005
psycho_dad said:
I just have hard time understanding how Canada failed to create scoring opportunities from close range. Finland scored almost all their goals against switzerland from a very close range, and swiss did not seem to have ANY chance to stop them from finding openings. Canada should be the most physical team and is well known for winning the battles infront of both nets. Finland did not give Gerber a chance to shine because they scored on onetimers from 1 meter away. Whats wrong with Canada if they cant do the same?

Switzerland learned from that loss.
They learned real fast ...

Mules

Jan 28, 2004
DrMoses said:
Well, Team Canada is FAR better than Team USA so they have a much better shot.

Team USA isn't as good as Canada, Russia, Sweden, the Czechs, the Slovaks or the Finns... Good luck with the medal pursuit.
And who cares? It may be true on the paper but unfortunately, the game is played on ice.

Get used to that fact :D
PS: And thanks for the well wishes..we may need it. But at least we admit that we need it :p:

KariyaIsGod*

Mules said:
What is wrong in having two awesome goaltending to win games? Flames, Ducks have gone to SC finals riding on hot goaltending. That dude only predicts that Swiss can be in medal round and basically he is right. Swiss just need one more win to get to quaterfinals and anything can happen afterwards.

The same like Canada. They won two and just need one more win to get into quaterfinals. After that, the game is played on ice.

The fact is, no matter how you slice it, the Swiss are at best the 7th or 8th best team in this tournament. Their chances of medaling are slim.

Dec 29, 2004
DrMoses said:
I think we'll all enjoy watching the USA go home without a medal...

I doubt you will enjoy it half as much as I enjoyed watching you get spanked by the Swiss... 2-0. No way.

Mules

Jan 28, 2004
#37 said:
I doubt you will enjoy it half as much as I enjoyed watching you get spanked by the Swiss... 2-0. No way.
Hehee.. ;) Seriously, I loved it when the Swiss won. It was an eye opener for some fans.

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
#37 said:

Not sure what game you watched, but Canada didn't get spanked. They lost 2-0 to a defected Canadian who got a couple lucky goals and couldn't beat a hot goaltender with what, 50 shots? Please. There's a difference between a fortunate win, and a spanking.

MeatTornado

I was born ready
Oct 25, 2004
Vancouver
The Swiss deserved it. Canada blew it with their aweful powerplay (Gerber was also AMAZING). The officiating wasn't great on either side, way too many penalties called, lots of weak calls going both ways, but hey, good for the Swiss, this is a huge win for them. Hopefully this will serve as a wakeup call for Canada.

KariyaIsGod*

#37 said:

I dunno...

We'll be watching holding medals...

So I'm sure we'll enjoy it plenty.

knight44

Jul 31, 2005
Toronto
Will the canadian fans ever grow up, they make like 6 million excuses why they lost today. Well the reason why they lost is becuse they under estimated the Swiss, the swiss were checking them every chance they got. Gerber was amazing, the swiss play well together as a team, their d dont even let rebounds. To say the win was a fluke just shows how the canadian fans dont respect any other countries players, its quite funny really. In the world juniors they boo'ed the american national anthem, and now i guess this is just the pay back from the "hockey gods" for the classless canadian fans. They should shut up and accept their loss and think about thier next game like thier players are!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad