Minor League Thread 2017-18: Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Rock bottom when the opposing goalie is taking a shot and scores on your empty net... big F U to the WP.

Blow it all up... season is over really... embaressing... once again.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Rock bottom when the opposing goalie is taking a shot and scores on your empty net... big F U to the WP.

Not surprising. The team that is full of barely b- and c-level prospects, not enough veteran leadership and weak in goal.

Reactions: Osminator

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014

I don't think I've ever seen you post something positive about the Wolf Pack :laugh:

Reactions: Osminator

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
I don't think I've ever seen you post something positive about the Wolf Pack :laugh:
Hahahaha... what reason have they given me in the past years? Zero :-P
I've been following the team since the Binghamton Rangers days, heck, I even flew over from Europe to Hartford to catch live 3 in 3 home games in the Calder Cup championship year (2000)... The day Kris Newbury left is when things went downhill hahahaha

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
If anything the Wolfpack has done better than anyone one could expect. It was clear from the beginning that there was going to be a steep learning curve--given how young team is and how little depth there is in the organization. Plus, realistically it was a lot to ask a young European goaltender to figure out the smaller rinks from the get-go. If half the team wasn't playing in the NHL they'd be in the thick of the playoff race.

The results this year are the direct result of the way this organization has been run for the last 5-7 years. The outcome this season has been coming for a long time. Moving forward it's up to Gorton, Sather and Drury et al to restock the organization with players who will form a new core as well as give them some depth throughout the organization Hartford would get better too.

Easier said then done.

Last edited:

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
It’s not terribly surprising.

There’s a steep drop after Andersson, Chytil and Lettieri.

A bunch of their defenseman and their starting goalie are in the AHL.

This team was very much about developing a handful of players this season. And all things considered, that’s not necessarily a bad thing.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
It’s not terribly surprising.

There’s a steep drop after Andersson, Chytil and Lettieri.

A bunch of their defenseman and their starting goalie are in the AHL.

This team was very much about developing a handful of players this season. And all things considered, that’s not necessarily a bad thing.

Has Boo regressed since his demotion?

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Has Boo regressed since his demotion?

I think Boo is what he is - a fourth line prospect.

Even at the AHL level, offense was never going to be his selling point. In other words, he wasn’t one of those guys who produces at a higher clip at the lower levels and then settles into a bottom line role at the NHL level.

Not that I’ve ever been a huge Nieves fan. That’s pretty well documented going back almost 6 years now.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I think Boo is what he is - a fourth line prospect.

Even at the AHL level, offense was never going to be his selling point. In other words, he wasn’t one of those guys who produces at a higher clip at the lower levels and then settles into a bottom line role at the NHL level.

Not that I’ve ever been a huge Nieves fan. That’s pretty well documented going back almost 6 years now.

Fair enough.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Pack stats not all that impressive. Thought Gropp would have a Cy Young debut but 10-6-16 not good at all. Looking forward to the infusion of better talent next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad