Minor League Thread 2017-18: Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
With Chytil going down too it's really important to not mess up the lines here. The top-9 should be some combinations of Chytil, Schneider, Puempel, Whitney, DeSalvo, Lettieri, Gropp and Boo + 1 (Kosmachuk has apparently been good with Boo so keep him there for now atleast).
I'd go with this to start:
Schneider-Chytil-Puempel
Gropp-DeSalvo-Whitney
Boo-Lettieri-Kosmachuk

4th line should be Fontaine-Fogarty-Catenacci, let them play lots on the PK to get their TOI up a bit, rotate Selleck into the games where the opponents have some thug.

This would give us a legit top line and it would put all the "kids" in good spots to succeed.

Why Nieves on a wing? Not sure if it was also you but this is not the first post where he's not at center so I'm just wondering..

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Why Nieves on a wing? Not sure if it was also you but this is not the first post where he's not at center so I'm just wondering..
FWIW he was a better offensive player on the wing when he was in college. It was something Michigan did with him a lot. When he really hit a rut his Junior year they shifted him to the wing and he picked it up offensively. Not saying that's his best spot, but he has been used there successfully in the past.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
FWIW he was a better offensive player on the wing when he was in college. It was something Michigan did with him a lot. When he really hit a rut his Junior year they shifted him to the wing and he picked it up offensively. Not saying that's his best spot, but he has been used there successfully in the past.

Good to know. Thank you.

Even on a wing he'll be playing ahead of Gropp, at least for now.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden

Personally i think he's more effective at wing, also Wolf Pack kinda lack Left Wingers.
Could definitely put him at C too, no big deal.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Good to know. Thank you.

Even on a wing he'll be playing ahead of Gropp, at least for now.

It's not about playing ahead or behind of Gropp, it's about the lines and how they mash in theory.
You can flip the 2nd and 3rd line if that makes you feel better.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
Personally i think he's more effective at wing, also Wolf Pack kinda lack Left Wingers.
Could definitely put him at C too, no big deal.
You think Hartford lacks left wingers?? Gropp, Tambo, Schneider, Peumpel, Whitney and not to mention Carey might be joining soon though he could play C. They lack proper right wingers, just like the big club. The C depth is meh but Chytil makes it interesting. Lettieri is rightfully playing right wing since they don't need him at C.

It will be interesting to see where they slot Chytil, for the first few game 3 C probably is the best slot to see how comfortable he is. They have enough AHL vets to put him with experienced wingers.

Reactions: kovazub94

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
You think Hartford lacks left wingers?? Gropp, Tambo, Schneider, Peumpel, Whitney and not to mention Carey might be joining soon though he could play C. They lack proper right wingers, just like the big club. The C depth is meh but Chytil makes it interesting. Lettieri is rightfully playing right wing since they don't need him at C.

It will be interesting to see where they slot Chytil, for the first few game 3 C probably is the best slot to see how comfortable he is. They have enough AHL vets to put him with experienced wingers.

Poorly phrased by me, i stand by that i rather have Boo on the wing though, i prefer DeSalvo, Lettieri and Tambo at C over Boo and Schneider, Puempel and Whitney can all play both wings.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I dunno. AV has always made it known that he prefers to carry 8 D-men. Not sure why he has only now followed through on that want, but I'd bet it's his idea.

Because in most years we didn't have enough cap space to carry 23, so we carried only 1 spare forward and 1 spare dman. Also, we've gotta have 8 dmen that it makes sense to have on the roster. If our 8th guy needs to be getting lots of ice time in the AHL rather than playing as a 6/7 in the NHL, then it's better to just carry 7.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Good, Whitney sounds like a solid choice to lead the younger guys. He also sounds upbeat and optimistic.

One of the things I'd really like to see this year is the veteran players pull their weight. I didn't think Company Man Ken was the worst coach ever like some did, but he did seem to have a difficult time getting his veterans to play to their abilities. Each year it seemed like we'd have a handful of veterans who did jack shit and just collected a paycheck. Let's forget this season; Kampfer was okay last year, yet in Hartford he was an abomination. If the new staff can turn that around, that alone would make the Pack at least respectable again. That and better goaltending. LOL.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Hartford whooping up on Toronto right now, 3-0.

Tambo has his 3rd goal in 3 games.

Chytil got an assist on a Pumpers goal in his first AHL game.

Nieves has a goal an assist.

Nell in goal again after that really good performance vs Lehigh Valley. He has a shutout going with 5 minutes left in the 2nd. He is making me very happy.

BTW, this is the third team in a row we are playing that was a Playoff team last year. Toronto is a good team.

Reactions: Osminator

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Who is scratched tonight vs. Toronto?

I don't want to have to think too hard, so Ill just post the Game stats so far...

Capture.PNG

Reactions: Osminator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad