Minor League Team COVID-19 Policies (21-22)

Atlantian

Dec 13, 2017
Atlanta, GA
In this thread, I want to compile a comprehensive list of which teams and leagues are requiring what (i.e. masks, negative tests, vaccines, etc.) for players, staff, and attending fans this season. I do not want an opinion based thread on what people think of what policies, just the policies themselves and how they will impact fan support. I will update this top post with anything that gets announced.

ECHL -

Adirondack - Full Capacity - No restrictions (Adirondack Thunder to play at full capacity at Cool Insuring Arena)
Allen -
Atlanta -
Cincinnati -
Florida -
Fort Wayne -
Greenville -
Idaho -
Indy - Masks not required but encouraged (COVID-19 Information)
Iowa -
Jacksonville -
Kalamazoo -
Kansas City -
Maine -
Newfoundland -
Norfolk -
Orlando -
Rapid City -
Reading - Masks encouraged but not required (varies by event) (Re-Opening Policies - Santander Arena & Performing Arts Center)
South Carolina -
Toledo -
Trois Rivieres -
Tulsa -
Utah -
Wheeling -
Wichita -
Worcester -

SPHL -

Birmingham -
Evansville -
Fayetteville -
Huntsville - Full Capacity (Havoc Announce Return to Full Capacity)
Knoxville -
Macon -
Pensacola -
Peoria -
Quad City - Face Masks required (even if vaccinated)
Roanoke -
Vermillion County -

FPHL -

Binghamton -
Carolina -
Columbus -
Danbury -
Delaware -
Port Huron -
Watertown -

PHF - Full Vaccination required for all players and staff (PHF ANNOUNCES COVID-19 HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS)

Buffalo -
Boston -
Connecticut -
Metro -
Minnesota -
Toronto -

Last edited:
Reactions: Tao Jones

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
SPHL ... Huntsville - Announced in mid-August that the Von Braun Center will operate at full seating capacity for the 2021-22 hockey season. The VBC is in Madison County, Alabama, which follows state-level proclamations & protocols related to public health and safety. Edit as you see fit.

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
Santander Arena, home of the Reading Royals, announced this recently. The team is owned by the County Arena Authority, who also operates the building, and the GM of the building is also the GM of the team, so at this point this is also the Royals policy. They did have a Judas Priest concert recently and the tour promoter required vaccine cards or negative covid test withing 72 hour of the show, plus everyone had to wear a mask. So the Royals could, in theory, require more additional items like this. Seems unlikely with the same person in charge of both organizations, but its possible.

The Santander Arena and Santander Performing Arts Center has undergone numerous enhancements to the venue to ensure patron safety including:
  • All points of sale within both venues are now touchless for your safety and only accept credit cards
    (Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express)
  • Touch-less flushing in all restrooms
  • Hand sanitizing stations placed at all entries and throughout the venue.
  • Partnership with Jani-King to handle our cleaning and disinfecting procedures during and following every event
  • Increased filtration on our air handlers
  • UV lighting in air handlers to neutralize 99.7% of airborne particles
  • Activation of the ASM Global VenueShield program providing the highest levels of safety, security and consumer confidence, in alignment with approvals from local government officials and health care experts
Face masks will be encouraged of guests but they are no longer required unless asked for by a tour.
Mask policies may vary per and event are subject to change per local, state and federal guidance. Please check the specific event webpage for any changes to this policy for your upcoming event.
If a guest is experiencing any of the following, we ask that you stay home:
  • A guest who has COVID-19 symptoms.
  • A guest who has a COVID-19 test result pending.
  • A guest who is under a healthcare provider’s care for a positive COVID-19 test.
  • A guest who has been exposed to COVID-19 (unless fully vaccinated).
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures – for you, our other guests, and ASM Global Team Members.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is a contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death.
By visiting, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
"By visiting, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19." Well, there you go, then. :phew:

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
SPHL ... Knoxville ... Knoxville Coliseum (ASM Global) "COVID Response": "You must follow all policies, including health and safety policies and posted instructions while at the Knoxville Civic Auditorium and Coliseum. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and those with underlying medial conditions are especially vulnerable. By entering the Knoxville Civic Auditorium and Coliseum, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19."

SPHL ... Evansville ... Ford Center (VenuWorks) ... "Face Masks Required* *Check back often as this policy will be reviewed weekly"

Last edited:

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
ECHL ... Cincinnati Cyclones ... Heritage Bank Center (ASG): "Special Notice We take the health and safety of our patrons, staff, and community seriously and urge everyone to continue to follow the guidelines set forth by public health officials. Heritage Bank Center will be following the recommendations of state and local government. As such, there is no requirement of proof of vaccination, negative test, or wearing of a mask at this point in time unless requested by the individual event organizer...."

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
SPHL ... Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs ... Berglund Center (Global Spectrum): Per WDBJ on August 24, 2021, "Safety At Berglund Center During COVID-19" ... "Officials at the arena say they are strongly encouraging people to wear masks at all of their events ... . The Berglund Center says they are following all CDC & state guidelines, and right now that means there are no restrictions on seating capacity at The Center. ... All staff members are required to wear masks at these events."

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
ECHL ... South Carolina Stingrays ... North Charleston Coliseum (ASM Global): From 2021-22 FAN POLICY AND FAQ ...
SEATING IN THE STADIUM

Do I have to stay in my assigned seat(s)?

Yes. Fans are not permitted to move to other empty seats or join other groups. Be a good teammate and help us keep our community safe.

How do I navigate the concourse?

Please follow any signage displayed and maintain physical distancing. When exiting your seating section for restrooms, concessions or at the end of the game, please be aware of other fans on the concourse.

CONCESSIONS

Will I be able to get food?

Yes, food items will be available throughout the arena for purchase. Chic-Fil-A will be in the Coliseum Terrace, while Papa Johns will be in the Montague Terrace. All food will be individually wrapped.

Can I use cash?

Yes, cash will be accepted at all concession stands, however, we urge fans to use credit or debit cards whenever possible.

Will beverages be sold, including alcoholic beverages?

Yes, beverage options, including alcoholic beverages like canned beer and mixed drinks, are available. Fountain sodas will also be available at concession stands.

Will there tables to eat at in the terraces?

Yes, socially distanced seating will be available for fans in both terraces. ...

Reactions: Roadhog

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
@Atlantian: Based on the maybe two dozen venue & team website searches that I've completed for current COVID policies, it seems that the vast majority of the organizations are still formulating their 2021-22 strategies and/or simply waiting for local/state govermental guidance. I can't see this thread's useful content growing much more until we are a week or less out from each league's start, and in many cases it will take fans-in-seats reporting to fill in your blanks in the original post. So with the low traffic in this forum (even in-season), you're gonna have LOTS of gaps in your multi-league team lists for quite some time to come. Noble cause, logistical nightmare. :help:

Reactions: Atlantian

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
@Atlantian: Based on the maybe two dozen venue & team website searches that I've completed for current COVID policies, it seems that the vast majority of the organizations are still formulating their 2021-22 strategies and/or simply waiting for local/state govermental guidance. I can't see this thread's useful content growing much more until we are a week or less out from each league's start, and in many cases it will take fans-in-seats reporting to fill in your blanks in the original post. So with the low traffic in this forum (even in-season), you're gonna have LOTS of gaps in your multi-league team lists for quite some time to come. Noble cause, logistical nightmare. :help:
You are right, I think it will take actual reports from the arena to get a true idea of what is happening. I frequently see employees at some establishments who are "required to wear masks", and are wearing them as a chinstrap, covering neither nose or mouth. If an arena has a rule, but doesn't actually enforce it, the rule doesn't mean anything. OTOH if an arena makes it optional, but 90% of the fans choose to wear masks, the net result is the opposite. A good friend of mine, and one of my employees father both passed away from Covid in the last two days. I'll be wearing a mask at games in spite of the fact that I just got my booster shot.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Trois-Rivières will be able to be at full capacity. Santé Québec has given permission to all venues that have assigned seating (such as hockey arenas) to fill their buildings at 100% (as of October 8th). The venues will only allow the fully vaccinated.

Reactions: JMCx4 and Roadhog

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
I spoke to a Royals employee yesterday. The current policy is masks optional, no requirement for vaccine or negative test. They only expect that to change if there is a mandate from the city/county/state government. All team employees, and players were required to be vaccinated. There will be little to no fan/player interaction. No appearances post game for autographs/pictures, no "high five line" as they enter the ice pregame, no appearances at sponsor events, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad