Minor League Thread 2017-18: Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I wouldn't be surprised to see the team let Stromwall go back to Sweden. He was abysmal, and unlike Kovacs, doesn't have age as an excuse.

pollmi01

Nov 23, 2008
Scotch Plains, NJ
So this is Hartfords corps next year as of now?

Beck (if resigned) - Nieves - Gropp
Joly (if signed) - Tambellini - Gettinger
Fontaine - Strömwall - Kovacs
Leedahl - Fogarty - Lettieri
Forward comments - We need help up front. Lots of it as it looks now - especially when Hrivik and Jenssen both look to bolt. At least 3 more guys here I would think. We cannot let these kids get thrown into the fire on an already lousy team

Graves
Gilmour
Pionk
Kampfer
Pedri
Zborovskiy
Day

Paliotta (if resigned)
Defense comments - Looks better than one could have hoped for a while ago. Will see what happens on The Big Club first. I expect to see one more European D signing
Perhaps one of Simek, Rutta or Borgman
Kampfer - moves up as a cheap #7 D in NYC maybe?

Nell
Halvorsen

Goalie comments - Skapski? Maybe he is not qualified
Hellbergs decision awaits what happens to Rantaa at the entry draft I would presume

Looks pretty accurate. My guess is Ronning swaps with Gettinger, who still has juniors eligibility. I think Ty has publicly said he's ready to turn pro.

Fontaine is supposed to be a good 2-way, defensive center, so slot him in at C.

I think we have the ability to sign Morrison and put him in the A, too,but we haven't shown signs of interest seemingly . So you could possibly add his name to the mix. Anyone know more about us signing him?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So this is Hartfords corps next year as of now?

Beck (if resigned) - Nieves - Gropp
Joly (if signed) - Tambellini - Gettinger
Fontaine - Strömwall - Kovacs
Leedahl - Fogarty - Lettieri
Forward comments - We need help up front. Lots of it as it looks now - especially when Hrivik and Jenssen both look to bolt. At least 3 more guys here I would think. We cannot let these kids get thrown into the fire on an already lousy team

Graves
Gilmour
Pionk
Kampfer
Pedri
Zborovskiy
Day

Paliotta (if resigned)
Defense comments - Looks better than one could have hoped for a while ago. Will see what happens on The Big Club first. I expect to see one more European D signing
Perhaps one of Simek, Rutta or Borgman
Kampfer - moves up as a cheap #7 D in NYC maybe?

Nell
Halvorsen

Goalie comments - Skapski? Maybe he is not qualified
Hellbergs decision awaits what happens to Rantaa at the entry draft I would presume

Gettinger can't play in the AHL, not old enough. Tambellini is a winger, Stromwall is also a winger, Fontaine is a center. I'd move Tambellini to the top line to be the winger on that line. I also think Fontaine will go back to junior or play in the ECHL. I don't think he'd do well in the AHL next season.

I agree with nyr2k2 about Stromwall going back. I don't even see the spot for him. He's going to be 23 to start the season and he sucks at the AHL level. Let him go.

Graves could probably start next season in the NHL, but with Bereglazov's presence, maybe not. I see no way Bereglazov will start next season in the AHL, so we'd need to clear a lot of NHL room to get Graves to start next season in the NHL as he won't be the 7th D, but he should be the first call up. I don't think they are going to have Kampfer as the 7D. I think its more likely that it'll be whoever can't be moved between Klein and Holden. Otherwise, its a crowded D in Hartford next season. We should try to get Paliotta resigned, if possible. Clendening is also under contract with the big club. We know AV doesn't like him. He could start in Hartford. Maybe they won't resign Paliotta, and will instead play Clendening down there.

Beck-Veteran-Tambellini
Joly-Nieves-Kovacs
Gropp-Catenacci/other Veteran-Veteran
Leedahl-Fogarty-Lettieri
Chapie

Graves-Paliotta
Kampfer-Pionk
Gilmour-Zborovskiy
Day-Pedrie

Nell
Halverson

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Looks pretty accurate. My guess is Ronning swaps with Gettinger, who still has juniors eligibility. I think Ty has publicly said he's ready to turn pro.

Fontaine is supposed to be a good 2-way, defensive center, so slot him in at C.

I think we have the ability to sign Morrison and put him in the A, too,but we haven't shown signs of interest seemingly . So you could possibly add his name to the mix. Anyone know more about us signing him?

I think Ronning and Fontaine are both ECHL bound, if they want to play pro hockey next season. Morrison as well if he's signed and wants to play pro hockey.

I think Gropp and Zborovskiy are ready to start in the AHL. Day could go either way, really. I'm not sure he'd play pro hockey, if it was only a chance to play in the ECHL and I think the Rangers want to get him into the pro hockey mix to have better control of his development, so I could see sheltered 4th pairing minutes in Hartford next season for him.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Pretty complete, thanks

I am not convinced Jensen will walk to Europe, he had a great North America season, has reason to believe he is close to NHL

I am not as confident as PB that Bereglazov wont start with some AHL, maybe ease him into the rinks, the hits, the language, the culture; i could see for him the McD/Hagelin model, a few months down, then up for good

Okasanen not mentioned, he finished strong, was not a liaibility in his HWP games, but is free to sign anywhere (like Joly)

I expect Gettinger and Ronning could be back in Jr,
Morrison too, if ELC'd, but seems he may be off the ELC track with signings of Leedahl and Lettieri and ELCs to F draftees a year later

Clendening is just one of our dozen RFAs at all levels -
Zib, Oscar, Fast, Pirri, Puempel, Clendening,
Jensen, Beck, Catenacci, Paliotta, Skapski
Donnay(virtual lock to NOT be QO'd),

The incredibly deep but young D is remarkable, gotta hope Keith Mccambridge, if returning, can help them all improve and be ready
2 years pro experience: Graves, Paliotta
1 year pro: Gilmour
NA rookie pros: Bereglazov, Pionk, Day, Zboro, Pedrie
and old man Kampfer

like many, wishing hard that Kenny G is finding a new opportunity

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Ronning did pretty okay. I think he makes the AHL. Keep in mind they always have a million guys there that they rotate. Fontaine will have to impress to make the AHL. He could do an over-age year to focus on offensive development.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Could Paliotta be in play for roster spot next season?

I really truly think he is the best defensive prospect in Hartford. We'll see what they do with the defense over the summer, but if there's a spot for him to compete for I wouldn't be shocked to see him win it.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
Could Paliotta be in play for roster spot next season?
He's a righty and responsible defensively, him and Graves should be obvious call up option when there are injuries depending on team need. I hope they let Summers go so there are fewer tempting vets for AV and these guys get some games in. Sooner or later they do need to see what they have in Graves, Paliotta, with these guys really being on the cusp.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Pretty complete, thanks

I am not convinced Jensen will walk to Europe, he had a great North America season, has reason to believe he is close to NHL

I am not as confident as PB that Bereglazov wont start with some AHL, maybe ease him into the rinks, the hits, the language, the culture; i could see for him the McD/Hagelin model, a few months down, then up for good

Okasanen not mentioned, he finished strong, was not a liaibility in his HWP games, but is free to sign anywhere (like Joly)

I expect Gettinger and Ronning could be back in Jr,
Morrison too, if ELC'd, but seems he may be off the ELC track with signings of Leedahl and Lettieri and ELCs to F draftees a year later

Clendening is just one of our dozen RFAs at all levels -
Zib, Oscar, Fast, Pirri, Puempel, Clendening,
Jensen, Beck, Catenacci, Paliotta, Skapski
Donnay(virtual lock to NOT be QO'd),

The incredibly deep but young D is remarkable, gotta hope Keith Mccambridge, if returning, can help them all improve and be ready
2 years pro experience: Graves, Paliotta
1 year pro: Gilmour
NA rookie pros: Bereglazov, Pionk, Day, Zboro, Pedrie
and old man Kampfer

like many, wishing hard that Kenny G is finding a new opportunity

Bereglazov is not coming here to play in the AHL. He'll sooner go back to Russia, and he's NHL ready. Might be more NHL ready than Buchnevich was a year ago when he came over.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Gettinger can't play in the AHL, not old enough. Tambellini is a winger, Stromwall is also a winger, Fontaine is a center. I'd move Tambellini to the top line to be the winger on that line. I also think Fontaine will go back to junior or play in the ECHL. I don't think he'd do well in the AHL next season.

I agree with nyr2k2 about Stromwall going back. I don't even see the spot for him. He's going to be 23 to start the season and he sucks at the AHL level. Let him go.

Graves could probably start next season in the NHL, but with Bereglazov's presence, maybe not. I see no way Bereglazov will start next season in the AHL, so we'd need to clear a lot of NHL room to get Graves to start next season in the NHL as he won't be the 7th D, but he should be the first call up. I don't think they are going to have Kampfer as the 7D. I think its more likely that it'll be whoever can't be moved between Klein and Holden. Otherwise, its a crowded D in Hartford next season. We should try to get Paliotta resigned, if possible. Clendening is also under contract with the big club. We know AV doesn't like him. He could start in Hartford. Maybe they won't resign Paliotta, and will instead play Clendening down there.

Beck-Veteran-Tambellini
Joly-Nieves-Kovacs
Gropp-Catenacci/other Veteran-Veteran
Leedahl-Fogarty-Lettieri
Chapie

Graves-Paliotta
Kampfer-Pionk
Gilmour-Zborovskiy
Day-Pedrie

Nell
Halverson

Yeah, we'll need 2-3 AAAA players to push some kids down to reasonable line assignments and provide some call up depth. I do resign Glass at 950 or less, vet leadership, protection, playoff call up. I like the way we've rebuilt our D depth virtually overnight.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah, we'll need 2-3 AAAA players to push some kids down to reasonable line assignments and provide some call up depth. I do resign Glass at 950 or less, vet leadership, protection, playoff call up. I like the way we've rebuilt our D depth virtually overnight.

Gotta take AV's addiction away from him. No way can you re-sign Glass with who our NHL coach is.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Crawford was on this week's Blueshirts Radio talking about the Wolf Pack and answering fan questions about specific prospects. Worth listening to, IMO.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
According to Elite Prospects and as noted in another thread Magnus Helberg has signed with the KHL. The Rangers have not yet resigned Skapski and may not resign him. Do the Rangers go into the year with Halverson and Nell as its goalies in Hartford? Traditionally the Rangers have had a veteran AHL goalie in Hartford to serve as an emergency backup in case of injury to Lundquist or his backup and had one of their prospect goalies in Greenville. I would look for a veteran backup signing after July 1.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
I posted in the other thread but probably more relevant here:

Not surprising and will be interesting to see what they do for Hartford / future backup. Raanta could very well be moving on, be it LV or a trade. Hartford has no one to step up to a back up role with the big club, and Hartford has a major issue being without a starter. Halverson wasn't very good, Skapski demoted to ECHL quickly, Nell is unproven, Hartford really needs a good Vet to step in if kids are struggling or an emergency backup role.

If Hartford plans to have a competitive team, they can't go into season as Nell/Halverson or Skapski. Ideally bring in a vet on AHL deal?

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
According to Elite Prospects and as noted in another thread Magnus Helberg has signed with the KHL. The Rangers have not yet resigned Skapski and may not resign him. Do the Rangers go into the year with Halverson and Nell as its goalies in Hartford? Traditionally the Rangers have had a veteran AHL goalie in Hartford to serve as an emergency backup in case of injury to Lundquist or his backup and had one of their prospect goalies in Greenville. I would look for a veteran backup signing after July 1.

unlike most guys here, i expect NYR to Qualify Skapski
its not even 2 years since his hip surgery and there is no fixed consistent process for full recovery
next year will only be his 23 year old season;
there is no downside, aside from the extra contract slot used on a goalie

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
I think there is a chance the Rangers resign him. If the Rangers decide to trade Raanta they definitely will need to resign him because they need to expose a goalie with NHL experience. He had an excellent first year and the injury really set him back.

But even if are interested in resigning him I still think the Rangers are signing a veteran goalie to play in Hartford as insurance for an injury to an NHL goalie. Then it becomes a question if the Rangers want to devote 6 contracts to goalies. They have had 5 NHL goalie contracts over the last several years. The Rangers would then have to balance signing him vs. another defenseman or forward. The Rangers also have not used the full 50 contracts as they seem to like to keep ~2 contracts open for trade deadline acquisitions.

QUOTE=cwede;132741505]unlike most guys here, i expect NYR to Qualify Skapski
its not even 2 years since his hip surgery and there is no fixed consistent process for full recovery
next year will only be his 23 year old season;
there is no downside, aside from the extra contract slot used on a goalie[/QUOTE]

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

Oksanen signs in Finland. Guess the Rangers weren't interested in giving him an ELC and he wanted to to get paid well in Europe.

Wouldn't be surprised if he comes back to NA in a few seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->