Minor League Thread 2017-18: Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Gropp better figure out over the off-season if he wants to make the pro's or be playing in some Euro league the rest of his life. With his skill set, he should have been at least 15 G, 20 A his rookie AHL year. Overall, the second round in that draft is looking dismal. Gropp is leading the way. Don't know if he's being scratched or he is brittle and is missing games with injuries. Either way, he's freakin sucked this year.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Gropp better figure out over the off-season if he wants to make the pro's or be playing in some Euro league the rest of his life. With his skill set, he should have been at least 15 G, 20 A his rookie AHL year. Overall, the second round in that draft is looking dismal. Gropp is leading the way. Don't know if he's being scratched or he is brittle and is missing games with injuries. Either way, he's freakin sucked this year.
What skillset? Getting fed Barzal passes?

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
I'm not going to argue that Gropp had a great year or is a sure fire NHL player but he has missed 17 games with injuries (out multiple games at least two different times) and Hartford hasn't exactly had a player playing center like Barzal on the team. Earlier in the year he was playing with Fogarty with his ten assists this year as his center. So let's see if Gropp shows improvement and can stay healthy next year before we throw him overboard. And if he doesn't I'll join in throwing him overboard.

Reactions: Ola

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Pack signed David Hallisey to an ATO. Four year guy at Princeton, had 38 points (18-20) in 36 games his senior year. Undersized at 5'10".

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Pack signed David Hallisey to an ATO. Four year guy at Princeton, had 38 points (18-20) in 36 games his senior year. Undersized at 5'10".
Just glancing at the Tigers' roster, looks like he's the only senior on the squad worth a peek. There are four undrafted players – three juniors and a sophomore – all returning for this year (can't blame them, it's a fantastic place to go to school), who will be worth watching next spring, however:

Jr. Max Véronneau , F, RHS, 6'0", 180 lbs, 17-38-55 in 36 GP – ECAC leader in both scoring and assists.
Jr. Ryan Kuffner, F, LHS, 6'1", 195 lbs, 29-23-52 in 36 GP – ECAC leader in goals.
So. Jackson Cressey, F, RHS, 6'0", 180 lbs, 13-25-38 in 36 GP – tied Hallisey for 6th in the league in scoring.
Jr. Josh Teves, D, RHS, 6'0", 180 lbs, 7-26-33 in 31 GP – ECAC leader in both scoring and assists for defensemen (ahead of Fox).

Shit, are any of those kids still eligible to be drafted? Just stat surfing, obviously, but all four of them look to be worth a late round pick, at least.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
None of these guys are draft eligible. Top free agent possibilities this year and if they return to school will be top prospects next year.
Just glancing at the Tigers' roster, looks like he's the only senior on the squad worth a peek. There are four undrafted players – three juniors and a sophomore – all returning for this year (can't blame them, it's a fantastic place to go to school), who will be worth watching next spring, however:

Jr. Max Véronneau , F, RHS, 6'0", 180 lbs, 17-38-55 in 36 GP – ECAC leader in both scoring and assists.
Jr. Ryan Kuffner, F, LHS, 6'1", 195 lbs, 29-23-52 in 36 GP – ECAC leader in goals.
So. Jackson Cressey, F, RHS, 6'0", 180 lbs, 13-25-38 in 36 GP – tied Hallisey for 6th in the league in scoring.
Jr. Josh Teves, D, RHS, 6'0", 180 lbs, 7-26-33 in 31 GP – ECAC leader in both scoring and assists for defensemen (ahead of Fox).

****, are any of those kids still eligible to be drafted? Just stat surfing, obviously, but all four of them look to be worth a late round pick, at least.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

****, are any of those kids still eligible to be drafted? Just stat surfing, obviously, but all four of them look to be worth a late round pick, at least.
Veronneau was in dev camp with Vegas. He's one of the top names out there as far as UDFA players go. Kuffner is another top name. He was in camp with the Jets. I haven't read much on Teves or anything really on Cressey. Doesn't mean the latter two aren't good prospects, I just haven't ready any buzz on them. They're all eligible to be signed though.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Here's another one:

2018-04-05Tyson Helgesen (D)HartfordADDSigned to ATO
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Big, tough, shutdown-type D out of Spokane in the WHL. Two-year captain. Went 6-23-29 in all 72 games this year with 102 PIM. That's two years in a row he played 72 games and had 29 points. I actually remember him from a game I watched last year where he fought Kolesar. He skated pretty well, and not just for a big guy. I'd bet this guy, unless he looks like total shit, is back for prospect camp next season. It would be great if he looks decent and earns a contract as he's a different type of defenseman than what we have. We have a lot of guys that are more offensively-oriented, or at least PMD's. This guy is not that.

His brother was a Ducks pick and is a career ECHL'er.

Last edited:

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
I just remembered that Joe Snively kid from Yale who was at our development camp, he was good, his name kept coming up. Not a tremendous counting stats year for an undersized player but he was way ahead of anyone on his team

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I just remembered that Joe Snively kid from Yale who was at our development camp, he was good, his name kept coming up. Not a tremendous counting stats year for an undersized player but he was way ahead of anyone on his team

Yeah I like him too, Farabee light type.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
They keep rolling in.

2018-04-06Jason Salvaggio (LW)HartfordADDSigned to ATO
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

This guy played for UNH. His first year, he had two points. His second year, he had six points. As a Junior, he had 36 points in 40 games. Then this season, he dropped off to 16 in 36. Seems like a weird invite. 6'0" even, 190, so it's not like he's got great size. And he's 23. Wheeee.

Reactions: Salvage21

Salvage21

Jan 11, 2009
The Poconos, PA
They keep rolling in.

2018-04-06Jason Salvaggio (LW)HartfordADDSigned to ATO
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
This guy played for UNH. His first year, he had two points. His second year, he had six points. As a Junior, he had 36 points in 40 games. Then this season, he dropped off to 16 in 36. Seems like a weird invite. 6'0" even, 190, so it's not like he's got great size. And he's 23. Wheeee.

Legitimately need him to become some kind of folk hero for the pack so I can get my last name on a jersey and have it be an actual player.

Reactions: nyr2k2

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
What the heck has gotten into Morrison. He has 21 points in 7 playoff games. Basically, wrote him off as a prospect. Hmmm.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad